1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Top 3 Ways to really get Targeted traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Buzzpromote.com, Aug 28, 2011.

What are the top three real ways to get targeted traffic.

I'm Thinking:
    1. Social, Facebook, twitter
    2. Email Marketing
    3. Get alot of exposure on a high-traffic site...

any other suggestions

Buzzpromote.com, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  2. jekyllhyde

jekyllhyde Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with your first choice, but not the second. Emails get sent to spam and conversion rate is always a pain.

jekyllhyde, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  3. Riaan

Riaan Peon

Best Answers:
    If u can spend the money for advertising, Advertise on a blog that is in the niche you are. EG. if you are selling dogfood, advertise on a dog training blog. The traffic is super targeted

Riaan, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  4. gonzalod34

gonzalod34 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social sites traffic is not as targeted and the conversion rate is too low. You can get targeted visitors by exchanging the link with your niche related blogs/sites.

gonzalod34, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  5. Reedo

Reedo Peon

Best Answers:
    Generate an original report of interest to viewers solving a common problem, give it away for free, collect addresses, create a list over time, with a focused group with common interest, build your list-communicate with them-no quick sales, but as a proactive helper, become a community solution provider with unique affiliate tools to offer over time.

Reedo, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  6. RevoGFX

RevoGFX Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, social media websites are the best, but also advertising yourself on blogs related to your website. But not always theres a need to pay to appear on a similar site, many blogs are in the search or Partner Sites, which is free

RevoGFX, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  7. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, can somebody explain email marketing briefly?

stellaandreapark, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  8. nikko999

nikko999 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think link affiliation is the best. Similar niche and potential visitors which contributes to high conversion.

nikko999, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  9. abhayhendre

abhayhendre Peon

Best Answers:
    "good content" is not on your list! It should be in first spot!
    email mktg is only useful when you have a huge responsive list (& btw we need "traffic" to build that list, so email mktg is not a trfc gnrtion method, its about using the traffic that we are already getting & building list from that traffic)
    in my opinion, article directories & web20 sites (eg.blogger) for backlinks are a good way to start
    fb & twtr will be useful only if you have hundreds of fans or followers

abhayhendre, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  10. Piradzinsh

Piradzinsh Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get exposure and traffic for your website with all of your mentioned things, but the problem is that usually the traffic does not convert into banner clicks or product sales as the traffic won't be targeted. The best traffic still comes from Google organic search but if you don't need to convert your traffic into sales I recommend social networks as they cost less to promote and are more effective

Piradzinsh, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  11. Isaiah Jackson

Isaiah Jackson Peon

Best Answers:
    They all work, and I'm thinking the only reason your messages get sent to spam is because you didn't use double opt in.

Also a little way to encourage that doesn't happen, in your first email tell your subscribers to add your email address to their address book

Then your guaranteed not to go into the spam section ever :)

Isaiah Jackson, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  12. Ferrari310

Ferrari310 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing isn't generally made for targeted traffic these days... Since more emails are sent to the junk folder... I'd recommend SEO all the way. Since FB And SN sites are all spam and untargeted.

Ferrari310, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  13. ruby2011

ruby2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    thumbs up !

i am a link builder and i always prefer getting target traffic from search engines, but it is really hard in these days as so many people rushing to the area. It is a better strategy to advise on targeted niche site, the conversion rate is really awesome.

ruby2011, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  14. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For me the best way to get targeted traffic is via search engines as they are really looking for something I posted about on my site. Second best Way is Social marketing such as Twitter/ Facebook

Sensei.Design, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  15. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark Peon

Best Answers:
    So, email lists do not have a use anymore?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
    stellaandreapark, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  16. iJK318

iJK318 Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends. You can utilize what you think will work for you and just go with it. Some methods may not work in some areas due to the saturation of spam. But that can also be untrue. If you stick to your guns then it is possible to turn the "overly spammed traffic source" into a real money maker. People do it all the time. All you have to do is a little research and do it the right way.

If anyone reading this is interested in creating a Facebook Fan page for their product then just check out my quick outline to setting up the AD Campaign. It's pretty self explanatory and the guide provides a few tips to help you along the way such as what to pick and what not.

Anyway the thread I created for it is at: forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2273800

Hope it helps someone!

- Jeff K.

iJK318, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  17. iJK318

iJK318 Peon

Best Answers:
    If email list didnt work anymore then sites such as Aweber would be out of business because its users would stop using their service and therefore cause the service to go down.
    There is always a controversial debate whether this works or this doesn't, the funny thing is that there are people still making tons of cash online from methods though to be obsolete. Just find what you believe will work best in your niche for you and promote that method. Also, don't just stick to one method, and make sure to go onto more methods and implement multiple methods for best results.

Hope I could help you clear that up stellaandreapark.

- Jeff K.

iJK318, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  18. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are just so many things nowadays - Facebook fan page, email list/newsletter, Twitter followers, RSS subscribers, etc.. it's madness....

michael.aulia, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  19. viteb

viteb Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. I agree with you.
    Advertising on related blogs, which are giving information about related product or services, will help to increase targeted audience and will increase brand awareness to targeted customers.

viteb, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  20. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinks, unique well-written content, and backlinks.

Oh, and unique well-written content.

contentboss, Sep 6, 2011 IP