1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is Islam?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by sami, Oct 23, 2006.

1. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Like I said, for all the nutjobs on this forum that accuse Bush of lying, but can never back it up

I don't have to point it out, people continue to make my points for me without even trying! Could you make it any easier for me? :D

GTech, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  2. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I was going through the posts and came to know that you guys dont know even a single thing about Islam and Quran. Islam is the religion of Peace and not Malice and voilence. No where in Quran and Any Islamic term , Any kind of stuff like Terrorism, Violence, Malice, etc allowed. But there are few stupids killing innocent people, suiciding in public places making Islam a bad religion to join.

I think this is the simplest answer to the questions.

And please do not be personal. I am just trying to defend that Islam is not wrong. Only a few people acting bad, leaving bad impression on the minds of others.

Thank you

Disguised, Oct 27, 2006 IP
    boron likes this.
  3. suitsme

suitsme Peon

Best Answers:
    Here we go again...

suitsme, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  4. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I want to believe this - I truly do. What I find wanting, though, is why is there not universal, public, and vociferous condemnation of the acts of "the few," by the many that adhere to "mainstream Islam?" I have seen no such condemnation; and while I may have missed it, I do wonder why such an outpouring of outrage is not more evident?

northpointaiki, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  5. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The wheels on the bus go round and round. Round and round. Round and round.

The wipers on the bus go swoosh swoosh swoosh. swoosh swoosh swoosh. swoosh swoosh swoosh.

lorien1973, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  6. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Means you guys dont have any clear explanation and you just want to humiliate Islam just because of your minds. If you think like that this is your problem then, not ours.

We can say the same thing about Other religions but we don't (i personally dont).

Thank you

Disguised, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  7. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I have no desire - none whatsoever - to "humiliate Islam," though I find it strange that little ole me has the power to humiliate a world religion all by my lonesome.

I have asked a question, and would appreciate your thoughts. I repeat:

northpointaiki, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  8. suitsme

suitsme Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol, that was the other thing I was going to say.
    At least this one is nice about it. I have been verbally attacked on other forums because someone is trying to defend how peaceful Islam is.

suitsme, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    And I once took something that made me picture myself in a boat by a river... there were like tangerines and marmalade and crap like that too.

What a trip.:rolleyes:

Mia, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  10. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a theory with many false religions: if you truely studied it you'd realize it's true and convert.

Contrary to our naysayer, we have learned a rediculous amount about Islam every time some Muslim brings it up.

Islam can only be humiliated by its own teachings (or lack thereof). I'm still waiting for inspirational quotes from the Koran on Love, Mercy, Grace, Forgiveness, etc.

KalvinB, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  11. sami

sami Peon

Best Answers:

hi,

These are some verses of the Quran about Love, Mercy, Grace and Forgiveness.

If you need some more i will be ready to help you.:)

''So, as for those who believed in Allah and held fast to Him, He will admit them to His Mercy and Grace, and guide them to Himself by a Straight Path.'' 3:175

''Their Lord gives them glad tidings of a Mercy from Him, and that He is pleased (with them), and of Gardens (Paradise) for them wherein are everlasting delights.'' 9:21

''And We have not sent down the Book (the Qur'an) to you (O Muhammad), except that you may explain clearly unto them those things in which they differ, and (as) a guidance and a mercy for a folk who believe.''16:64

''And your Lord is Most Forgiving, Owner of Mercy. Were He to call them to account for what they have earned, then surely, He would have hastened their punishment. But they have their appointed time, beyond which they will find no escape.'' 18:58

''Say: "O My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'' 39:53

''Degrees of (higher) grades from Him, and Forgiveness and Mercy. And Allah is Ever Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful.'' 3:96

sami, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  12. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    There's nothing about love there.

And it's also all about Allah. Show me where it teaches people to be loving, merciful, full of grace even to those who are lost.

KalvinB, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  13. sami

sami Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,

The believers, men and women, are supporters of one another, they enjoin (on the people) good, and forbid (people) from evil; they perform the prayer and give the Zakaat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise. 9:71

(24) Narrated 'Aisha: A bedouin came to the Prophet and said, "You (people) kiss the boys! We don't kiss them." The Prophet said, "I cannot put mercy in your heart after Allah has taken it away from it." (Book #73, Hadith #27)

(73) Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, Allah divided mercy into one-hundred parts and He kept its ninety-nine parts with Him and sent down its one part on the earth, and because of that, its one single part, His creations are Merciful to each other, so that even the mare lifts up its hoofs away from its baby animal, lest it should trample on it." (Book #73, Hadith #29)

(6) Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will taste the sweetness of faith: 1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle become dearer than anything else. 2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake. 3. Who hates to revert to disbelief (Atheism) after Allah has brought (saved) him out from it, as he hates to be thrown in fire." (Book #2, Hadith #20)

(50) Narrated Abu Burda: That his father said, "The Prophet sent Mu'adh and Abu Musa to Yemen telling them. 'Treat the people with ease and don't be hard on them; give them glad tidings and don't fill them with aversion; and love each other, and don't differ." (Book #52, Hadith #275)

i had no time to search properly, next time i will get you some more.

sami, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  14. suitsme

suitsme Peon

Best Answers:
    Someone needs to teach these to the terrorists, they don't seem to understand these scriptures.

suitsme, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  15. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Terrorist debates get boring...

BRUm, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  16. leandar

leandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Islam is good ..!!! Muslims are Bad ... when those ppl will out, then we will be join to Islam ..!!!

leandar, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Would someone mind translating for me?

Mia, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Can't help you there - I was similarly lost.

northpointaiki, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  19. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he means that when all the bad people are out of islam everyone will realize how awesome it is and join.

I'm still waiting for inspirational verses from the Koran. I've yet to see one verse define what love, grace, mercy and forgiveness really mean.

Grace has nothing to do with a mother not trampling her offspring. What kind of twisted mind even thinks like that? Why would you define grace using a negative? "Grace is not murdering." Okay, that's nice to know what it's *not* but what *is* it?

Notice also that grace is defined as not trampling your own offspring. What about other people's babies?

Reminds of Chris Rock and mothers who brag about taking care of their children to which he responds "what do you want, a cookie?!"

KalvinB, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  20. Atoll

Atoll Peon

Best Answers:
    Chiristianity is bad... Christians are bad...U are bad... Ur country is bad... everything u write is bad... Everything u see is bad.. and ur Crispy Christianity is the worlds Biggest FAKE.

Atoll, Oct 29, 2006 IP