1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ebay to Amazon Guide - Step By Step Guide For Generating Traffic For Your Amazon Page

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Words For You, Aug 23, 2011.

Dear Amazon Affiliates and Digital Forum members. I'm almost at the end of my 14h daily Blogathon, and i wanted to make my last post useful to people who have been looking to drive traffic to their Amazon Affiliate websites. This is going to be a long post, so is suggest that you take notes and Bookmark this guide.

Before starting off with the contents, i'd like to say a few things:

* I am not a pro level Affiliate Marketer.
    * It's my nature to help people and i got stabbed a lot of times due to this "nature".
    * I am not expecting anything in return, it's a free mini guide for all those people who're struggling to drive traffic to their websites.
    * Please go easy on me, and understand this thing that i am only trying to help everyone.
    * If you have ANY questions, send me a PM and i will see to it.

The only reason i am helping is because of the fact that some Affiliate Marketers think that these techniques should remain a secret. People have become so secretive these days that they dont share anything. Know this that knowledge and idea sharing will always generate fruitful results. And at the end of the line, there's a nice big grave waiting for us. So no one owns anything. What we have in this world, it's best that we pass it on to others and try to make a difference in someone's life.

Okay, let's get started.

How to Drive Traffic Through eBay Network, To Your Amazon Affiliate Website - A Step By Step Guide​

A couple of days ago, i read this post at Digital Forums; it was about how a guy made a couple of several hundred thousand dollars by being an Amazon Affiliate Marketer. Heres the link to that post. He was trying to help but somehow he got irritated by the way our fellow haters commented on his updates. So he just said that "i'm driving traffic through eBay to my Amazon website(s)." Other than that, i couldnt find a lot of information or details about this topic.

I carried out my research process and brainstormed this idea for over a week. Initially i came up with this plan:

Plan "A" for Selling Amazon Affiliate Products Through eBay

A) Get myself registered at eBay
    B) List my Product at eBay as a Seller at a Slightly Higher Price
    C) Whenever a buyer buys the product, the payment goes to my Account.
    D) Once the money is in my Paypal or Whatever account, i head over to Amazon and Buy the Same Product
    E) Ship the product to the fella who purchased it off me at eBay.
    * This shipping address is the same address that my buyer entered at eBay at the time of purchasing my product.​

F) Enter the buyer's shipping address at my Amazon Product Purchase page

Eventually, your, or my eBay product buyer, will get the product in an Amazon Card Board Box. It will be a little surprising for him/her, but let me assure you, that as long as the buyer is happy with the product quality, packing and everything, we dont have to worry.

However here are the risks and questions that popped up in my head:

1) If the product is damaged during shipping, it's going to be a long process for ordering a replacement. I dont know how this will work. I would love to hear something on this dilemma.

2) In case of refunds, what's is your strategy? If the buyer asks you for a refund at eBay, what will you do?

3) Amazon sometimes changes the price rate of different products. What if you kept your margin buy found out that the product just turned over a new "leaf" at Amazon. What if it's price is increased? Granted that your buyer has already made the payment, can you ask him/her for more money?

This process is 100% legit and most of the big shots are doing it already. They normally have the item ordered for themselves so that if someone needs a replacement, they can send it immediately without any hassles. The defective items, in the mean time, can be sent back to Amazon.

Plan "B" - Driving Traffic to Your Affiliate Website Through eBay ​

eBay will never ever let you directly drive traffic to any outside source. Unless and until you are doing it illegally, or through a proper channel, while staying within their policies. The things that i am going to teach you; they're all taught within the confines of eBay policies. At least to my best knowledge, they are. I have read the Terms of Service section a couple of times, so i know that we're not breaking any rules.

The good thing is that you can rinse and repeat as many times as your little heart desires. You should be able to apply these techniques on all your auctions at eBay, so that a steady flow of traffic can be directed towards your Amazon website(s) network.

A) Head over to eBay US Terms of Service/ Policies Page. Open up their Linking Policies Section

B) It says in the Link to Photos of Your Items sub section -

" Note: If you link to a page with additional photos on it, the purpose of the page must clearly be to provide potential buyers with images of the item for sale. While the photo page can contain discrete links to other pages that sell items outside of eBay, that can't be the primary purpose of the page "

Also see the screenshot that i have attached:
    Screenshot 1.jpg

See, it says that you can link to a website that provides photos of the products. It also says that the same website can/ is allowed to link to other sources, but it's primary purpose should stick with the idea of touting out a product photo collection. Oh yeah, that's what we're going to do. But why are you all grinning? :) ;)
    Okay, the caveat suggests that "While the photo page can contain discrete links to other pages that sell items outside of eBay, that can't be the primary purpose of the page", and that's exactly what we're going to do.

