1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which One is More Easy ASP.NET or PHP ?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by rnvr22, Jul 12, 2011.

Actually i work only on ASP.net, if you know both asp.net and php, tell me which one is more eazy.

rnvr22, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  2. StealthMogul

StealthMogul Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you already work in ASP.net then it is obviously be more easy for you because there is no learning curve.

Most new people just starting out with no formal programming background tend to go with the open source PHP instead of buying a bunch of software and books trying to tackle ASP.net.

StealthMogul, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  3. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Which is why PHP is easier. Anything.NET is going to be more expensive to use, take longer to learn, be less flexible and more subject to changing on you than any other language.

drhowarddrfine, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  4. oltranzista

oltranzista Peon

Best Answers:
    Just find a good tutorial on PHP, I recommend Lynda.com videos (random tutorials out on the net can cause you to create horrible code!).

ASP.NET has so many framework tools but in my experience the tools don't create applications that you can customize easily so I prefer to just hand code with PHP.

oltranzista, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  5. Warrichpk

Warrichpk Banned

Best Answers:
    HELLO
    PHP is easier than ASP.net if you compare both but ASP.net is interesting and it is advance than the PHP
    but if you know ASP then go for ASP.net because it has more scope and it good one.

Warrichpk, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  6. stevemack

stevemack Peon

Best Answers:
    ASP and PHP are both programming languages that are commonly used to create websites. Unlike the usual static html web pages, ASP and PHP websites are more dynamic and can allow users to interact and exchange information using the website's databases.

There are a lot of differences between ASP and PHP.

Cost - ASP programs need IIS installed on a Windows platform server, which is not free.
    PHP programs run on Linux, which is free. Even the connectivity of the database is expensive in the case of ASP as MS-SQL is a product of Microsoft that needs to be purchased. PHP generally uses MySQL, which is freely available.

Speed - If we compare the speed of ASP and PHP then PHP has an upper hand. PHP code runs faster than ASP. ASP is built on COM based architecture, which is an overhead for the server.

stevemack, Jul 20, 2011 IP
    ssmm987 likes this.
  7. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PHP is definitely easier to use, but ASP.Net is a choice for people who've had past experience with C languages. If you decide to follow my advice I can recommend you check some example PHP snippets at my blog where I try to help the community and other new programmers in issues we often bump into while coding the "Hypertext Preprocessor" language.

ColorWP.com, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  8. crowland

crowland Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am biased as I have maybe 15 minutes of experience with ASP.NET but PHP was very straight forward for me to learn.

crowland, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  9. masadaslam

masadaslam Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your background learning.
    For me php is hard to learn but really strong coding makes it more interesting as well.

masadaslam, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  10. swasa

swasa Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, PHP is very easy to learn & Scriptsdesk has the collections of php tutorials tips & programming books & resources.

swasa, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  11. cute-sherry

cute-sherry Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP and ASP.NET both are use for developing websites.ASP.NET need IIS installed on a Windows platform server but PHP is an open source language as compare to ASP.NET.If you want to learn about PHP and ASP.NET many sites which provide proper data like W3Schools........etc

cute-sherry, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  12. andrewterrol

andrewterrol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been working in both and I must say that for me, php is easier. asp.net is very complicated, but it is a little bit more advanced than php, but on php you can also do almost all the things you do on asp. net. So I think that php is far more easier than asp.net

andrewterrol, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  13. charles123krik

charles123krik Peon

Best Answers:
    All answer are positive to PHP. I am also software developer and work on asp.net technique. But I really want to learn PHP technique. Is PHP easier for me or nor?

charles123krik, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  14. amkeabhi123

amkeabhi123 Member

Best Answers:
    Every language is easy because depend upon your background strong then choose the programming languages.

amkeabhi123, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  15. borokiri :D

borokiri :D Peon

Best Answers:
    I think PHP is more easy,but the easiest language is boroki made bye javanane salahshure vatan :)

borokiri :D, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  16. borokiri :D

borokiri :D Peon

Best Answers:
    No no NO!
    the PT language is better !

borokiri :D, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  17. روح سگ ولگرد

روح سگ ولگرد Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh I hate.

I love only lesbians. are you? :x

روح سگ ولگرد, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  18. boroki

boroki Peon

Best Answers:
    i love armin gay

boroki, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  19. techntuts

techntuts Member

Best Answers:
    PHP is better than asp.net. Php is open sources and continuously being developed.

techntuts, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  20. ssmm987

ssmm987 Member

Best Answers:
    I must be honoust, and admitt that I've never used asp.net (Although I am a reasonable C# developer too). Still I think that php is more accessible. First of all because it's way more accessible (No investments needed), there is some awesome documentation (Php.net ftw), and there are loads and loads of tutorials on the internet.
    Second of all, php doesn't need 30 lines to define the program. Ones you know the php openingstag, and the echo function, you can write something. Everything you learn after that, can be used to extend the program. No trouble with namespaces, references etc. This is partly because php isn't a OOP based language. Still there is more than enough support for OOP when you continue to develop your skills.
    There is a reason that most websites use php instead of ASP.net

ssmm987, Aug 17, 2011 IP