1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Revenue generation from forums, especially paid subscriptions

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by arkueckelhan, Jul 20, 2011.

What are some good sources of income from an active forum (aside from banner ads, selling links, and general ads of that sort)? And what do you (or should you) offer as benefits for paid subscribers? I am running a video game forum and would like some good ideas of some service I could offer or at least a way to market a paid subscription.

All other revenue generating ideas are welcome.

arkueckelhan, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you have something to offer that our members would be willing to pay for? Would *you* pay to use your site (it's a good question to ask)?

digitalpoint, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  3. arkueckelhan

arkueckelhan Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is where I would like some ideas on something additional to offer for an additional monthly subscription. (if I wasn't clear earlier, the forum membership is obviously free).

I know that many forums that have paid subscriptions just have expanded inbox sizes, no ads, and some simple things like that. But I don't feel like that is enough to entice too many people to upgrade. So any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

arkueckelhan, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  4. BuzzHost

BuzzHost Peon

Best Answers:
    You actually answer your own question adding some unique features would do it the question is what features. Ok you mentioned it being a gaming forum PC? PS? Nintendo? what type of games? Online playing could open up a free pass to some upgrades some free downloads of PC games also would be good. A free PSN voucher maybe.
    If I knew more about what and why people are on your forum for I could not really give an exact idea the above are some areas to think about if it fits into the actual subject of the forum Video gaming forums have a very wide range to offer and your options can be just as wide

BuzzHost, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  5. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have a donation button where people can donate because they appreciate the community?

ninjashoes, Jul 29, 2011 IP