1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ask a website flipper/domain broker anything

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by blomstervand, Jul 19, 2011.

1. ameerulislam10

ameerulislam10 Peon

Best Answers:
    @ I would really be thankful if you could answer my previous question . How much do you value a random LLLL.com domains?

ameerulislam10, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  2. blomstervand

blomstervand Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, did not see that :) It will only happen in very rare cases. You will have to contact them by phone and go through a lot of things. You CANNOT reverse a domain TRANSFER, only internal domain pushs, as the domain name is still with same registrar.
    I would only suggest using moneybookers if you know where to find customers who uses it, or you have some domain names which are worth signing up for moneybookers to buy ;)

Regarding random LLLL.com domain names.. I can only value what I would pay myself, and that is of course a little lower than what I could sell for, but I would say somewhere mid $xx to high $xx. Sometimes they can be sold for low $xxx at ebay though, so make sure you check out the different marketplaces before selling :)

blomstervand, Jul 23, 2011 IP
    ameerulislam10 likes this.
  3. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Thank you for doing this. How much does the looks of the site affects its price ? Also, if it is done with Wordpress, will it get a better price ?

Blue Star Ent., Jul 23, 2011 IP
  4. baknet.computers

baknet.computers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have been into web-hosting business for a while now. I am planning to try to get into website and domain flipping too. Can you guide me what all would be required to get started. I mean in terms of the kind of effort required and the budget that I should keep in mind?

baknet.computers, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  5. ameerulislam10

ameerulislam10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, Do you think Random LLLL.com domains will be more valuable after year or 2? I mean will it be priced at $x,xxx ? I just won one jppv.com what do you think about it?

ameerulislam10, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  6. blomstervand

Best Answers:
    The look does definatley affects price. But that is mostly because you don't get a lot of quality traffic with a bad looking website, so the look of the site is important. Wordpress will sometimes increase the price for people you sell to, because it is easy for people to edit and administrate. So if you can explain your buyers that if they buy your website, with wordpress, then they would have a whole lot easier time managing their website, then you can of course increase price.

As I said earlier, if you want to resell websites, you are looking at a $100 budget in my opinion. However you can start with as low as $10 (for domain name) and develop your own to sell when finished. If you want to make good money, you will spend many hours each day. Make sales letters.. listings... ads... transfering and installing websites if needed.. pushing or transfering domain names.. keeping everything organized :) When you get used to it, you will of course spend a whole lot less time on flipping ;)

jppv.com could be great if you aged it yes, but then the question would be how much you have patience to wait, to earn a couple hundred dollars extra? If you want to do it like that, you will need several domain names.
    Usual domain names (not just 4 letters), can sell for $60-100 just if they are aged and not jibberish. Like "Yourfishingpoles.com" or "myquotes.com".. usual domain names.. Also, if they are not listed in google, that can increase price of them too..
    So you could make a business if you register maybe 100-200 domain names which are not indexed and then let them age for 4-5 years. They could all sell for $100 or somewhere around that, if not more. But again, it would require an investment, and there are risks like in any other business :)

blomstervand, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  7. ameerulislam10

ameerulislam10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see the creation date is 2003. Isn't that good enough? This is an interesting point you have mentioned. The age factor.

I didn't really understand this point. If it's not indexed/listed in google how can it be valuable? What is the point here?

ameerulislam10, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  8. blomstervand

Best Answers:
    Because some people need domain names without a brand, so they can brand it themselves. It is not important for everyone, but some wants to brand their own domain name :)
    And 2003 is very good, should be a good age for a 4 letter domain name :)

9. ameerulislam10

ameerulislam10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I found a great acronym for it JPPV (joint public private venture). I want to sell it in thousands lolz. Still new in the market and over excited. you know this is what happens with the newbies. lolz

ameerulislam10, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  10. blomstervand

Best Answers:
    Yearh :) Well, the domain is worth what the buyer will pay for it. If you can convince someone that it's worth thousands, then go for it! It is very possible :)

alldaylinks likes this.
  11. alldaylinks

alldaylinks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some nice tips there blomstervand, thanks! Rep added.

alldaylinks, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  12. blomstervand

Best Answers:
    No problem. I figured out that these kind of threads usually help people more than ebooks and such, at least it is in threads like these on this and other forums I learned a lot of my stuff I know today. And it takes only a few minutes every day for me :)

gcttirth likes this.
  13. cardozogary

cardozogary Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello there I came across this site Gozzel.com looks like its similar to flippa. I am thinking about starting one as well. Any thoughts what are the chances of success of such a venture?

cardozogary, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  14. blomstervand

Best Answers:
    If your budget is big enough I guess it is possible? There is already a lot of big players on the market.. But then again, myspace was a big player before facebook came, and facebook took everyone with storm.
    If you make your website marketplace unique, offer something which is not anywhere else, then you might succeed. However I have no experience in starting such websites, I only run my business from them ;)

blomstervand, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  15. elsmako

elsmako Peon

Best Answers:
    hi hopefully your still checking this thread but ill ask anyway
    if i have a domain name what is the best way to profit on it before i sell it in a few months (want to get the traffic up etc as they are brand new domains)
    i have the skills to set up basic websites and know how to advertise on it, but how do i get the traffic in?
    is it better to park with a big company, or set up my own basic site with a bit of info on the domain topic, links, forums etc...?

a few of my domains are:
    bankatm.com.au
    bankdebt.com.au
    budha.com.au
    paintdetailing.com
    chemicalfreecoffee.com
    editjpg.com
    ohmypussy.com
    iphuk.com
    thinwaistline.com

I have about 20 more at the moment but these are some of the best. If I was to set up a basic site on each with a bit of information, honestly how much do you think I could make monthly? And which advertiser would give me the best profits?

ive got the good domain names and a few basic templates ready in Dreamweaver but i still dont want to do anything without knowing what’s best, i need money as quick as possible so dont want to have to trial everything

any info would be great

cheers

elsmako, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  16. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    How much would a nice membership site go for ? It would have a popular CMS, growing membership and forum and a memorable domain name in a hot niche. It would be three to six months old. Would it fetch much ?

Blue Star Ent., Jul 27, 2011 IP
  17. blomstervand

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you setup niche sites, as domains with no traffic are worthless to park. Write some relevant articles and see if you can build links and drive SEO traffic.

Membership sites that are earning and have good traffic are worth a lot of forums like this. Depends on how much traffic/profit :)

blomstervand, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  18. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:

If a membership site is making $10 dollars a month with ( I am guessing here. ) 10,000 unique visitors a month, would it be more profitable to keep it or to sell it? I am asking because I can pump these out, but would like to keep a few for myself. :) Thanks for your time. I do appreciate your helping us out.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
    Blue Star Ent., Jul 28, 2011 IP
  19. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    Ha :) Happened to find someone here who is looking just for this service : LINK

Blue Star Ent., Jul 28, 2011 IP
  20. blomstervand

Best Answers:
    Well, to be honest with you $10 isn't very much, but 10,000 unique visitors is a lot. Depending on what the traffic sources are and the website is, I would value that at $80-200 depending on a lot of other things, licenses, hosting, country and so on :)

blomstervand, Jul 28, 2011 IP