1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it pride?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by AGS, Oct 30, 2006.

OK Crazy_Rob has limited me to no more than one Bush bashing thread in a 24 hour period but this is not a Bush bash, it's a question.

After all the shit, the disasterous huge loss of life (over 100 US Forces killed in October alone) and the policy clearly failing miserably is it pride that is preventing the US from pulling out of Iraq?

Is it time to admit it's a fuckup and get the troops out?

Thoughts please.

AGS, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Dude, c'mon!! We can't just pull the troops out and call it a war.

Is that what you're suggesting?

Crazy_Rob, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  3. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:

No Rob, I think it's been an absolute disaster but bringing the troops out and admitting defeat will be too much for the US administration to bear.

It happened in 'nam though in the end.

Sometimes it's better to admit the fuck up and swallow ones pride.

AGS, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need to stop looking at this from a political perspective. What happens to Iraq if we pull out now? Nothing good. An islamist state that hates us, the people of the country who hate us (now that we've failed to liberate them twice). We give people who want to kill us, essentially, the entire middle east. What countries fall next? That calamity is far worse than what is going on right now.

Don't be myopic, AGS and think a little bit.

lorien1973, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  5. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its neither...its the fact that the US can't get behind its troops. If the US was giving its current military the same respect and appreciation that the US did during WWII, then this would have been over long ago. But instead, we have people that hate George Bush so much that they will do anything to prevent him from finishing the mission, even if it means cutting and running. Its a sad day because America is constantly divided. No one is right, republican or liberal.

d16man, Oct 30, 2006 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    The Iraq war was a war to control the oil fields for Exxon and BP in addition to an operation to establish permanent US military bases for a future wider war with Iran.

It is all financial, one to insure that the American dollar remains the standard for trading oil, London supported it because oil is traded on the London exchange that is majority owned by US companies.

If the Iranians establish their own oil exchange and demand that the EURO is the standard that would upset the current balance of power.

Everything else you hear and know about is a smokescreen, the war on terror is all bullshit, it is a fight for control of oil and the exchange of it and which currency is the world standard.

anthonycea, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  7. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Yeah.....that's the ticket! :rolleyes:

Can you explain this one a bit more? You think support for the president would have turned his administration's horrible decisions into good ones?

Is that what he's saying these days? WOW! :eek:

Crazy_Rob, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  8. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Do as I say, but not as I do?

Leading by example, as usual.

GTech, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  9. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    The pull out should be done slowly over the time. But first they need to improve the security in Iraq.

latehorn, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  10. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is somewhat of a moot point lorien I'm afraid. That will happen whether the US are in there or not.

Sitting back while Israel bombed the absolute shit out of Lebanon with weapons flown in from the US didn't do your country any favours either.

Might be best to pull out of the region, keep funding Israel and let them take the job on. :D

AGS, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  11. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, no one ever gave you credit for making sense.

lorien1973, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  12. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    [sarcasm]

I think the tactics need to change, but the strategy should stay the same, we need a new direction but the tactics are good. Once we have a new direction, we can focus on the original strategy. We need to stay the course - we have never been stay the course.

We need to protect Americans.

Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died but we need to protect the freedoms of the american people. The Iraqi people have infringed on Americans too much - we need to do something. Lets send the troops in.

Yo Blair - Are you with me?

[/sarcasm]

mistermix, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  13. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:

Oh lordy don't get me started on Blair again mate, I've already had 2 infractions today because of that cunt. :(

AGS, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  14. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Dude - you don't learn much, do you? How about, "because of that %$#$%," or something to the effect? Is this just a British thing I'm missing out on, or do you just not care?

northpointaiki, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  15. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's a British thing.

Blair has pretty much ruined our country. It's getting pretty desperate over here on our little island. :(

AGS, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Too bad. I had an idyllic time in Hook Norton, chatting beer with the beer columnist for the Financial Times. Forget Tory politics, any country that had a beer columnist for the UK equivalent of our Wall Street Journal had my smile.:D

northpointaiki, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  17. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh mate there is no denying it is a nice country where one can enjoy many parts of it as you did, it's just being ruined by the charley uniform november tango sierras running it. :(

Edit:
    Funny you mention Hook Norton, I live 34 miles from there, never been out on the drink there though.

AGS, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  18. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Humm anyone remember Afganistan when Russia tried to occupy. They ended up retreating in humility with much loss. I think Bush had people believing that his would be a Gulf War in and out done and over with. I immediately saw this as an Afganistan type situation and that we would be there for the long run.:mad:

Sometime's it takes a big man to admit a screw up but IMO as long as Bush is in office we will be in Iraq.

reapr, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice area - we enjoyed our time.

Not being British, I guess I don't see the humor, bud. The word is patently, deeply offensive to women, at least the women I've known in my life. All the best.

Paul

northpointaiki, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  20. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I actually find it amusing when someone says they thought we would be in and out in no time. Someone had their brain turned off?

debunked, Oct 31, 2006 IP