1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

3 Critical Adsense Tips - From my own experience

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by chococat518, May 12, 2011.

Some of my friends asked me on how to improve and increase their Adsense profit.

Since there are so many tips that are available already online, I will be sharing some of my experiences.

Tip 1: Targeted Content

Larger your website is, it will get more difficult to narrow down people’s interest. In other word, it’s not all about your pageviews and visitor numbers.

If your site is currently delivering broad topics, you might want to re-think about narrowing down your content. This will also help to increase your CPM and other contextual value.

Tip 2: Ad Blending

We hear this a lot, but many times people don’t apply this important concept. You have to remember that Adsense is based on pay-per-click. Meaning, only reference will count for the revenue.

It makes sense for advertisers as well. Imagine yourself paying Google without any reference…

You will be amazed how many people are actually clicking on these ads. Almost every time.

Tip 3: Choosing Ads

It’s almost imperative for you to find out which ads work for the site. There is no definite answer for this one.

You have choose ads based on results, not on design. You can’t bet your assumption on feelings. Learn how to read numbers and evaluate them.

chococat518, May 12, 2011 IP
  2. historiasdemaria

historiasdemaria Member

Best Answers:
    It is all about test, trial and follow up with reports

historiasdemaria, May 12, 2011 IP
  3. BurnOut

BurnOut Banned

Best Answers:
    It's all about using brains !

BurnOut, May 12, 2011 IP
  4. chococat518

chococat518 Peon

Best Answers:
    All about numbers!!

5. Delirious84

Delirious84 Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with ad blending. If you can get an ad that looks like part of your site. Then visitors will click on it thinking it is.

Delirious84, May 12, 2011 IP
  6. chococat518

chococat518 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree. Here is a quick snapshot of what I have done.
    90% of the people click on these adsense links. Very effective.

[​IMG]

7. historiasdemaria

historiasdemaria Member

Best Answers:
    My site is delivering broad topics, how can I narrow it down?
    I mean what do I do with the rest of my content?
    I could take off some categories out of my menu, I talk about too many things.. maybe I coud take them off the home page?
    I cannot erase te other content.. I would get crawling errors everywhere..
    What do you think?

Thank you :)

historiasdemaria, May 13, 2011 IP
  8. gjivan

gjivan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think its good to narrow down the site's content you already have. If you still have big site covering various topics, try making every page keywords optimized ( you can research keywords by tools like market samurai for your site). Try to make your page like a micro niche site. Now a days, its heard that google doesn't count only in the basis of meta tags , title tags and description but still on page optimization is essential.
    What i know is keywords research and unique content optimizing and targeting the main keyword is the keypoint.

gjivan, May 13, 2011 IP
  9. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    #1 is very important because that will bring you the better paying ads. If Google cannot figure out what your site is, then it will start putting out random ads that are irrelevant.

blogaboutnothin, May 13, 2011 IP
  10. historiasdemaria

historiasdemaria Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, thank you for all this good advice.
    I've installed market samurai to better analyze this problem.
    Well, I will not narrow down my content I agree with you, but I can increase the content pages that are good for my site or that I want to promote.

I've got two main content categories beside others (in my spanish site):

1. Poetry and book writing
    2. Making money

Now I want to promote "Making money", so I'm working more now to this category by writing more articles and backlinking to it.

I do pages optimizing with keywords optimization tool for every article I write. If the category that I want to promote is the biggest one because there will be more articles written and more pages indexed, that will work. What do you think?

I realize now that I made a mistake by writing about so many different things but I can correct it now.

Anyone has an experience like this?
    Kind of remodeling content to stress only one topic?

