1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me plz..

Discussion in 'Domains' started by saksare, Jul 9, 2011.

I am blogging on blogger right now. Many people have advised me to buy my own domain name for good traffic results and ranking. I am planning to buy a .com domain. will only buying the domain name work? or i should buy web hosting too.?

saksare, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  2. CheckMyRanks.com

CheckMyRanks.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    93.8% - 15
    You'll need web hosting if you buy a domain name. I would recommend Hostgator.com as they will help you set your website up.
    Or you could register your domain AND get hosting with one company, that way it will make it easier to setup/configure as I sense your very new to webhosting etc..

Some companies are enom.com, godaddy.com, namecheap.com, etc They all have a function that lets you install all of the popular blogging applications such as WordPress etc..

I hope that helps!

CheckMyRanks.com, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  3. adammarleymtts

adammarleymtts Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You can buy a web hosting site which has good domain name. And check the PR of the site.

adammarleymtts, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  4. saksare

saksare Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    but i want to ask is it necessary to buy web hosting too?

saksare, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  5. skaggmo

skaggmo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    If you keep your site on blogger.com you won't have to buy web hosting. You can buy a domain name and forward it to that site if you want to.

If you are really serious about blogging (plan on writing daily, keeping up with your subject, being informative and entertaining, etc.) I suggest buying a domain name and hosting. Cheapest isn't always the best choice. I use Godaddy. If you only have one domain you can get a hosting account for $3.99 a month (plus your domain name cost- around $11 a year).

Buying a domain name doesn't increase your traffic. But in the long run it will add to your credibility. The only way a domain name will help you quickly is if you buy an old name that already has hundreds of backlinks to it. But a brand new domain name has no rank (Alexa, Google PR, history, backlinks, etc).

There are some successful blogs on blogger.com.

skaggmo, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  6. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 4
    As Buyer:
    97.2% - 35
    There are two options.
    1. You just forward the .com domain to your current blogger account.
    2. You buy web hosting and setup your blog with the .com domain

I personally don't see much to gain from just buying a .com and forwarding it to your blogger account.

micksss, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  7. LomX

LomX Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    For good traffic results, its all depends on your unique content. well, u need a domain name just for branding and look good. For the long term, if your contents are good and unique and also lots of visitors or maybe a member or subscriber, u will need this domain name. why? first is GOOGLE PR, many people wants to buy link or ads from PR domain, second is Alexa Rank, this is also one thing that people like which i dont really know the use of it and go with the flow.

But, in my opinion, Just buy a domain name O.O, it cost u $6-10 a year ONLY. For the hosting, u can use your blogger account or maybe a wordpress account, but i prefer my own web host coz its easy to control your own host and the content inside the host which u cant get it on the blogger or wordpress .com account.

I can help you to setup all of this if you want to without taking a single buck.

LomX, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  8. moffey

moffey Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    moffey, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  9. globalprompt@gmail.com

globalprompt@gmail.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yeah of course you need hosting to host scripts, try flithost.com its free for 1st year :)

globalprompt@gmail.com, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  10. garren

garren Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi saksare,

now a lot web hosting company have free domain included in hosting package and 1 company i found it is exabytes.com that have several package, 1 package i found it that is xtudent package the price not very expensive i think that suitable to you. hope that helps.

garren, Jul 11, 2011 IP