1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Racist? "Indians Only..."

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by recraig2, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recraig2

recraig2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    By the way, for those of you who have trouble slowing down enough to actually read, this question is what this forum is all about. The "Indians Only" example, was just that, an example. It was used because it is the most abundant that asks only for a particular race. If you have a problem with that, take it up with those posting these ads that appear at the bottom of this thread, not with me.

If you have nothing to ad to the discussion, ... well, you know what the guidelines are.

Because, if you had read the original post, you would know that it is not a forum about a particular ad.

Actually, I think you are thinking about discrimination, which is often used mistakenly as a synonym for racism. Anti-discrimination is favoring a particular race or set of races. Racism includes both.

Ah, you bring up the same justification that there is a certain quality someone needs to fulfill your requirements. They might fill it by being a certain race that you believe might fit the bill. But the variation in skin pigment can be quite wide. Two sisters I know: one is white as a lily, blonde-haired and blue-eyed. The other sister is very dark, dark brown hair and hazel eyes. They have the same mother and father and are of the same race(s).

That brings up the problem that if you are an American the chances are quite high that you are a mixture of races. Then what?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    recraig2, Aug 30, 2011 IP
  2. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    You are going too much into this.That is totally unnecessary.If you don't listen properly it goes no where.
    You may be intelligent but take my advice get off this forum and take some professional help.

bharatmax, Aug 31, 2011 IP
    YMC likes this.
  3. recraig2

Best Answers:
    I like all the activity and input here, even if we disagree over some issues. It's great to see people contribute without reverting to harassment. For all of you who have put in your views, even if we disagree, thank you! :) That's the purpose of a forum discussion, right?

Cheers!
    Ron

recraig2, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  4. hefe

hefe Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps he wanted English articles that described Indian culture or Indian travel destinations, and wanted the writing to be from first-hand experience.

I sometimes require not only good "English" skills, but also specifically ask that an American write the article. Why? Because perhaps I'm asking for an article about something that's uniquely American, and want someone with real experience, not someone researching and regurgitating someone else's notes. Now, technically, someone's that's not American, but lived in the U.S. for many years could do it, but I don't really feel the need to write all that out just to avoid being called a racist.

hefe, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Wow, we are talking about splitting hairs now. Let's say Whites. Asians, Hispanics and Native Americans only just to lift them all up. Ok now?

Blogmaster, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  6. hefe

hefe Member

Best Answers:
    Without an actual "help wanted" post to look at, this discussion is mostly B.S. There are situations where requiring someone of a specific race and/or nationality makes sense, and cases where it doesn't.

Some cases where I feel it might make sense....

- Experiential requirements (e.g: I want someone to write an article on what's it's like to be an Indian worker in a foreign country. Or I want someone to write about
    their personal experience with racism)
    - Tax reasons. Perhaps their accountant insists on writers that can submit the Indian equivalent of a U.S. 1099 form
    - Legal reasons. Perhaps their lawyer feels they can enforce copyright law, or some other law more effectively if the writer is in the same country they are.
    - A genuine desire to stimulate the economy and/or support the locals in their home country

hefe, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  7. recraig2

Best Answers:
    Of course you're right. In some countries being a racist is a good thing.

These are very good ideas, but it only proves you didn't read much if any of the previous posts in this thread. These were all addressed many times already. But it's a good try. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
    recraig2, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  8. tibor1234

tibor1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    be aware he is asking me to send him $180 must be a scam

tibor1234, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  9. recraig2

Best Answers:
    Tibor, who are you talking about?

Aha, I checked your posts and found this. Maybe that is the scam. Perhaps the guy is legit, perhaps not. I worked for a client who bought a site from someone here on DP. Of course, they met face to face too and finalized the legal end, because it was a BIG purchase!

recraig2, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  10. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    bharatmax, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  11. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He just thinks all Americans are scammers.. what a RACIST Scumbag.. he should be penalized.

averyz, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  12. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand.What did I say? I was talking about tibor1234..

bharatmax, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  13. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not you tibor1234, he thinks all Americans are out to rip him off just because they have light skin and colored eyes = RACIST - PREJUDICE - might i even add NAZI (ever notice how the swastika originated in India?)

averyz, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  14. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are wrong. This is done b'coz an indian will write an easy english. Let us explain foreign writer, write the many programs language books but that will be not easy for indians,sri lanka etc to understand b'coz english is not the mother tongue there. Where foreign writers books are too good. Due to hi quality english, its not easy for students to understand. If a indian writer will write that book will be sell all over the world and it will be easy to understand. It is market strategory.
    If you think that i am wrong .Just purchase any two books of same subject or course and compare the english. One is of foreign writer and another is of indian writer. Indian writer always writes easy english, sometimes it is not possible. In most of the cases you found, indian writes easy english.

humtuma, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  15. hefe

hefe Member

Best Answers:
    (in response to something I posted in this thread).

Urgh. Now that's just nasty. I did not say, or imply anything of the sort. At this point, I have to assume you are trolling for controversy where there is none.

hefe, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  16. pranjal20022002

pranjal20022002 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't understand the meaning of this entire thread... too much ado about nothing

pranjal20022002, Sep 2, 2011 IP
  17. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try telling that to 6 Million dead jews.

averyz, Sep 2, 2011 IP
  18. milindmk

milindmk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi recraig2,

I think saying "Indian only..." is really put negative impact on reader and that impact is bigger when there is no reason specified... I see DP as a network where people come, talk, ask, share information.

there are many reasons like money transfer, communication etc (which are already posted) when you PREFER a specific country or local ppl.. and telling this in better way like " I prefer ppl from India due to blah blah reason " won't hurt anyone :)

Everything I said are my personal views :)

milindmk, Sep 2, 2011 IP
  19. InternetMovieRadar

InternetMovieRadar Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you're exaggerating, indians get paid less, work more, easier commucation with your own race, etc if you get what im saying.
    If I was hiring for e.g. 'Indian Times' then of course i would want indian writers.

InternetMovieRadar, Sep 2, 2011 IP
  20. massu

massu Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, I don't like it either. though there could be a really need like payment issue and localized knowledge. at least they should be reminded of racist issues when posting.

massu, Sep 3, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.