1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Desperetaly need to make an extra $500 a month, please help

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by aab1, Sep 5, 2011.

To make a long story short, I've essentially lost my life and desperately need to make an extra $500 a month to get my life back.

I currently sell several products on eBay and through my website, my products are awesome but I know absolutely nothing about marketing and know I can easily make several thousand dollars more per month just with proper marketing. I'm already reading books from successful people which is slowly helping but for now I really need to make an extra $500 a month at all cost and ASAP.

Ideally I'd prefer to do it by improving my marketing to get continuous results. Where can I start other than the books I'm reading? Are there easy and sure ways to send targeted traffic? I don't mind investing in advertising as long as it can get me a good conversion rate.

Am I allowed to post my website here? Another thing I'm horrible at is web design, and my site looks like it was made by a 5 year old which definitely doesn't help my sales.

Thanks

aab1, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  2. Terry Hatfield

Terry Hatfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since you already are good at selling on Ebay what I would recommend is that you go around to different garage sells and tell the people that anything they have trouble selling you can list it on ebay and sell it for them. You take like a 10 percent fee or whatever you can negotiate for doing the auction for them. You could also list their items on Craigslist and sell the stuff that way.

Another good way to find stuff to sell in look in the newspaper for items for sell and call and tell the people the same deal. You would be surprised how many people would like to sell their stuff online but don't have the technical skills or just don't want to bother with it.

And if your area has a lot of bandit signs(little signs you see hanging on telephone poles) then that would be a great way to get stuff also.

Also, try going around to bulletin boards in retail stores and community places like a library and hang up a flyer.

Terry Hatfield, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  3. aab1

aab1 Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thanks, but the products I sell on eBay are products that I can get a nearly unlimited supply of so I only sell 4-5 products but always those same products over and over again.

Ideally I'm looking for ways to increase the sales of the products I already sell both on eBay and through my website as that would keep my income up whereas selling other people's stuff is just something I'd to temporarily, if at all as I prefer improving the businesses I already run.

Thanks

aab1, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  4. Terry Hatfield

Terry Hatfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In that case lol. Your title said desperately, guess your not that desperate.

If you get their email address when they buy through your auction you could send them an email occasionally to let them know of other similar items that you sell.

Terry Hatfield, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  5. aab1

Best Answers:
    I've had one of my product/business analyzed and was told I can be making $100k-150k a year with just one of my 4-5 products I sell, what I'm asking is that I desperately want to increase my sales by $500 a month out of that $100k+ a year potential.

I just think it would be a waste of time to sell used junk when I already have a product that has the potential to make me well over 10 times what I need, I just need to learn the proper marketing skills and redesign my websites and auction listings with what I learn and that's what I'm asking for here.

I want to know how I can get closer to the full sale potential of my product but my lack of marketing or web design skills are preventing me from reaching that goal, and for now all I need is an extra $500 a month, just a few changes to my website design and content as well as my auction designs and content can more than easily get me that $500/month when it has the potential for far more.

Thanks

aab1, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  6. Cyber God

Cyber God Peon

Best Answers:
    I can help if you want. Just PM your site and let me take a look. :)

Cyber God, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  7. kylelawrence

kylelawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    There are actually a lot that you can do. What you need a good tool to start. You can check out this site that I have tried with free tools and resources if you are lost in your business mygoldenrolodex.info.

kylelawrence, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  8. sierraalpha

sierraalpha Peon

Best Answers:
    I make a decent income combining peoples photos into videos. Very easy to do.

sierraalpha, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  9. chaujka

chaujka Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can get a simple adsense website done for you with guaranteed targeted traffic of 500-1000 visitors a day for 30 days starting at only $199. You can even have it made for you for the niche you are already in with your ebay products. That would be a big plus for you - Professional site, your ebay products listed, plus guaranteed targeted traffic for 30 days.

I read $$$!

PM me for details on where to get this service.

chaujka, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  10. flammab1e

flammab1e Member

Best Answers:
    You can learn to use a CMS like Joomla to design a better looking site. I prefer Drupal but the learning curve is higher.

flammab1e, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  11. c1live1

c1live1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just tossing in a couple pennies here... but, if we are talking about actual, real marketing then it's going to take a little bit of time, and a bit of a budget (bout a hundred bucks) to get a test run going. Well, it won't take very long, about a day to get your results back from that test but testing ain't free if you want it done Quick. Now... and some of you (okay probably a lot of you) are going to nag me for this but this is my own personal experience and it HAS worked for me in the past... PTC sites, advertise on them. It's a quick, and super cheap way to get stats in no time at all. Personally I use Adf.ly most of the time because their traffic seems to be the more reliable, but you can never really tell for sure. However, if you want to test banners for CTR's... PTC seems to be a good way to do it (again... my own personal experience)

c1live1, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  12. contenthangover

contenthangover Peon

Best Answers:
    One question: are you selling more on eBay or from your website? Actually two questions: is your website an eBay storefront or your own personal site?

