1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

No Longer A "dofollow" Site

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Jul 2, 2011.

1. TheMissingLink007

TheMissingLink007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm interested to see the future process of the do follow to no follow because of yet still looks the same to me in the short time i've been here for spam and or crap post. The only good thing i can see with no follow forces some members too if they want do follow and go premium membership. Have you seen an increase in membership for premium since you imput this or it average signups?

TheMissingLink007, Jul 16, 2011 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Premium memberships are no measurable difference (I wouldn't expect it to change). As far as the nofollow stuff, it was not expected to be an instant solution to all spam/pointless posts... It's a long term thing, and really isn't going to do much in the short term.

digitalpoint, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  3. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmmmm... not sure what data I was looking at, but I went back to make a 1 month comparison graph for pre-Panda vs. post-Panda, and for just Google it was 2.32% more (which is a more relevant number since Panda only applies to Google)...

1.71% more search engine traffic (for all search engines), 2.32% more from Google. So yeah... looking at the comparison graph, you wouldn't be able to discern any noticeable difference for us before/after, other than normal natural growth. It's fairly safe to say Panda did nothing to this site (if anything, it probably moved us higher up in rankings since others were knocked out by Panda).

[​IMG]

digitalpoint, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  4. TheMissingLink007

TheMissingLink007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont know why people freak out over panda. Unless they have a site or blog that spam or copy and paste then they shouldnt have anything to worry about i wouldnt think.

TheMissingLink007, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  5. Googl

Googl Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been reading a lot about panda and other previous Google updates. It is not very often accurate. I have read where some of the major sites (with a much lower Alexa ranking) had literally gone from the search engine because of Google's changes, in fact there were some website owners especially from the EU because they were loosing money. Even Google admitted that the updates couldn't be accurate for all sites but did help tackle the "Content farm"/spam websites.

Googl, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  6. subdivisions

subdivisions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Source? Whenever I read about deindexed sites, it's always posted by some idiot with broken English.

subdivisions, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  7. thedreamer09

thedreamer09 Active Member

Best Answers:
    its pretty sad that you have made no follow links for the members other than premium. If you find any people who are suspicious then just disable their signature, because not all people are spamming the forum.

thedreamer09, Jul 17, 2011 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  8. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dofollow..nofollow, same old thing, fact is you guys are posting crap threads just to get a new link. If It was for me, I would go into a banning rampage rather then trying to "chill you guys out". I remember back in the days I could actually read some useful information's ... now I just see crap, and more crap..and even more crap. Actually I see so much crap that I don't even visit the regular forums to "read", given up on that because I know I won't find anything that does really make any sense.

Hope this is just the first step of clearing this forum and bringing it back!

Trapped, Jul 18, 2011 IP
    ApocalypseXL likes this.
  9. Mightee

Mightee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should be concerned about the CRAP security of your site in you signature "SEO Optimization"
    i just visited it and it says "it has been hacked by someone...."

Mightee, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  10. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I should be, thanks for letting me know (and again..crap happens from crap people..an upgrade will fix it)

Trapped, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  11. dragons5

dragons5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i just wanted to chime in and say thanks. the last thing we need on here is spammers and i'm sure the moderation staff gets tired of it.

dragons5, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  12. photoworldblog

photoworldblog Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is a good point... people are spamming the forum to increase post counts....

photoworldblog, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  13. dril

dril Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah! due to dozens of spammers, you punished thousands of genuine forum loving persons. Is it a chance that the signature would be do follow once again? If there is any possibility, please do it :(

dril, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  14. -Jake

-Jake Guest

Best Answers:
    No they're not, I mean they are followed I have a tool that highlights links that are not followed and members definitely get followed links. It's very misleading to say, "Nah... links in premium member posts are nofollow too. " to some one after they they quoted the word buy and kinda implied that its another way digital points is trying to make money of its users which primarily target SEO and SEO type stuff which generally use anchor text signature links. If you have the tool you can check it out for yourself on the link at the bottom of my post. but I'll probably get an infraction for this post because I called them on it.

Find Post Here Under UserName-Toplink: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=413544&page=2

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
    -Jake, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your example isn't valid... that post has no links in it. Either way, the only way a link in a post is "dofollow" is if it's a link to digitalpoint.com

Nofollowed automatically:
    http://www.cnn.com

Dofollow:
    http://tools.digitalpoint.com/

digitalpoint, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  16. -Jake

-Jake Guest

Best Answers:
    I was just messing with you and I meant in the signature link.

-Jake, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  17. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its been some time already, any numbers on spam quantity in the past month ?

EvcRo, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No... have not run any metrics for it. As I said, it's a long-term thing. I don't think 3 weeks is going to change a whole lot. Metrics after 3 years would be more interesting and useful.

digitalpoint, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  19. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well as far as i can see there has been a sudden drop in the number of new threads in the Signature Link forum . That shows that there is a ongoing effect .

ApocalypseXL, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  20. Rivmedia

Rivmedia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol, this thread is almost cringe worthy......did i say almost ? oh dear :rolleyes:

Great move for digitalpoint as a whole, Webmaster world is the wealth of knowledge and the goto forum for many professionals purely because of their no link policies, if DP can get rid of the broken English one liners which ad no value to anything then one day it might see the same respect.

If i thought for a second that my webmaster forum wouldn't die a death if i nofollowed sig's then i would do it in a shot but unfortunately it doesn't have the following that DP does...........yet :D

Rivmedia, Jul 31, 2011 IP