1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is ClickBank a BIG Scam, a place for affiliates to cheat people into buying?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by sdas, Aug 27, 2011.

I am starting to dislike ClickBank because most of the products are just useless products which do not really give value and do not work as described by the sales page? Worse still, affiliates are out there learning how to lie and cheat people into buying products that "sound great".

Do you agree with me?

sdas, Aug 27, 2011 IP
  2. saladflorida

saladflorida Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i kinda agree with you on this,

saladflorida, Aug 27, 2011 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think its irrelevant. Only promote products you think are helpful and would buy yourself. Of course there will always be crappy products on the market, the same can be said about any industry. The problem is worse online due to the low barrier to entry.

dcristo, Aug 27, 2011 IP
  4. valkener

valkener Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I second dcristo! Don't sell stuff that you would never buy. Why? That's immoral and will not build a userbase.

valkener, Aug 27, 2011 IP
  5. alex17

alex17 Member

Best Answers:
    Agree !! In fact 80% of products are fake / scam ..

alex17, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  6. nikvn

nikvn Active Member

Best Answers:
    nikvn, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  7. storesf1

storesf1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you seen the latest terms on Clickbank.

They're becoming wise.....and it's about time.

They have a whole new set of rules which should cut out a lot of crap.

Saying that it used to/still does amaze me that some products and sales tactics, 6 or more clicks to exit a website etc.... would get accepted!?!

I guess the amount of refunds have become so great that they HAD to review the situation. Hopefully things will change for the better.

LOL I guess all those 1-3 click "super software" scams were good for something. ;)

Dave

storesf1, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  8. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not really. There are good useful products and there are scam products. Not just in clickbank, but in anywhere in this world. There are good people and there are bad people.

g36, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  9. sdas

sdas Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope ClickBank can clean up all those junk products so that we know which ones are the real good ones. Then, we can buy those good products without worries. :)

sdas, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  10. sdas

sdas Peon

Best Answers:
    ClickBank should do all the filtering and ban those bad scam sites. I got scammed more than once, ClickBank is really terrible because they provide a site for people to scam others into buying junk products.

sdas, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  11. abhayhendre

abhayhendre Peon

Best Answers:
    crappy products is not an issue just with cb. There are crappy products everywhere both online & offline! Although it's true that some affiliates promote crappy products just make some quick bucks but they forget one thing that cb products have 60 day money back guarantee. so even of they succeed in fooling a customer to buy that product, the customer is, of course, gonna ask for refund after he has gone through it. You must consider Gravity & Popularity of the products. Now if a product is brand new, it may have a low gravity even if it's good. Few weeks ago, i was planning on promoting a product. The product was going live after 3 days. I am a member of JVNotifyPro, so i get updates on upcoming cb products regularly. I created a review page for that product on my website. I created a video to upload on youtube. I wrote a couple of articles. Just before I was going to submit my video & articles to video sites & article directories, I dont know why but i just searched on google for that product's reviews. And I found out that the product was a REAL CRAP (it was created by an IM Guru! No, I mean a REAL guru, not some guy who used fake cb & paypal screenshots on his sales page). The guy who gave that review had a review copy of that product. In his review, he gave an overview of the product. The info in that product was rehashed crap, even worse! I was shocked! All my efforts of creating video, writing articles & creating review page on my site were wasted!
    I instantly DELETED all that CRAP I created to promote a CRAP product:(
    So anyway, my point is crap is not an issue with just cb. And cb is DEFINITELY not a scam! There are many CLASSIC products in cb marketplace which will keep bringing in cash for affiliates for years to come!

abhayhendre, Aug 29, 2011 IP
  12. lone woolf

lone woolf Peon

Best Answers:
    hi , click bank always refound when you are not happy with the product you eventually buy. 30/60 /90 days depending on the guarantee. Sure the are many bad products and sure i personally think they should filter more. But this happen all over the net. You have to know and learn to recognize a bad product , but still you can always get refound. NOT TOO BAD. ... Still the are great product you can promote, but you can do some search on google about the product before.

lone woolf, Aug 30, 2011 IP
  13. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, most digital products promising money are hyped up scams.
    If you want to promote quality products you either need to buy and test every product to see if they work
    or you will have to create your own product.

Wulkanen, Aug 30, 2011 IP
  14. mjuliusm

mjuliusm Peon

Best Answers:
    clickbank still the best affiliate program...
    i ussualy promote it o facebook ads but now facebook haveban may my ads...
    if anyone can success make ads on facebook will PM me and will got many $$$ for clickbank sale....

mjuliusm, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  15. GrandRoyal

GrandRoyal Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends, as an affiliate please make sure you promote only the products that give some value to the customer buying it.

GrandRoyal, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  16. aniketsrivastava

aniketsrivastava Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe buy the product and use it before promoting...never consider the visitors as cyber credit card and lure them into buying crap...put urself in the visitors shoes before promoting any product..i guess then there will not be any refund and u ll have a nice reputation... :) clickbank rocks...

aniketsrivastava, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  17. ripslyme00

ripslyme00 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no idea I have about 1k clicks but no sale at all and I am promoting the right product grav around 40 etc maybe the product im promoting is known scams lol

ripslyme00, Sep 2, 2011 IP
  18. dejaviewer

dejaviewer Peon

Best Answers:
    I was asking myself the same, cause a lot of those produtcs in cb seems suspisious to me, wicked and fake. The truth is that those of you who say that there are good and bad products are right. The bad thing is that the number of the fake/lie products must be lowered or the potentional buyers would eventually avoid CB :/ Hope the situation become better for everyone.

dejaviewer, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  19. CleverFoxy

CleverFoxy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Any tips on how to differentiate good product from bad one?

CleverFoxy, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  20. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can find on Google, use keywoard: product name + scam. If there's nothing, it means the product isn't scam

g36, Sep 5, 2011 IP