1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone made real money from CJ

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Jenblanks, Jun 20, 2011.

1. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah! I had also some bad experience with cj, There are lots of fraud advertisers out their. It is high budget affiliate program.

iwebsocial, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  2. MsLiz

MsLiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I get a monthly check from CJ. To make money from any affiliate program though, whether it's CJ, clickbank, Linkshare or whoever, you will need to build a website around a specific topic of interest and then figure out what the best affiliate products or services there are to promote that complement that topic.

However before promoting any product or service, really examine their sales page and make sure it's a site that you would buy from. Does the product or service appear to be of quality. Is the checkout process easy, does the site offer a money back guarantee, what's the customer service like, are their customer reviews available? These are all things that indicate how well a product sells.

Also get to know the affiliate manager. This person will be your best friend as far as promotions go. Introduce yourself, ask questions and find out how responsive they are. That will clue you in on how affiliate centric they are and whether or not you will want to do business with them.

MsLiz, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  3. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Commission Junctions is legitimate. I made quite a bit of money promoting Godaddy.com (no longer available) and Liquidation.com. If you want to make money, promote the ones that pay more generously. You're not going to make a lot of money selling $10 movies with a 5% commission rate. Unless of course you do it on a very large scale.

gregdavidson, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  4. gulsher

gulsher Peon

Best Answers:
    I get a monthly check from cj's as well

gulsher, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  5. diogop

diogop Peon

Best Answers:
    CJ always pays in time. You do need to put in the effort to get the $$ but it's worth it.

diogop, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  6. 343GuiltySpark

343GuiltySpark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's not hard as long as you have traffic that is relevant to what you're selling as an affiliate. We currently make about $100-150 and will probably double that by next month.

343GuiltySpark, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  7. brada7x

brada7x Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've made a couple thousand with CJ in the past. The advertisers are great, not sure where you got information about them being illegitimate. There are a lot of big name programs on CJ and they convert pretty well with the right traffic.

brada7x, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  8. FlexOffersVal

FlexOffersVal Guest

Best Answers:
    gotta know how to work CJ...there is a reason why they're the top dawgs

FlexOffersVal, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  9. joeys76

joeys76 Peon

Best Answers:
    Right now I only have advertisers that use around Halloween and I make some good money at that time of the year.

joeys76, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  10. google88

google88 Peon

Best Answers:
    please how to activate fedex and receive chek via fedex??? i can not find that on cj account manager

google88, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  11. pdfmania

pdfmania Peon

Best Answers:
    The point is how to convert your traffic into sales. I've made some hundreds of dollars with cj. But after Panda update, It goes downjust for some dollars a month :D... I'm still looking for a better way how to increase the traffic of affiliate-type websites. Not much references in DPs.. are there any suggestions here?

pdfmania, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  12. majay

majay Peon

Best Answers:
    i have never used it--hope to try it out someday

majay, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  13. mattyrobinson2

mattyrobinson2 Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I've heard, you could be spending your time more efficiently doing other things.

mattyrobinson2, Aug 12, 2011 IP
  14. the writer

the writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to take this in kind of a different route. I have made money from them. I have made more money than I've been paid. Some of the affiliates don't pay every once in awhile, even when you present proof to them that you've made a sale. In those cases I've first tried going to the affiliate a few times, then to CJ. CJ's answer has always been "we can't force the affiliate to pay the publishers."

I mean, what the heck is that? They're not a bad company and has a lot of name companies with them, but if they won't intercede on your behalf then what good are they sometimes? I've had this happen to me 4 times over the last couple of years including a few months ago where I know the purchase was around $400 because I bought it for a nonprofit organization I'm a part of, and the affiliate never responded to my emails, and CJ gave me the same line once, then they also didn't respond to any more emails.

So, as with any affiliate, sometimes you just won't get paid, whether you make them money or not. And that's a shame.

the writer, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  15. Discoverizon

Discoverizon Peon

Best Answers:
    Forgive me for sticking my neck out here, but to all those people who say they have never made money on CJ. Is it because you had low traffic and subsequently no sales or is it that CJ did not pay you your earnings even though you had converted visitors on this?

Sometimes we focus on the external..When looking at the internal causal links would bear more fruit in our pursuit. In short what am saying is don't be caught up in saying CJ is not the real deal when perhaps YOU are not the real deal...:)

Ive learnt that often times, most methods of making money online work;if only we are not fickle and are able to grind out the required traffic and conversion rates to properly monetize our offers.

Discoverizon, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  16. Discoverizon

Discoverizon Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh another thing,i think CJ is quite legitimate..Evidence; Look at the companies they work with :)
    There is NO WAY they would be working with Hostgator, Air France etc if they were not legitimate in their dealings.

Discoverizon, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  17. Andre91

Andre91 Peon

Best Answers:
    Umm, hey dude above, is Hostgator's affiliate program itself legitimate? Think about it.

Andre91, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  18. speakerphooone

speakerphooone Peon

Best Answers:
    CJ is just like any other legitimate affiliate network. You need to build up a good reputation and have a decent relationship with your affiliate manager so that he can hook you up with the best deals and opportunities. Networking is everything, even in the internet world where everyone is seemingly anonymous.

speakerphooone, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  19. acarrothers

acarrothers Member

Best Answers:
    I have made some $ with CJ.

acarrothers, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  20. 97army

97army Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea. Around 2k$ from CJ in last few months!

97army, Aug 25, 2011 IP