1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Get Listed In dmoz For my site

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by snyxius, May 31, 2011.

1. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Editors choose their own priorities. Bugging them is unlikely to gain you precedence.

..apart from the couple of hundred odd editors who can, and do, edit anywhere they choose :).

The actuality is that around 6500 editors work across over a million categories, some of which have several named editors and most of which have none. Don't forget that editors also have permissions in the children of their named categories.

Don't forget that DMOZ is a multi-lingual directory. Of the ~6500 editors, most work primarily in non-English language categories.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
    jimnoble, Jun 11, 2011 IP
    Mia likes this.
  2. tdbusiness

tdbusiness Member

Best Answers:
    actually, i submitted a site for over a year now, and nothing happen yet. To be listed may be take a few years

tdbusiness, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  3. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Really sucks that people like you complain about editors who volunteer and spend their spare time editing only to get criticized by people who complain but don't want to spend their spare time helping out and volunteering to be editors.

Anonymously, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It really sucks that people like you complain about the owners of the things you collect rather then spending your free time collecting.

Though, I don't really recall the person you are talking too say they didn't bother to try to become an editor... so who knows, your complaint could really be unfounded.

Luckily, I can complain, I tried to become an editor again, and they never bothered to reject me, which implies, my application is just sitting there in the queue still gathering dust while all these people on forums complaining about not having enough editors.

*shrug*

There could be some connection there.

Qryztufre, Jun 12, 2011 IP
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The easiest way to get listed is to buy a listing from DMOZ editors in freelance sites. How else DMOZ editors are going to make profit from their "volunteer" work?

gworld, Jun 12, 2011 IP
  6. Sgarena

Sgarena Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I run a girl games website with 6 million unique users each month, with almost 4 years of age and I would say it's among the top 20 most visited girl game sites in English. I haven't been listed in dmoz as of yet. So don't get your hopes up for a quick inclusion in the directory, just be patient like I am :)

Sgarena, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  7. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Eventually it will come- good things take time (Unfortunatly)

sambling, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  8. nguyenthanhphong

nguyenthanhphong Member

Best Answers:
    my blog is www.goctamhon.com
    may be DMOZ editors forget it :D

nguyenthanhphong, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  9. roilin

roilin Peon

Best Answers:
    why DMOZ.ORG should take so long time to check the submission?? half a year or 1year is a long time, agree?

roilin, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  10. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But can be many years. Volunteer to be an editor and help list some more sites quicker.

Anonymously, Jun 23, 2011 IP