1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

prices of links in my directory advice

Discussion in 'Directories' started by vaggos, Jul 3, 2011.

Hello,

I have almost new link directory pr1 but I want to spend more time and make it better raise pr. I wonder what is a nice price to charge for featured and regular links? Should I charge for lifetime or per year? Should I offer regular with reciprocal and free with no follow or too much spam?

Thanks

vaggos, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  2. arshid

arshid Peon

Best Answers:
    Bro Charging and Pricing for different listings mostly depends on the age,quality,content,and they say PR of the directory.
    I can suggest you to take some reasonable charges from featured links and make the regular free as your directory is new and PR1.
    Also as for as reciprocal and free no-follow are concerned i will suggest not putting them in your directory because reciprocal harms directory and free no-follow has no use for the visitor and submitor.

arshid, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    1. Reciprocal = bad. They look like link spam to SE's. Linking to related sites and or partners however does not.
    2. FREE = lots of spam. Directories that are completely free usually end up being spammed to no end. Charging a fee typically increases the likelihood of more quality links.
    3. Never charge for links. The who point behind a nominal fee is to accomplish item 2 above (increase quality of submissions) and to cover some basic costs which include hosting fees, your time or editors time.

Typically a "Featured Link" is something that you charge an recurring fee for, whether it be monthly, biannually or annually; your choice. Regular links are typically a "one time" fee again, to cover your time and other overhead.

So long as you remember a couple other things - you're not going to get rich off a directory and you're willing to actually put in the time to keep the directory update, fresh and current... then you'll be fine.

Mia, Jul 5, 2011 IP
    vaggos likes this.
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by almost new link directory pr1?

pipes, Jul 12, 2011 IP
    Mia likes this.
  5. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    The price of any link depends on the quality of the page, the content and the authority of the domain it is being placed. All these things have to be taken into account before you can ask for a decent price, and you would also have to work on increasing the PR of your site.

unknownpray, Aug 17, 2011 IP