1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SCAMMED out of $275 by Dangy - Please Read

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shekz, Jun 20, 2011.

I am posting this for all you fellow DPers to not do business with this crook Dangy. I have proof of all of this so mods please let me know if you want me to send evidence.

I contacted him in April for a small script on a website. He said it would be done within two weeks.

He has given me excuse time and time again, his hand was broken, he was in the hospital, he was arrested, the cops were after him, some of the most childish excuses I've ever heard.

It is now almost July and my website that was supposed to Launch on May 1st isn't even up thanks to him.

He is dodging all of my PM's and MSN's, it seems as though he has been dodging other people here too as he is asking for 1000 minimum investment for some new project.

Be aware - stay away from Dangy.

shekz, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  2. Dennis Chan

Dennis Chan Active Member

Best Answers:
    sucks man... is the $275 up front money? How much did he ask for the entire project?

Dennis Chan, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  3. crutchy

crutchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am worried the same has happened to me, back in April he said my site would be complete and here we are almost in July. Difference is, I've paid $625 out of a $1000 quote so far. I'm really concerned my site is never going to get completed.

crutchy, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  4. Dennis Chan

Dennis Chan Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can probably ask for snapshot of the progress right? See how things are going... Building a site is just like building a house, you should be able to see stuff come together especially at 60% paid.

Dennis Chan, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  5. BryanJz

BryanJz Peon

Best Answers:
    Who is this guy? A member of DP? That sucks. Good you've made the thread though to prevent others from falling into the same trap

BryanJz, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  6. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well you deserve this cuz you payed upfront

First rule NEVER pay upfront ...

w3bmaster, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  7. stardust.x7

stardust.x7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really sucks, you should not pay upfront to unknown peoples.

stardust.x7, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  8. shekz

shekz Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually pay upfront to assume the seller I'm not gonna bail on him. I've done business countless of times on DP with great people, this guy deserves to be banned. As you can see I'm not the only one hes shafted, but hes still posting here everyday.

Mods he needs to be banned.

shekz, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  9. BryanJz

BryanJz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm, as a tip for trades, paying a half first and the other half when its finished works well, or pay bit by bit or after as mentioned. But yea that sucks, maybe report him as well or something.

BryanJz, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  10. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for letting us know, DP is full of crooks unfortunately. 2 different people paid me with a stolen Paypal account...

Guisbar, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  11. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use a escrow service to protect your self, and deal with people with good post counts and trades.

ЄxDeus™, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  12. TheMostCreative

TheMostCreative Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why didn't you open a dispute while you could ?

TheMostCreative, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  13. Heartless 1.0

Heartless 1.0 Peon

Best Answers:
    That sucks mate. I hate scammers.

Heartless 1.0, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  14. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Why dont I find clients like you? I mean I only ask for 20-30% upfront, but most people act as if I'm asking too much!!
    You should never pay more than 20%-30% upfront, specially when hiring a coder.. I feel for you though, coders like him give bad name to all of us.

PS: How about leaving him a negetive feedback? Not everyone gonna see this thread, but everyone will check out his iTrader before sealing a deal with him...

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
    The Webby, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  15. crutchy

crutchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't know who Dangy is? Then visit his profile here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=223763

Let me tell you my story about dealings with Dangy I have had -- Be prepared, it's a long one:

I was hunting around for a web developer to design and code a website I wanted created. Everyone I was asking was quoting $2500, $4000, $7500. Then out of the blue, I get a quote for $1000. Do I jump at the chance? No... I'm not that stupid. I checked Dangy's previous work... All OK. I spoke to him about what he would do etc... All OK. So I went ahead and began the first stages - Design.

It was all going really well. We spent a week or so getting the design right and I was pretty happy with it. I paid him the first milestone in the $1000. He then began to create the designs for the site and then came the first incident of many to come. He asked for an advance -- Not a lot -- $75. He said it was to pay for the 'Gas' to collect his girlfriend and take her for dinner. I thought, you know what, he's been genuine so far and against my better judgement, I sent him the $75.

Another week went past and we had hit the first deadline for the completion of the site... What was completed??? The home page design... Sort of. Was I happy? Not really. But we continued to work on and he completed some more of the work, it was all bits and bobs but I paid him another lump sum...

Another week went past and the site still wasn't completed and another and another and another. So what were the reasons?

a) I have just been diagnosed with skin cancer
    b) I have just got out of jail
    c) My internet was down
    d) I had money problems with previous jobs I had to sort
    e) I have bills to pay so have other jobs to do first
    f) "Your job is on hold. I'm dealing with legal issues today"
    g) "Little frustrated. Might have to step away from the computer before I break something"

A fair few there. But I continued to fight through the sh*t and hoped that it would all work out. I had now paid $625 and suddenly GONE. Dangys was gone. Not replying to emails that I sent to 3 different emails addresses. Not replying on MSN EVEN when he was online. Not replying on Skype. Not replying on Yahoo. Not replying to visitor or personal messages here on DP.

One thing he said to me in an MSN conversation really says it all: "You should only be worried when the seller stops replying. Which I have not"

Well he has now. So now I have a reason to worry. I have requested a full refund from him... Fat chance of that happening though.

But the best that can come from all this is that NO ONE else is stupid enough to do business with Dangy/Twoey/Jonathan Matson

crutchy, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  16. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    br3adman, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  17. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How did you pay him? Try opening a dispute with your credit card company.

getjimmy, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  18. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    g36, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  19. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    g36, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  20. crutchy

crutchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I paid via Paypal and will be contacting them about what has happened.

crutchy, Jun 25, 2011 IP