1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MochaHost - Going insaine with mochahost - useless support

Discussion in 'Outages' started by adam1987, Dec 1, 2009.

Here is my story with the worst web-support ever by Mocha Host.

I stated with there cheap package for $3 per month, which was running fine until they decided to suspend my account because of excessive bandwidth usage etc..

So i upgraded to there basic VPS , i was forced to pay a higher price then which was stated on there website because i was not a new customer and had to pay another upgrade fee... i went along with it.

Then the site speed has become extremely slow, and now the vps is maxed out on memory and i am unable to login to any control or admin panels on the site.

I have been talking to the support and they have been giving me repeatedly useless responses.

adam1987, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What is your RAM?
    If your memory full,then you need to add more RAM.

mentos, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  3. rlestina

rlestina Peon

Best Answers:
    I have sites on mochahost and i've noticed the site speed is very, very slow. Other than that I've been happy, but that's kind of a critical issue. Anyone else had any good/bad MochaHost experiences?

rlestina, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I loaded mochahost normally.
    Usually it depend on your location.

mentos, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  5. wdc1

wdc1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Any more Mochahost reviews from reputable members ONLY please?
    Internet is full of bad reviews and im not sure if its competition work?

wdc1, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  6. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure why they won't give you reasonable answers, as the solution is extremely simple:

If you're using all the memory allocated to your VPS, it's not an issue with the host. It's an issue with your site. You will need to get a VPS with more RAM, or increase the RAM on your current VPS. Or you can try to optimize your scripts so that they don't use as much RAM.

Aside from that, there isn't a whole lot the host can do to solve this issue. The issue is on your end, and the ball in your court, as far as how you wish to proceed.

WSWD, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  7. sunilmnambiar

sunilmnambiar Peon

Best Answers:
    They suspended my (unlimited bandwidth)account claiming 'excess server load', I had only a plain Joomla website(with 100-200 visitors a day) running on my account! Their technical support is the worst, unprofessional, they know only copy+paste job. My experience with them is narrated here: http://techmindviews.blogspot.com/2011/03/java-servlet-tomcat-web-hosting.html

sunilmnambiar, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  8. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's not surprising. Many "unlimited" hosts do that every single day of the week.

WSWD, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  9. sunilmnambiar

sunilmnambiar Peon

Best Answers:
    But the term 'high resource utilization' is no where defined in their terms and conditions, so they can suspend your account even if your hosting account consumes less than 0.000001% memory or CPU! Just try their service for a month and raise some service ticket with the technical support, you will realize how bad their technical team are. Also the up time is just 80% in reality, but they claim they have 100% up time!

Currently I am with another service provider, its been 6 months now, no issues or surprises, I am very much satisfied with their service.

10. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right! Happens all the time. There is no such thing as "unlimited".

WSWD, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  11. sunilmnambiar

sunilmnambiar Peon

Best Answers:
    So, do you think a Joomla website with 100-200 visitors a day exceeds their limit?

12. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As with any host, it just depends on how resource-intensive your site is. You can't tell by visitors alone. 200 vistitors uploading and converting videos, for example, is going to be far different than 200 visitors looking at a static .html page.

Visitors alone are not a good metric for determining resource usage.

WSWD, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  13. sunilmnambiar

sunilmnambiar Peon

Best Answers:
    I had only 20-30 static pages, with a feedback form, not a single video or any other file upload/download services. I am here not to prove they are the worst, just sign up for 1 month plan, that's all you need to do to evaluate their service. Yes, Mochahost is good if you want to host your personal pages, but never ever host your business sites with them, they do not have phone support, you can expect replies to your tickets only after 24 hours, again the chat support is useless. I am writing this from my experience with them, I had signed up for 1 year plan, had to move to a different provider after 6 months, I lost my domain too.

Couple of times I got the below message when I accessed my website:

The filesystem mounted at /home/blabla on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

And it took up to 24 hours for them to resolve their disk issue. Do you think your customers seeing the above message on your website for 24 hours, and you do not have any other option but to wait for the reply to your ticket, acceptable? Look at the response I got for one of my tickets:

Once they suspended my account for using the 'Backup' option in cPanel! And I have many examples like this. If you still believe what they are doing is good, go ahead and host your sites there, after 1-2 months reply to this thread with your experience.

sunilmnambiar, Sep 16, 2011 IP
  14. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never said it was acceptable. I think it's horrible. I'm just saying that this stuff happens all the time with the "unlimited" hosts. You see threads just like this one every single day amongst all the web hosting forums.

WSWD, Sep 16, 2011 IP