1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Somebody help me to solve my problem.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rohnsmith, May 31, 2011.

I have a website and two urls active for the same home page. one is example.com and one is www.example.com. I was getting 2000 hits every day. Suddenly traffic decreases to 200. I have analyzed that Google search result was displaying my example.com domain. When traffic decreases i found that Google displaying www.example.com in search result. In cache version of both page have same analytics code. Is there any reason of traffic decreases and how can I solve this? Does Google adds the hit for both domain and displays it? OR My traffic is now going to www.example.com and that is the reason that I can't see the hits. I am tracking only example.com.

rohnsmith, May 31, 2011 IP
  2. Aurele

Aurele Member

Best Answers:
    You should always redirect your traffic from one to the other. Else you'll get penalty for duplicate content, as your website is accessible on both URL. Use an .htaccess redirection to do that (Google it).

Aurele, May 31, 2011 IP
  3. rohnsmith

rohnsmith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can I do 301 Redirection?

rohnsmith, May 31, 2011 IP
  4. jabx123

jabx123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya...... you can do 301 redirect.otherwise Google will assume the duplicate content.

jabx123, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  5. Anne86

Anne86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Use 301 Redirection it is permanent and it user friendly for Search Engine Also.

Anne86, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  6. serena85

serena85 Peon

Best Answers:
    So I think that you get the idea and give up on one url before you get banned by Google.

serena85, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  7. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with a 301 redirect, in theory at least. But it hasn't worked all that great for me. My site got restricted in terms of traffic and wasn't picking up backlinks properly. Once I removed it, my pages started to get indexed properly, backlinks came back etc. Also I have my default domain is Google Webmasters set as www. I don't know if this helps. But I haven't noticed any traffic coming in from the other URL. Webmasters is empty for the other site. I monitor them both.

Adnan959, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  8. rohnsmith

rohnsmith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you facing same problem like me? Have any different you fill in analytic traffic?

rohnsmith, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  9. indiarajasthan

indiarajasthan Peon

Best Answers:
    their is only one solution .Use 301 redirection to you site .

indiarajasthan, Jun 1, 2011 IP