1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am Ranking #4 but No traffic

Discussion in 'Google' started by jalanbk, Sep 12, 2011.

I am experiencing this for last few days, I am on first page of Google foe few search terms, mostly between positing 3-6 ...

All of these Keywords have more than 300,000 Monthly Search (Global ) and more than 100,000 (US) but I am not getting any traffic... I should get at least 1000 hit daily in such situation...

I checked the ranks with multiple ways on multiple search engine in every possible way and It is confirmed that I hold a average position of 4..

Any Reason guys ?

jalanbk, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  2. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    If it so, maybe people are not too attracted with your site details showing on serp...

WishBone, Sep 12, 2011 IP
  3. jalanbk

jalanbk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May be, But it is no different than other site ranking on same page

jalanbk, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  4. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL.

Most people wouldn't click Mr. 4 in the SERPs.

Grimm, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  5. leonidasblaze

leonidasblaze Peon

Best Answers:
    For the traffic use social networking sites like facebook, myspace, twitter and many more. You have to make a fan page and write some quality blogs and articles and put your website link in it and make many friends and then you can get the huge traffic for your site.

leonidasblaze, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  6. JashLee

JashLee Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, You asked a good question that why do we get sufficient traffic when our website position is very good.

JashLee, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  7. clive2

clive2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to check your keywords in google insights, that gives you better idea about the searches of that keyword in particular period. Because one of my site many keywords also ranked on 1st page, but still I also not getting traffic. Reason is for that keywords in that period there is no search volume.

clive2, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  8. Redchillimediausa

Redchillimediausa Peon

Best Answers:
    May be, your meta description is not attracting visitors. If so, then re-make description according to your product/service specific. Don't depend totally on search engine for traffic, use other ways of promotion also.

Redchillimediausa, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  9. Sonam Singh

Sonam Singh Peon

Best Answers:
    If your Keywords rank in first pages and no traffic, For that you start SMO(Social Media Optimization) in which you can increase the traffic with the help of Facebook , Twitter e.t.c and also by the blog commenting and PPC.So you start the work on it definitely you will get the traffic soon.Best of luck

Sonam Singh, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  10. Jesse12

Jesse12 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

I will suggest you to check it out your keywords ranking for the search engine according to your targeted market. If you are targeting the US then check your ranking in US and also find out some more keywords which is getting more traffic used for your website.

Hope this will provide you help.

Jesse12, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  11. rabnebanadijodi

rabnebanadijodi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have same problem I also want to increase traffic on my site but no traffic. My site keyword are coming in Google First page. But no traffic I have done all thing like smo. classified. comment posting etc. can u help me for increase traffic.

rabnebanadijodi, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  12. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't use GLOBAL searches, you must use EXACT searches when looking for keywords...
    And since only 100´000 of those global searches are from the US it means that you might not rank on the first page for the other 200´000 searches
    in other Google search engines...

Wulkanen, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  13. jalanbk

jalanbk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You are right but if there is a search volume of 20000 searches daily, you can expect at least 200 UV per day at no 4.... I am not getting even 20...

You need to check your facts before doing LOL

Thanks Good tip, Insight shows a bit of less traffic than Keyword tracker but difference is not that much

This is my Adsense site and I am ranking in almost all Google (country specific) on first page, average ranking is 4/5

I am ranking in almost all of the Google's be it google US, India, UK or any other local , I have checked about 50 different

jalanbk, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  14. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    Try to improve your social visitings and then check the difference.

Alex jones, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  15. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still, you need to look at EXACT searches, not global ones.

Wulkanen, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  16. common sense

common sense Member

Best Answers:
    Have you confirm weather it is personalised result or not . You should log out and then check your search . Many keywords get traffic during certain period and most of them click on 1-2 position . They go ahead if there is no settisfaction with upper serps

common sense, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You could rank NUMBER one for Pug Farts. But if no one is looking for Pug Farts, it does not really matter if you rank number one or 1000; your just not going to see any more traffic than if you did not rank at all...

Maybe what you rank for is not popular enough of a kw to generate traffic?

Mia, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  18. Sharpwebhosting

Sharpwebhosting Member

Best Answers:
    What are the keywords? What is the name of the site? are you ranked well in a regional version of google ie. country specific or is it on google.com?

Sharpwebhosting, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  19. JayePause

JayePause Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing to consider is do you have +1 on your website?

If so, Google+ is influencing the search results and depending how many people you are connected to in your circle will also affect the results that are being displayed.

A good way to test this is to actually use a different browser that is not associated to a gmail account and then do a search for those keywords on Google. If your website is no where near those positions, then you know that the +1 system of Google+ is in fact influencing your search engine ranking position that is in your circle of friends.

If that is not the case and you are ranking for those keywords, I would definitely spend some more time looking over your meta data, if your title and description isn't interesting enough you may be losing search engine traffic.

Also, try yourself with this tool, this is not a guaranteed measurement but it does in fact give you an idea of how you are doing:

http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/ranking-reports/

JayePause, Sep 13, 2011 IP
  20. JakeSmithOZ

JakeSmithOZ Member

Best Answers:
    there those people who experience the same thing, and usually the problem is that their having issues with targeted kws..better recheck and see if its naturally searchable and ordinary searchers would think about typing it..

JakeSmithOZ, Sep 13, 2011 IP