1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is There A Tutorial For the DP Keyword Tracker? I'm Having Issues With It!

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by tvanslooten, Aug 25, 2011.

I uploaded the php file to one of my domains, completed the settings here on DP, and while I can enter keywords just fine, the tool won't return any ranking results. I put in 2 keywords as a test and then proceeded to check the rankings and the tool just hangs. It doesn't return any results nor do I get any error messages.

This looks like it could be a cool and useful tool but it would be nice if there was more detailed instructions and a trouble-shooting guide.

If anyone has any ideas of what I might be doing wrong, please let me know.

Travis

tvanslooten, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmmmm... it's relatively straight forward. What's the URL that you have the PHP script running at? I'll do some testing to see if your server is doing something weird.

digitalpoint, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  3. tvanslooten

tvanslooten Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought. It seems very straight forward and everything works - except it won't actually pull any rankings for me. I'll PM you the url.

Thanks,

Travis

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Looks like the server is throwing a 403 Forbidden error when it tries to utilize the PHP script (if you click one of your keywords manually, it will show you the exact thing that your server is giving).

Can you test adding a keyword/URL combo with just the domain in the URL (no http:// ). Sometimes servers are overly protective and think something with a URL in the request is an attack of some sort.

digitalpoint, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  5. tvanslooten

tvanslooten Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's exactly what it was! I just had to drop the http:// and the www so it was just: domain.com. Now it works perfectly. Thanks for your help!

Travis