1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My account was disabled. How do I fight back?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by crizatu, Oct 27, 2006.

Hi,

Today I received an email from google to tell me my account was disabled. I have my account for 2 years now and never did anything o cheat google.

I had adsense on 4 websites. Lately I have been very busy starting an affiliate network so I didn't had time to even work on the websites I have adsense on.

I did however checked my stats every day but didn't noticed anything strange.

Right now I want to contact google because I think they did a mistake.

What should I tell them? I don't even know on what site they have noticed something wrong.

crizatu, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  2. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Email them after reading this ;)

Jarodboy, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  3. sebastya

sebastya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    decent publishers are banned everyday. that's google for you.

sebastya, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  4. DLGx

DLGx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, anyone can be next

DLGx, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  5. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    If I spend a lot of time building a website with adsense ads and one day the ban me.. all my work into the drain :(

tradeepak, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  6. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Email them is always the best way.
    What's the reason of the ban they told you?

Richie_Ni, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  7. crizatu

crizatu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have received the standard account disabled email. For "invalid clicks', nothing specific. I've sent them an email. I hope they will read it and consider my case.

crizatu, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  8. adv1

adv1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've also just been banned as I was about to receive my first ever paycheck. My site has been going for years and has had AdSense running for months without any problems, earning a little each day.

All of a sudden I'm accused of click fraud and have lost all my earnings and my AdSense account has been banned. I hadn't done anything wrong so I appealed and explained this very politely and sincerely, offering anything they might need to prove I didn't do it, but all I got was the standard reply which pretty much says give up, there's nothing you can do.

I've sent a reply e-mail again pleading my case but had no response and don't expect to get one. Being accused of something I didn't do is a very unpleasant feeling, especially when I will lose money I earned fairly.

I'm very disappointed in Google and how they treat publishers. It worries me to think of people who base a lot of their income on AdSense, when it could so suddenly and unfairly be taken away from them..

adv1, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  9. crizatu

crizatu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've got the reply telling my they won't reinstate my account:( It seems afther 2 years Adsense is over for me.

I had 2k earned in my account before they disabled it. I wish I knew what I did wrong.

crizatu, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  10. MarketTimes

MarketTimes Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know you did nothing wrong, then someone did something wrong with your website or pub-id.

It happens all the time.

HYIP forums are constantly attacked with click bombs, or inserted into AUtosurfs without the forum owner's knowledge.

There are mechanisms in place to help prevent this, you just have to take those measures.

Sorry to hear about your account.

MarketTimes, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  11. MarketTimes

MarketTimes Peon

Best Answers:
    Protect your Adsense ID and website with your life.
    If adsense is important to you, do not le anyone jeopardize it by being sabotaged.

If you are smart, you can find "other means" of obtaining an Adsense Id, dozens of people do it all the time.....

You just have to think of how to get one and realize that in the world of E-Commerce, you can't trust anyone..not even those who come to forums day in and day out and post....

In reality...you really don't know them....
    Always protect yourself!

12. timothy104

timothy104 Guest

Best Answers:
    your basically screwed

banned users are never allowed to have another account according to their TOS and the oddsof getting your account reinstated are very low

and Google doesn;t really care about us, so sometimes than ban people for no reason (I was), or maybee you were "click bombed"

timothy104, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  13. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is very easy to know the publisher adsense ID, right? Just copy the content to html editor, it will show in the source code.

To rely on adsense for living is not a good idea, I think. Treat it as pocket money!

xc06, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  14. MarketTimes

MarketTimes Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is very easy.

All you have to do is view the source of the page and it will show.

I'm going to email Google About a way to disable this feature. Because the adsense id is rather personal and very important.

15. Brian Kim

Brian Kim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought Google usually warns before hitting the ban button. Am I wrong?

Brian Kim, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  16. DLGx

DLGx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't know about usually...

I got a mail a few months ago warning about invalid clicks. I think I know on which site it happened on because there was a large spike there some week before the warning, but in general it's kinda hard to do anything about the warnings other than reply to the email. Google won't even disclose the URLs where the invalid clicks came from.

DLGx, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  17. adv1

adv1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had no warning at all. One morning I noticed no ads appearing on my site, so I tried to log in to AdSense but couldn't, then I got the e-mail telling me I was banned. I was shocked.

I had noticed a small spike in earnings over the weekend just before it happened.. maybe the spike was actually these invalid clicks but it had nothing to do with me. Perhaps if Google had said they'd noticed the spike and were concerned or going to discount these clicks I could understand, but instead they just banned my entire account immediately with no warning and losing me over 6 months of AdSense earnings.

I was waiting for my first paycheck so obviously I've only lost a little compared to other publishers here, but it was still a lot of money to me and the first time I would've made money from my site.

Maybe Google should make the point when you use AdSense that you have no protection against click fraud and risk losing your earnings unless you use protection tools (which they should provide)?

adv1, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  18. timothy104

timothy104 Guest

Best Answers:
    i got no warning, but sometimes people do get warning

timothy104, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  19. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sue them.

Can you win?

Peace,

Barti1987, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  20. DLGx

DLGx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since you agree to their terms of use when you sign up, which among other things say that they can disable your account whenever they want for any or no reason without telling you why (that's not a quote) I doubt it.

Then again, it's the United States, anything can work :p

DLGx, Oct 30, 2006 IP