1. Register at eBay and make an Auction for your Amazon Affiliate Product.
    2. Keep the Auction Price High because your primary target is not to sell the product, but to drive traffic to your webpage.
    3. Create a website, solely dedicated to the Amazon Affiliate Product.
    4. Construct a webpage with 10 - 15 photo images of the product.
    5. Create Amazon Affiliate Links with Attractive Lines at your webpage.
    6. For example, your link can say this, "Buy XYZ Product" or "Buy This and This Product", Or, "More Info On XXXX Product"

The only reason i suggested a website or a webpage dedicated to the product, is because of the fact that i want you all to remain within the eBay terms. We're not breaking any rules here. So if you want to create flashing links with banners and stuff that compel potential buyers to buy the product, do it at your own risk. My link listing strategy should be used in your Blog Roll (you can use a Footer Widget for Links as well), Side Bar Links and etc.

The Amazon Affiliate product page should look very decent. Here's an example page.

Things to Do With the EBay Auction:

* You can post an eMail address, saying that More information is available at . This is a nice way of driving people to your webpage email, and also a great way of promoting other products.

* Through your email, you can send weekly "eBay" product newsletters :)

* You can say "For more information, details, or Images, See The ABCD Photo Gallery Here (Your Amazon Affiliate Product Link Page)

* Buyers are people like us, they're not dumb. Dont try to abuse this system that i filled you in on. As long as your Affiliate Product web page looks like a photo gallery, and has supporting content (articles, home page descriptive entries, about us page, anti spam policies page, privacy policy page), you're good to go.

So thats it, a simple guide that will help you drive traffic to your Amazon Affiliate network and that too FOR FREE!!!. ebay has traffic and you should use it to your advantage.

Here's a Golden Tip:

* You can and should link to Amazon pages that have products of the same nature. For instance, if you're auctioning a TV at eBay, you can eventually lead your buyer to an Amazon page that has tons of high quality TVs. However, if you just want to promote one product, it's all up to you.

* Please do not try to be smart and dont try to do something that i didnt write about here. I know that it's human nature to be curious and to implement new ideas, but if you're doing it, do it at your own risk.

More importantly, please share your ideas, questions and contribute to this thread as much as you can. As long as we're all sharing ideas, we'll have lots of stuff to talk about, within this topic's limits.

Please, please and please, read this Post because i created this tutorial with the help of Stuart's and Debbs Blog. The credit goes to Debb because if it wasnt for her, i wouldnt have discovered this goldmine of information. And I also used Debb's Affiliate Webpage as an example.

Words For You, Aug 23, 2011 IP
    nihangshah likes this.
  2. ibanezgrx1

ibanezgrx1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for you effort. :) Not many people do that here these days. Plan A is kind of an ancient technique :) Plan B is good but I don't think that is the technique that guy was applying. Looking at his stats its obvious that its not that simple. Plan B is the first thing that comes into mind when talking about driving traffic from E bay. :)

ibanezgrx1, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  3. Avisblr

Avisblr Member

Best Answers:
    Great post dude.!!!! Thanks for sharing this idea. Others would have sold this for $xxx in ebook section :)

Avisblr, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  4. Words For You

Words For You Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, i know some people would've made a mini eBook out of this but i just wanted to lay it out straight for everyone. Hope it helped you

Words For You, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  5. trax2

trax2 Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips, something that I would not have thought of doing

Thanks for sharing

trax2, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  6. nurul_206

nurul_206 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info, I'm a newbie on internet marketing with bad english
    If i',m not mistaken : we can't make picture link to amazon page, we just can make a link from a word like "Click here for more information about this product"

nurul_206, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  7. Words For You

Best Answers:
    Thats what i mentioned above. In the screenshots and links provided, alongside this tutorial, yuo'll find out that i never talked about linking directly to Amazon or anything like that. Its a website that you need to create first, in a photo gallery format. Just go through the post again and take notes and make a check list.