Once you figure out which one sells more then focus on promoting it more. We will tell you that reading, reading, and reading some more won't get you anywhere. When you're spending more time in the eBooks instead of building your marketing plan, it's really a waste of time.

If you learn a new strategy then it's a good idea to focus on this area alone. Well, as long as you're reading the right information :) One thing we always found helpful with Ebay (back in the day) was taking advantage of classified ads. There are a lot more sites than Craigslist out there, and they can help you convert more sales if the potential buyers are targeted.

Good luck!

contenthangover, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  13. braincandy

braincandy Peon

Best Answers:
    If you like to sell using online markets i can suggest a few which are totally free:

Webstore
    Buzzmart
    Bluejay

None of these sites charge anything for listing or final sale values.

Also just sent you a pm

braincandy, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  14. Closed

Closed Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to start somewhere, look in the market place and offer little services like, toubleshooting with wordpress, offer things you're good at.

Closed, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  15. javy09

javy09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

If you are creative in something, maybe you can make something that people can use and sell it on Ebay. Look around your house or ask friends and family if they have unwanted items that maybe you can sell on Ebay. You will be surprised at the things people buy that we sometimes throw away because we have no need for them anymore.

javy09, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  16. scottish

scottish Peon

Best Answers:
    try starting your own small business if you have a skill or a product that is worth people paying for. what products do you sell on ebay?

scottish, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  17. aab1

Best Answers:
    I'm more than willing to pay and $100 is around what I'd pay for a test run so that's perfect, however it would be smart to improve my website design before doing this right? However I'm not familiar with PTC, are internet users being paid to click on my ad? Does that really get considerable conversions? I'm very skeptical.

I used to sell far more on eBay but not I sell about twice as much from my website than from eBay (my website sales increased as ebay sales decreased), it is my own personal website completely separate of eBay.

I'm also not spending all my time reading, I've been applying a lot of what I read.

Why classified ads VS regular auctions or buy it now? Is it just for the lower cost? I'd rather pay more and get better exposure and sales, when my sales were highest my monthly eBay bill was $700-800.

I already have several businesses as I posted in my OP. I sell an eBay auction sniper software which is the #1 most sold on eBay, I also have a web based version of it on my website which I sell prepaid cards on eBay to use it.

Additionally I sell:
    -A refill solution to refill Braun self cleaning razor cartridges for a fraction of the cost of new cartridges, but on eBay only
    -A recipe/health book I wrote due to a disease I got when I was 17, again sold on eBay only
    -I offer a high volume color printing service for people that want a document printed thousands of times and offer highly competitive prices, I sell this both on eBay and through my website, about 100% of sales where through eBay since the only sales through the website are repeat customers

Thanks for the help

aab1, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  18. ContentFox

ContentFox Peon

Best Answers:
    Only someone with an agenda or no clue would say that if you're struggling to increase sales by just 500.

IMO, get a presence in related forums, on blogs, etc.
    Add a charity option to your ebay listings. These are proven to increase sales by about 15% and are grossly underused.

I would suggest experimenting with adwords however you have no money to lose. I would focus on increasing conversions through copy and design to optimize your already existing visitors.

ContentFox, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  19. aab1

Best Answers:
    About your first sentence I definitely fit in the "no clue" category, I don't even understand how it could be a hidden agenda, which likely shows just how no clue I have.

What's the best way to get a presence in related forums without it being spam? I've never tried that for not wanting to look like I'm spaming and harming my reputation. I'll look at what charities I could choose, but I'm very skeptical of these charities as most often keep almost all the money to themselves so I'd have to read a lot on the charities I select first.

Last time I tried adwords I lost money but I will soon have my website redesigned as my current one looks terrible and drives probably 90% of people away imediately just due to the horrible design. Once I have a professional design I'll try adwords again.

aab1, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  20. ProMarketerOnline

ProMarketerOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    I've just sent you a PM

I can help you sell your products - $500 a month is easy it all depends on what products you have

Cheers

ProMarketerOnline, Sep 21, 2011 IP