1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Closing account to avoid dispute? UK

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by crystak, Aug 3, 2011.

I sold a 5 year old website about two weeks ago for $2,000, delivered everything, transferred domains, etc. and now the buyer tells me that he wants a refund with NO explanation as to why. I politely told him to give me a reason why he wants a refund and offered to help him and he made something up which is obviously a lie.

I am now afraid that he's going to dispute it with paypal and because they side with the buyer especially with non-physical items, I'm afraid he will eventually get the money refunded. There is no address on this paypal user's file so apparently I'm not covered by seller protection and I can't mail him a physical DVD with the website either and he seems really dodgy.

I know there's a 45 day rule in which he could file the dispute but what happens if I close my account before this 45 day? I've already withdrawn the funds so would they still keep the account open or what's their procedure?

crystak, Aug 3, 2011 IP
  2. JamesPh

JamesPh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If the moneys no longer in your account and a dispute is filed and granted, it'll send your account into negative balance (in this case -$2000). I'm sure PayPal are likely to contact you if this is to happen to likely attempt to get the funds off you, so I'd suggest keeping your bank account seperate to the one PayPal has hooked up (Such as two accounts within digital banking, and transfer the funds to one PayPal has no access too, for safe keeping).

JamesPh, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  3. nitinleew

nitinleew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They can´t take the money out of your bank account

nitinleew, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  4. Jerlene.net

Jerlene.net Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they can. If it's linked to your PayPal account they can and will take the money from it. That's what it's there for.

Jerlene.net, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  5. T1pt2p

T1pt2p Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about is no money on bank account? Paypal can take money?

T1pt2p, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  6. Jerlene.net

Jerlene.net Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They will attempt to do so. When they take money from a bank account with no money in it, you will be charged a fee from your bank.

Jerlene.net, Aug 11, 2011 IP