1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Meta Keywords Tag

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by AsadMoeen, Jul 9, 2011.

Well, I see people have 2 opinions into this but I would like to see more of what people suggest here.

• Some people highly recommend the use of Keywords Meta Tag on your website's home-page and also the sub-article pages. They also recommend using the default Wordpress tags of the format domain.com/tag/keyword. The reason they give is that keywords give a higher ranking to the websites in SERPS and helps SE's to determine the keywords in focus.

• While there are some other people, probably more of them who recommend not to use the Meta Keywords Tag in your pages. Not sure about what would they say about the Wordpress Tag pages. Google Blog 2009 also exclaimed that Google does not use Meta Keywords tag towards ranking. The reason people provide towards not using meta keywords tag is Keyword stuffing which may cause your pages to rank lower than they actually do.

So having been said that, I would like to know more of people's opinion into this. Also, what do you guys say about Wordpress Tags, I see many top websites don't use it but some still use Meta keywords tag.

AsadMoeen, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  2. AsadMoeen

AsadMoeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    You never read my question, did you ?

Stop spamming your shit website here.

3. aileenwuornos

aileenwuornos Peon

Best Answers:
    Google never consider meta keywords so if you are targeting only google then please don't use meta tags but if you targetting yahoo and bing as well then you can use keyword tags.

aileenwuornos, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  4. AsadMoeen

AsadMoeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about Wordpress tags?

5. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Guest

Best Answers:
    Well i would go with the first option as i would recommend you that Keywords Meta Tag are to used on your website's home-page and also the sub-article pages

jacuzzi, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  6. AsadMoeen

AsadMoeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about Wordpress tags?

7. bvision

bvision Peon

Best Answers:
    I prove with my site when i put proper meta tags, it helps much in SERPs for my targeted keywords, I also build some backlinks...not only for google but also other general SE...so i still use meta tags..why not?as long as it is 'white hat'

bvision, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  8. SJshah

SJshah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, it is perfectly all right to use meta keywords tags as long as the tags match the content you are publishing on your page and you dont over-use them.

8-12 keywords which accurately describe the content on the web page is perfect - and will definitely help your search rankings.

Play fair and you will get results.

SJshah, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  9. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    hi,Google consider meta keywords.use meta keywords and description.

Irfi0009, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  10. QualityWebsiteServices

QualityWebsiteServices Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, you dont need the tag.

If your page is onpage optimized well and your keyword is in the Title, description, H1, h2 tag etc., the Keyword Tag is just worthless.

If Google has problems to identify your main keyword in this page, you could additionaly use the Keyword tag, of course :)

Thanks

QualityWebsiteServices, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  11. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    Although none of the major SE still use the Keyword meta or feel it's important, use it anyway. From a design standpoint, the string can be used to tell the team what and how to use the keywords. This is important six months from now when you forget what keyword phrases and order you were using.

catanich, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  12. Dynamicweb

Dynamicweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Google claimed that there was no SEO value to keyword meta tags like 3 years ago. There is also no intrinsic SEO value in meta descriptions either. However, descriptions provide "sales copy" so to speak for people who have seen your site (impressions in the SERPS) to click.

Dynamicweb, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  13. wondingcd

wondingcd Guest

Best Answers:
    google will your site title and description meta tag is displayed in search results

wondingcd, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  14. pokerhex

pokerhex Peon

Best Answers:
    i believe they are obsolete

pokerhex, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  15. alaykdenhaq

alaykdenhaq Peon

Best Answers:
    i have try to make tags in post, but now i know if that is bad. because that make our site to much duplicate content.

alaykdenhaq, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  16. zeuscool

zeuscool Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't use meta keyword tag, but do research on you page keywords, use them in context. Also good luck !

zeuscool, Jul 21, 2011 IP