1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama's Uncle s held without bail detainer from U.S. Immigration

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by bogart, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No! You've already admitted to be from India, and so did Helvetti, so there is your proof! You must be Helvetti!

Obamanation, Sep 3, 2011 IP
  2. Tray

Tray Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Webby, these are some fair questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
    At first no. Basically all this started when I asked Bogart where he got his figures for this statement here:

His reply was basically, 'Trust me-it's true'. So I repeated the question.

Thats when Obamanation replied by quoting an article about immigration and the EITC. So I'm thinking "Ok, fair enough". But after spending sometime there I realized it wasn't exactly an impartial site. So I decided to check his source by googling it. Thats when I found out that his source site had a history of making some racially dubious statements.

At no point did I accuse him of anything. I merely said , "I would really take anything I read on that website with a grain of salt." And rightly so. They definitely have an agenda.

When I pointed this out he comes back with the nonsense about National Council of La Raza having the motto "For the race(latinos) everything, Outside of the race(latinos) nothing'. He was shown to be lying.
    He invoked Hitler and Obama!? And he repeated the nonsense about immigrants and the EITC.
    Thats when I thought "Wow! I must have hit closer to the truth than I realized. This could be fun."
    And from that point on, you're right. I did do a fair amount of race baiting and it was fun. But if in doing so I inadvertenly offened anyone else (especially considering how serious a topic immigration is); I do apologize. Like I said elsewhere, he really told on himself here and I couldn't pass up this opportunity.

Are you kidding? If I was any whiter, I'd glow in the dark. However my girlfriend of the last 7 years is Mexican, and before anyone starts burning any crosses in my yard-yes, she's legal. (Sorry for the 'burning cross' comment. I just couldn't resist. :eek:))
    Not to mention we have a large hispanic population where I live and I hold a supervisory/human resource position where I work. So i do have some first hand experience in these matters.

Really? Hmm...
    Here the definiton of racism from thefreedictionary.com:
    rac·ism (rszm)
    n.
    1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Can you show me where in my posts I did just that? How about from my sources? I can (and have) with Obamanation's sources.

Fair enough, and I can understand your concern. But while I don't know what it's like in your country, here in the states what people tend to overlook is immigrants pay taxes too. When they draw a paycheck, they pay income taxes the same as the rest of us. When they buy something in a store they pay sales tax. They pay gas taxes, sin taxes and every other tax the same as everyone else.

Here's an excellent wiki article to on the matter:
    Anyone who wants to know more about illegal immigration in the states should really read that page. It shows the good and the bad without juggling numbers just to try and prove a point.

And here's a good one from Harvard. But be warned-you think my posts are long.
    I had good laugh myself. For the lulz is always fun. ;)

Sorry for the long winded post. Immigration (and peoples opinions about it) is a complex problem with no simple explantions. But one thing to keep in mind is that we're not talking about numbers. We're talking about people. Individuals with lives, families, children.

It's real easy to say 'Well-they broke the law coming over'. But so what? I drove 75 in a 60 on the way home today and it's always 4:20 somewhere. ;) All the majority of them are really guilty of is trying to provide a better life for themselves and their families. Boo Hoo! What hardened criminals!

Besides, our goverment has been encouraging them to do so for the last 25+ years. As a whole they've proven themselves to an efficient, hardworking, and (most importantly for their employers) a cheap source of labor. It's only been in the last few years (coinciding with the collapse of our economy) that our collective opinion of them has changed.

Do we need to fix our borders? Sure, but neither can we just turn our backs on the ones who are already here. And there's got to be a better way than just kicking them out.

So yeah, I had some fun at O'nation's expense. But you know what? He (and lot of others like him), deserved it. Because they've lost site of something important:
    We're a nation of immigrants. Founded by immigrants. And if I remember my history correctly, we weren't exactly invited over here either. So if anyone in the states has a problem with immigration; they should take their own advice, pack their bags and get the hell out.
    And again, if I have offended anyone with my posts, I'm sorry.
    Later all, gotta run-it's always 4:20 somewhere. ;)

Tray, Sep 3, 2011 IP
  3. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent post ! Thanks.

