1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Writers that work for $1 - $3 really writers?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by dan64, Jan 29, 2011.

1. tnbturbo

tnbturbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think most people prepared to write for less than $1 per 100 words are most likely to be very poor at content creation. That or they are using spinning software and working on numbers to make the profit.

tnbturbo, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  2. Directory-Empire

Directory-Empire Member

Best Answers:
    You know the old saying: you pay peanuts and you get monkeys.

Directory-Empire, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  3. bastian

bastian Peon

Best Answers:
    No. And all they do is make it harder for real writers to charge a decent rate.

bastian, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  4. SEOguide00

SEOguide00 Peon

Best Answers:
    True. It is just so hard to compete with very low rates. Most clients (looking to cut down on expenses) would go to the cheaper writers.

SEOguide00, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  5. riaviente

riaviente Member

Best Answers:
    I am a writer from the Philippines and I don't write for such inhumane rate. I would rather spend my time sweeping the floor than giving my service to anyone for free. Hell, $0.50 for an article of 500 words? I think what you're saying is incorrect.

riaviente, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  6. SEOguide00

SEOguide00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Writing is a difficult especially if you are writing for SEO purpose. You will have to be careful with your keyword density, you need to research on keyword relevance, and you have to write unique articles. $.50 per 500 words is totally a rip off to the writers. And I wonder if there are really writers who would go for this price?

SEOguide00, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  7. DanielleLynn

DanielleLynn Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I understand, the reason newbie business owners think they can get 'quality writing' for pennies is that when they post on job boards, people will bid at ridiculously low prices. Of course, all the purchaser ends up getting is spun articles, poorly written slop, or plagiarized articles for a couple bucks. Writing takes time. Good writing takes even more time.

If you're not willing to invest in good writing, then write it out yourself. Even if you're awful at writing, it's going to turn out better than anything you'll buy for a couple bucks.

DanielleLynn, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  8. jamzzz

jamzzz Peon

Best Answers:
    if you really would like to have the job done this cheap, you'd better ask for their portfolio or testimonials before actually placing the order....

jamzzz, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  9. Carla Easley

Carla Easley Peon

Best Answers:
    You can probably find articles that cheap but please believe you will be doing some serious editing to that article. I purchased a few articles on Fiverr. They were in English but did not make any sense at all. If you find a great writer who writes articles for $1-$3, please refer them to me . :)

Carla Easley, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  10. cholder

cholder Peon

Best Answers:
    There are good writers taking these low rates because they're desperate for money. Those same writers will move on as they practice their writing skills and are able to find better paying gigs. That's why the clients who pay low cannot keep the occasional good writer they do stumble across.

cholder, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  11. dcuthbert

dcuthbert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could not agree more. Personally I value my time at approx $25/hour, but with article writing there are very few webmasters who are willing to pay anywhere near that. Trying to get the message across that high quality is worth extra is very difficult.

I am working for much less while I try to build up a portfolio of my work, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that once I've got a lot of high quality work, I will be able to get away with charging higher rates....

dcuthbert, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  12. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think carrying on this discussion it worthless...

omarabid, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  13. Mastermind212

Mastermind212 Guest

Best Answers:
    specially guys from Philippines, Pakistan and Kenya are doing this cheap stuff ... you can check them all over on the odesk ... you will find some of them writing at $0.50 per 500 words ... so you can now only imagine about the quality of articles they would have been writing...

Mastermind212, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  14. arun8383

arun8383 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I need contant for my domain.So please mail detail in

arun8383, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  15. SiberForum

SiberForum Banned

Best Answers:
    In fact some writers who charge $15 may also have not talent of writing. Price matters very little.

SiberForum, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  16. dan64

dan64 Member

Best Answers:
    Expect no quality at all. Often you end up spending hours trying to edit them which is as good as writing your own. So these type of rates from writers are something you should never pursue.

dan64, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  17. cyberdenizen

cyberdenizen Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a freelance writer from the Philippines. I used to work for $2 an hour writing 350-word articles. I could write three of those articles in an hour, so my rate was actually 67 cents per article. Luckily, I got to know Tiffany Dow, a ghostwriter-turned-internet marketer, who told me that I could earn much more than that. Since then, I've had clients who willingly paid me as much as $10 for each 500-word article. English may be my second language, but my American clients have told me that my writing skills are at par with native speakers.

There are many good writers in my country. However, a lot of them don't know what their skills are worth.

cyberdenizen, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  18. payaldurga

payaldurga Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality writers do get work, there are clients who only need native English speakers and they pay well. other country people have started mastering the language and are competing with native speakers. Me as a writer feel u need an unique quality and creativity to excel.

payaldurga, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  19. Alex060985

Alex060985 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Case closed Batman!

Alex060985, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  20. crls-k

crls-k Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you there. :)

crls-k, Jul 18, 2011 IP