:)

historiasdemaria, May 14, 2011 IP
  11. chococat518

chococat518 Peon

Best Answers:
    blogaaboutnothin, I agree with your advice. If Google can't figure out what your site is about, there is no point of using random ads.
    For instance, one of my sites is receiving $10 ~ $12 eCPM, and it is generating some pretty decent revenue every month.
    Everything is about using your targeted content.

chococat518, May 16, 2011 IP
  12. chococat518

chococat518 Peon

Best Answers:
    First, you can start off by analyzing your current visitors' behaviour. You should find out exactly where your members going. Many times, people tend to ignore traffic analysis while it is not very difficult to figure them out. Run some trials and errors, and remember, with less topics (categories), you will have a better eCPM and CTR. Unless you have the whole team member who could support all these topics.

chococat518, May 16, 2011 IP
  13. balkp814

balkp814 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips, very useful for anyone starting out with Adsense.

balkp814, May 16, 2011 IP
  14. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In those tips I don't see ways to increase traffic = FAIL!

JamesColin, May 16, 2011 IP
  15. historiasdemaria

historiasdemaria Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using Google Analytics to study this, and some other tools, here's what I'm getting in round numbers:

#1 Category: making money (44%)
    #2 Category: poetry writing (40%)

And the content in poetry is much bigger for now as I'm just starting to create more articles on making money, which mean that category #1 is much more attractive to users
    I just don't know how to apply a good strategy here.. as I don't want to delete the poetry content (what shall I do with it, another web site?), if I just feed more the #2 Category "making money" it will do it?

Thank you

historiasdemaria, May 17, 2011 IP
  16. Tobber

Tobber Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips guys. I just started working with adsense and noticed that i had a pretty bad niche site to work with because i always got mixed ads but gonna try on more niche targeted sites now.

Tobber, May 17, 2011 IP
  17. chococat518

chococat518 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

Let me try to answer to your questions.

Q1) And the content in poetry is much bigger for now as I'm just starting to create more articles on making money, which mean that category #1 is much more attractive to users
    I just don't know how to apply a good strategy here

A1) When I talked about narrowing down your topics (categories), it didn't mean to literally delete them. Your current poetry content, most likely, is already indexed by Google.
    Meaning, all pages are indexed. If you topics are very broad, you can narrow them down, without deleting, by grouping them with a similar topic.
    Step 1) Analyze and organize content
    Step 2) Change meta-tags and keyword that are related to your content
    Step 3) Make sure to change your URL (eg. /page1.php?=....) to unique URL (eg. /I-am-awesome)
    Step 4) Make sure to that all your content are linked properly to one another. Preferably related content.

Q2) what shall I do with it, another web site?), if I just feed more the #2 Category "making money" it will do it?
    A2) Well, there are couple of ways to approach this issue.
    It seems like you have two different topics here: 1) Poems; 2) Make Money. I'm not too sure how you would connect between making money and poetry.
    You need to first decide what you want to do with your site. Wishy-washy is always no good.

Here are two options for you.
    Option 1) Generating genuine followers to learn how to make money online
    If you are planning to build a genuine community, your poetry can be used as samples to show people on how to generate cash with poems. In that way, people can make better sense out of this.

Option 2) Use the site only for Google Adsense purposes (Vending Machine)
    If you are just planning to build a site for Google Adsense purposes, just make sure that Google understands what you're trying to do.

In conclusion, it's REALLY not all about Google Adsense or the SEO. There are a lot of hype about Adsense and SEO, but in my experience, these are only part of PROCESS. You will be amazed how many people are nearly making any money with high traffic SEO friendly websites. Stay focus and find out what you want to do with your site.

Cheers!! You're doing a great job!

chococat518, May 17, 2011 IP
  18. historiasdemaria

historiasdemaria Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you sir, this is really good counsel, I'm meditating on all this, tahnk you very much :)

historiasdemaria, May 17, 2011 IP
  19. chococat518

chococat518 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are welcome!

chococat518, May 17, 2011 IP
  20. dbonline

dbonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well targeted traffic can take some time to build, but when you achieve this you should experience some very positive earnings

dbonline, May 17, 2011 IP