Words For You, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  8. drees5761

drees5761 Peon

Best Answers:
    A) Get myself registered at eBay
    B) List my Product at eBay as a Seller at a Slightly Higher Price
    C) Whenever a buyer buys the product, the payment goes to my Account.
    D) Once the money is in my Paypal or Whatever account, i head over to Amazon and Buy the Same Product
    E) Ship the product to the fella who purchased it off me at eBay.
    * This shipping address is the same address that my buyer entered at eBay at the time of purchasing my product.
    F) Enter the buyer's shipping address at my Amazon Product Purchase page

You cannot do this. Amazon will only ship to the address which the credit card is registered with, they do this to prevent fraud.

drees5761, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  9. Words For You

Best Answers:
    Amazon asks for Shipping Address at the time of payment. You can change it over there.

Words For You, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  10. sinclair89

sinclair89 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the share! I have heard of other people doing similar things. Somehow it always seemed slightly unethical to me, but your post cleared my major qualms with it. I will add it to my "to do" list of ideas to try out.

sinclair89, Sep 11, 2011 IP
  11. SOLOWPOET

SOLOWPOET Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the share..I've not had much dealings with Amazon but may have to reconsider.

SOLOWPOET, Sep 11, 2011 IP
  12. John77777

John77777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't see this working financially. Ebay and PayPal fees mean you would have to hike the price considerably. Plus everything that doesn't sell loses even more money from insertion fees etc. Also in the feedback you will get comments like "This guy just orders item from Amazon" and you will build up several neutrals or even negatives. As mentioned there will be huge hassles when there's faulty goods, postal delays etc. This scheme is a big no no in my opinion.

John77777, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  13. Words For You

Best Answers:
    My friend, every person is entitled to his/her opinion.
    Yes, you did state down some valid points, such as; postal hassles and fears regarding feedback at eBay.
    However, this practice has been repeated over and over again by many individuals who know how to avoid such issues.
    If you read Debbie's post through the link in my post here, you'd have known that she even told people how to build reputation at eBay.
    Secondly, i am not forcing anyone to adapt this method. It's just something that can be used to help you with making money.
    Thirdly, people will less likely or never leave feedback such as; "This guy sends stuff from Amazon", as long as you shipped them the right thing in the perfect condition.
    Again, Debbie and Stuart also pointed towards different methods of avoiding delayed postals, or damaged goods. She said that she always keeps one extra unit with her for backup purposes.

Words For You, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  14. vuxuanhung

vuxuanhung Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for share, I will apply your tips for my blog

vuxuanhung, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  15. John77777

John77777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Err, yes and that was MY opinion. How can you ever build a reputation on ebay? Who's going to return when they know the same item must be available for less on Amazon. Only a fool would get caught out twice. Of course it's up to you what you do but I advise people not to try this because it simply won't work.
    I find it amusing that you claim posting this info was entirely for the good of mankind yet push your 'friends' blog repeatedly. At least be honest about it. And no I won't be reading it. Your post is supposed to convey your message not simply direct people to your adverts (sorry, your friends adverts).

John77777, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  16. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post. You put a lot of effort into that. Good job.

:)

PPC-Coach, Sep 15, 2011 IP
  17. Words For You

Best Answers:
    Wow man, i cant believe you deduced this conclusion out of the entire post. I put lots of hours to create this thing and you're saying that i am doing it for my friends??? Wow. Great thinking dude, great thinking. I dont even remotely know those people whose links are in my post. I just put those links because i honestly felt compelled to give them credit, instead of saying that i was the one who originally came up with this idea.

I am just sharing knowledge here. If you dont want to click any link, PLEASE for the love of God dont click anything. If you didnt learn anything or dont want to apply these methods then you dont have to. See, this is what i get for helping people. lolz

Words For You, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  18. ProScribe

ProScribe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice informational post and well laid out. I use mostly google to drive traffic for my own Amazon affiliate sites however I think you raised a lot of good ideas. I do think you need to be careful around TOS though as it is up to Ebay how they actually decide to interpret it, so I'm not sure if I would implement some of the ideas proposed. I think you made this pretty clear as well though to be careful with TOS

ProScribe, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  19. irtiza104

irtiza104 Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a very interesting method. I might try to generate some traffic from ebay too. I am yet to make a single sale :'(

irtiza104, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  20. pricepointshop

pricepointshop Peon

Best Answers:
    ohh thanks dear for giving this usefull info, u have also store in amazon but not so earn on store.
    if any other tips then also sharing with us

pricepointshop, Sep 26, 2011 IP