1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do You Write Press Releases?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tvanslooten, Mar 6, 2007.

I've never done a press release before but I was wondering what's the best way to write them - and do you treat them just like article writing and submissions or is there something "special" to them?

One more question (sorry)...how do you know if your site is ready for a press release? In other words, does your site have to actually have something "newsworthy" to report or can you just write a general description of what your site has to offer?

Travis

tvanslooten, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  2. rzvagelsky

rzvagelsky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well a press release should announce something that is newsworthy...that's the whole point. I would hold off and only submit once you do have something that can stir up some interest and then maybe hire someone to write the release for you.

rzvagelsky, Mar 6, 2007 IP
    drig likes this.
  3. JoshLowry

JoshLowry Peon

Best Answers:
    JoshLowry, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
  5. skillipedia

skillipedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to pay for press releases ; otherwise they will stay hidden in free PR web sites .

skillipedia, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  6. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    That's not true... the best distributed press releases can be done for free... they just take time. Manual distribution doesn't cost you anything if you do your own legwork. Besides, free distribution sites aren't all that bad, and if you choose them well, your release isn't "hidden." For example, there's no need to pay if your main target is getting your release picked up in Google News, b/c www.pr.com will do that for you with their free distribution service.

jhmattern, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  7. JoshLowry

JoshLowry Peon

Best Answers:
    So on the other side of the coin, what is the best place or is there one that you recommend if a person were to pay for a press release?

I heard a good review on PRWeb.com, but it's $200, any thoughts on that?

JoshLowry, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  8. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    It's rarely the "best" option, but if you can't afford the time to do it manually or the cost of having someone take care of it for you or having a wire service distribute for you, then you should at very least try to rank well on PRweb (more than $200) if you want any even remotely serious coverage out of it.

jhmattern, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  9. GarryHillton

GarryHillton Peon

Best Answers:
    Press release are personnel promotions, awards, new products and services, sales accomplishments,etc. Strong updates and business opportunities for others makes an press release important and more impressive.
    And during submissions of press release kindly mentioned good and accurate content which is related to real world.
    And the most important "Don't copy".

Regards,

GarryHillton, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  10. AdenClark

AdenClark Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like to outsource this, get yourself over to fiverr as there is some ex-newspaper editors who provide a full optimised press release for just 5 bucks. Happy days!

AdenClark, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  11. carolynccourtney

carolynccourtney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    An easy way to create filler content is to come up with quotes that you can insert into these paragraphs as well. You can come up with a statement from yourself as the owner of the business that can be used here. It gives you a chance to maybe talk a little more about your business. I will show you a full sample press release below so you can see how the quotes are used.

carolynccourtney, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  12. showkatahmad

showkatahmad Peon

Best Answers:
    Press release is a simple piece of contnet writen on the occocians like offers , discounts, cost hike or cut ups etc or at the launch of new product or services. etc

showkatahmad, Sep 7, 2011 IP
  13. Karen2152

Karen2152 Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have a link to these ex-editors - it would save me such a lot of time (and effort...) if there was someone experienced who would write my PR for just $5.

Karen2152, Sep 8, 2011 IP
  14. AdenClark

AdenClark Active Member

Best Answers:
    The one i used to use is no longer available on fiverr, although after a quick search on the website, i found one that looks promising:

http://fiverr.com/theprwriter/write-your-business-and-event-press-releases

You can also find someone of high quality to submit your press release when its done to the most relevant media outlets. Just search press release submission within the search box on fiverr and sort the results by rating, this will give you the best suppliers for that keyword.

Hope that helps.

AdenClark, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  15. Karen2152

Karen2152 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that - much appreciated. This will save me so much time, especially as you've given me the links

Karen2152, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  16. AdenClark

AdenClark Active Member

Best Answers:
    No problem, good luck with your press release marketing. If you do it often, and submit it to the right places, you will certainly drive more traffic to your offers and build some high authority backlinks.

AdenClark, Sep 9, 2011 IP
  17. LinkDeveloper

LinkDeveloper Peon

Best Answers:
    thats gret info.. i was thining about press releases also but they cost soo much on prweb..

LinkDeveloper, Sep 10, 2011 IP
  18. annaharryson

annaharryson Peon

Best Answers:
    press release content should be qualitative and relevant. preciseness should be there in the content.

annaharryson, Sep 10, 2011 IP
  19. 75dollarseo

75dollarseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks every one ... help full thread for me

75dollarseo, Sep 10, 2011 IP
  20. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Press releases are meant to be information about aproduct launch or site, like a herald, so think along those lines

golfpro1, Sep 11, 2011 IP