Documented and undocumented immigrants have played a vital role in this country’s economy and development since colonial times.

popotalk, Sep 3, 2011 IP
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Tray: I noticed your failure to reply to my post, so I hope your declaration of victory makes you feel better about how you presented your argument. You might want to note that the link you posted as "From Harvard" is actually from the Harvard Latino Law Review, a magazine, and the article's author is a C.P.A. from Chapman university in California. The magazine has a stated agenda of Latino Issues so using your own words against you
    So are drug users, yet they sit in our prisons. Our speeders pay fines, our tax evaders goto jail. To be fair, most of the laws on our books are mala prohibita and yet the courts hand out their judgments on a daily basis without taking into account the human factor. Lets face it, the people who sold you the pot you are now smoking are just "trying to provide a better life for themselves".

I can appreciate your sympathy for this particular group of criminals, whether it is based on your desire to have them vote for your party, or your desire to have your girlfriend continue to sleep with you(assuming she does now), or your desire to get her illegal relatives into the country, or your genuine desire to give all the poor and starving people on the planet a hug. Whatever your motive is, its cool by me. I myself have sympathy for the pot smokers, hookers, johns, online gamblers, offline gamblers, drug dealers of every stripe, coal miners, oil drillers, polystyrene foam manufacturers, and makers of incandescent light bulbs. Unfortunately for them, the government has created legislation that makes it illegal for them to make a better life for themselves, without so much as considering the human factor. Not saying it is right, it just is.

What you need to do is first figure out why we put those silly laws regarding immigration on the books in the first place. Once you've figured that out, perhaps you will be able to put together a cogent argument as to why they should be repealed. Perhaps, armed with a reasonable argument, you will be able to have those laws overturned, transforming today's criminals into tomorrow's law abiding citizens, and everything else that comes with that. In the mean time, you are just an advocate for lawlessness who, by his own admission, uses race baiting in lieu of making an argument for lulz, or what is commonly called a forum troll.

Obamanation, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  5. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Fair enough, but impartial source or not, the fact remains the fact. If you think that it's not the fact and a false claim, you should counter that. But just dismissing it claiming that it's coming from a site you choose not to trust, well, it doesn't work. We are not talking about their agenda,we are talking about a fact that they happen to use to highlight their agenda. There's a difference.

Either prove that it's not a fact but a made up lie, or accept it as the fact.. It works like that.

No I'm not kidding, I was just curious..
    Florida?

I know the definition of Racism, so I know it stand for every race.. Now it may sound odd, because you said you are white yourself..

I find it amusing that people with a firm anti illegal-immigration stand are often labeled racist. These are two different issues. As far as I know, O'nation never implied his association with KKK or endorsed their agenda. He definitely has a opinion against illegal immigration, but so do I have. Simply because of that, you called him a Klansman. Its same as calling everyone, who disapproves the invasion of Iraq, a terrorism support.

And as for the rest of you post, it's your opinion and it's good that you think that way, while I may disagree to some parts, It's not my debate as I'm not an American...

PS: I'd like to add something really general.. While arguably, we all are immigrants, immigrated from one place to another at some point of time(as you imply), there has to be a point where it gotta stop for one particular place. You just can't allow everyone to get in. Let me give you an example, a fairly simple example.

Lets say there is a restaurant, the restaurant owner decides to do his good deed of day and gives out free lunch on Sundays. Everyone wants a free lunch, so people just pour in. Now while all intentions of the restaurant owner are good, he simply can not allow more people than the maximum capacity his place allows.
    What will happen if the entry is not regulated and kept under control? The chaos will ensue, no one will get his/her free lunch and the place will be destroyed.

Replace restaurant with a country, Free lunch with better life and opportunities, people seeking free lunch with illegal immigrants, the result will be the same.

Just a thought.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
    The Webby, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  6. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wikileaks anyone ?

[video=youtube;ltkP-nw24WU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltkP-nw24WU[/video]

popotalk, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  7. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

No need to apologize.....his arguments always include tasteless diatribes of character assassination as an assertion for his own opinions than actual facts.....as a child when forbidden his favorite cookie.

Breeze Wood, Sep 4, 2011 IP