1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YSM Problem

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by indian_seo, Mar 21, 2011.

Hi all,

I want traffic from yahoo search only and not from their partner sites. Is there any way of doing so?

indian_seo, Mar 21, 2011 IP
  2. tzupy

tzupy Peon

Best Answers:
    You will need to learn about seo,keywords,article marketing,backlinks!Yo have an easier way to get traffic from yahoo!
    Yahoo answers!Find a category that suites your website profile(niche) browse peoples questions===answer them with a link to your site!
    Give quality answers and you will get the traffic that you want!

tzupy, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  3. andrewnell21

andrewnell21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo Search Marketing account is cognizant of the upcoming fusion between the two platforms. There is a lot of speculation and suppose about what will become of online ads campaigns driven by these channels as well as info from Yahoo and Microsoft has been dissatisfactory at best.

andrewnell21, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  4. arena2

arena2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I’ve been having so many problems with Yahoo! Search Marketing lately, that I thought it’s time to post some of these. YSM is generally a decent program to work with, but they need to start doing some things and stop doing others if they want a product that’s competitive with Google AdWords. Consider this post a plea for Yahoo to continue to improve the organization supporting their search marketing.
    Here are the problems I’ve had with Yahoo!:
    1. YSM editors will rewrite ads for your account and upload them. They do their own optimization without asking. Supposedly, I should have received a notification that this was happening, but come on? Editing ads without express approval from the owner of the account?
    2. A Yahoo! “leak” onto the content network. Last month, paused campaigns started showing ads. A Yahoo! Rep described it as a “leak in their back-end.” The “leak in their back-end” wasted money (they’re doing the right thing and refunding it), causing the account to hit budget limits and shut off early in the day, preventing productive ads from showing. Besides the direct costs of the paused campaigns showing ads, there was the opportunity cost from the good ads not showing.
    As far as I’m concerned, YSM owes me big time for setting a reasonable budget to limit the insanity, otherwise they would have had to refund a lot more money than what they’re refunding now. This mistake in their system probably could have cost somewhere in the 10′s of thousands for them just for this account if I wasn’t experienced with using their system.
    3. I can’t wait for a YSM desktop editor…with clearly articulated account limits.
    Poorly defined limits on bulk uploads and downloads through their console. After making a few changes through the Yahoo! console it sometimes freezes up, not allowing me to download or upload changes because I’ve hit my limit for the day. Without a lot of advanced planning, extended roll outs, or use of an API (which also has limits), Yahoo effectively makes it impossible to edit large accounts. YSM reps say they can’t help with this one.
    4. YSM’s minimum bidding system is causing less relevant ads to show for a major keyword for the account.
    I manage an account with very similar ads and keywords. Basically, they run the same ads across ad groups except for small changes in titles. One ad group doesn’t have a high enough bid to show ads for a particular keyword, but a bunch of other ad groups will show ads for that very same keyword through advanced match, even though bids are set at 1/2 what the minimum bid is listed to be for this keyword.
    Worse yet, these ads are sometimes specialized to a particular state and the keyword is not state-specific. I consider it a flaw in their system that it will show advanced matched ads for a keyword that’s listed as inactive in the ad group that is bidding on it directly.
    So there you go. That’s one week of problems with Yahoo!! (two exclamations, one for Yahoo!, one for the end of the sentence).

arena2, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  5. Pitu

Pitu Active Member

Best Answers:
    learn about SEO,keywords etc your problem should be solved
    thanks

Pitu, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  6. sherlick

sherlick Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo search marketing is same as other search engines marketing techniques.

sherlick, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  7. somacorellc

somacorellc Peon

Best Answers:
    This. MS and yahoo don't really get along too well.

somacorellc, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  8. lorraine02

lorraine02 Member

Best Answers:
    we are doing SEO , but just can't understand more about how to do it , could you tell me some ? thank you !

lorraine02, Dec 21, 2011 IP