1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

100 ways to get a 10% CTR

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Chopster, Oct 28, 2006.

1. GFX^^

GFX^^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GFX^^, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  2. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice site. Only problem with one of those is the images above ads. Google doesn't allow this anymore (even with borders).

Chopster, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  3. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Google now even doesn't allow adlink aligned with other links as well.

Mong, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  4. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I heard there's a rumor going around that Goodle doesn't want publishers to post Adsense ads on their websites out of fear that visitor might actually click them. ;)

Chopster, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  5. ohadgliksman

ohadgliksman Peon

Best Answers:
    The best tip i ever got regarding adsense was... test several options and compare them. You neven know if it's good/bad/best unless you have some stats on it versus the alternatives

ohadgliksman, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  6. sjsjsj215

sjsjsj215 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    gr8 thread

sjsjsj215, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  7. darkbreed

darkbreed Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a simple text based menu on top, for example like here in this forum with "Forum jump" , "User CP", "Fun stuff", etc , put a horizontal link unit right below it, and it will look like a sub-menu. Generates a fair amount of extra clicks for me. Just make sure to blend the background color and text color in together with the "real" menu so they look like part of eachother. Im completely new to adsense, only been using it for 3 weeks. Generated me around 80 dollars so far, but I think that is pretty good considering the site I have didnt even exist more than 3 weeks itself, i basically created it for adsense.

darkbreed, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  8. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, completely new site, 3 weeks, and 80 dollars. That is pretty damn good. Can you post a link to your site?
    Thanks.

baumann93, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  9. darkbreed

darkbreed Peon

Best Answers:
    Chopster: Google doesnt allow images above the ads?? Since when? I had the google people review my site just 2 days ago to check that everything was in order and they said it was all fine.

Bauman93: its www.Dark-Truth.org

I am also trying to make a new one at the moment for my domain www.sexflow.net lol.

darkbreed, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  10. jabier

jabier Peon

Best Answers:
    darkbreed,

Thanks for the clarification. I myself still getting confused on this (Do Google behave on this issues websites differently, as I heard that many people got banned or warned because put images close to their Google Ads ??).

Anyway, I'll try my luck then.

jabier, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  11. heinlein99

heinlein99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't speak about images above horizontal ads, but images beside vertical ad blocks - if separated by a little line - are perfectly okay. I've been doing it for months.

heinlein99, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  12. Dravis

Dravis Peon

Best Answers:
    Believe it or not, my site gets 6-7 times as many clicks on my image only Adsense blocks than my text only Adsense blocks. I saw a tip on another site that suggested image only ads, I thought they were crazy but I gave it a try any way and sure enough it's worked out way beyond my expectations.

Dravis, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  13. darkbreed

darkbreed Peon

Best Answers:
    Update:

I emailed google again regarding the images placed next to ads. This time they said if I am to have images next to ads, I must seperate them by a line at least. Guess its best to do that then and not risk getting the account suspended.

Dravis: Intersting tip, I will try that out and see if I get similar effects :)

darkbreed, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  14. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Last time I checked there is no option to have images only.

There is the option to have images OR video's OR text-ads: whatever google provides and there is the option to have only text-ads.

kh7, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  15. Dravis

Dravis Peon

Best Answers:
    Under 'choose ad type' there's a drop down for 'ad unit'. In the drop down there are 3 types to choose from:
    • Text and image ads (default)
    • Text ads only
    • Image ads only
    If you choose image ads only, you could also get video ads depending on the size format you choose. I'm not sure if the 'image ads only' ad unit is new or not but it's there and working well for me. :)

Dravis, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  16. Chopster

Chopster Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, then I have been totally singled out.
    It really sucks hearing so many people say that all they had to do was put a thin line and Google says it's fine, when at the same time, the email coorespondence that I'm having with the Adsense Team is telling me that it's not ok for me to do it.

Apparently there was something about my websites (photoshop tutorial sites), that they didn't like how I was doing it, but I've seen it done on a ton of other photoshop tutorial sites before, so I'm really lost as to why I got singled out.

And it's not that the other PS Tutorial sites haven't been found by Google yet, because I listed about 25 sites as examples in my emails.

Oh well, I guess that's the way it goes. It's a challenge to figure out how to get the CTR back up with other ways and that challenge is part of the fun of Adsense.

Chopster, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  17. bizz_man

bizz_man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for some useful info, I will try some of these techniques.

bizz_man, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  18. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Use all the max number of ad units and link units you can add on a page. For a 3 column layout, you can try the following layout on this free flash greetings site.

2 long ads units in the left and right columns, and one 336/280 Adsense block in the middle of the page. You can use an even larger adsense block in the middle and also use a link unit in place of the nav. Move the content and other things towards the bottom of the page.

rosiee007, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  19. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just tried to access this page but got a 404 error :eek:

rosiee007, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  20. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    this site owner is looking for trouble as there is no visible border between the images and adsense ads and the images are way too close to the ads. ban is what comes to mind when i look at that site... :D

baumann93, Nov 8, 2006 IP