1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OnPage SEO & Off Page SEO for beginners

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by shulink, May 9, 2011.

1. RamCity

RamCity Peon

Best Answers:
    Point 9. You should know that H1 to H6 tags are called HEADING, not HEADER. For your knowledge see here-> http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_hn.asp

HEADER is for the HEAD tags. Get some information from here-> http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_head.asp

About the rest, I wouldn't waste my time commenting on your missleading and poor ideas.

You should know the basics of website & HTML first, before speaking about expertise.

RamCity, May 10, 2011 IP
  2. thaiwebprint

thaiwebprint Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't really know where to put this question. And yes i am a NOOB.

But i am sure that google identifies the content of e-mails I am writing and then places advertisments accordingly when i surf the web.

So the question: Is there any importance to whether I put a link to my website in every e-mail i send? Or refer in other ways to my website in my e-mails? Would that have any effect on my SEO?

Hope this question is not stupid ;-)

thaiwebprint, May 10, 2011 IP
  3. RamCity

RamCity Peon

Best Answers:
    Why you think it is a stupid question? :)

You can put your website in your emails as Signature. That will help you to increase your visitor more or less. But it is not a part of SEO. You can say it is Email marketting.

RamCity, May 10, 2011 IP
  4. fernades

fernades Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent thread i have ever seen in this forum. Thanks for sharing.

fernades, May 10, 2011 IP
  5. The America News

The America News Peon

Best Answers:
    The America News, May 10, 2011 IP
  6. parveen1989.seo

parveen1989.seo Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing so usefull technique, i like it so much

parveen1989.seo, May 10, 2011 IP
  7. espsol

espsol Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand your poor ideas. SEO is not so simple that's anyone describe in just 15 steps.

espsol, May 11, 2011 IP
  8. Ilona Andrews

Ilona Andrews Peon

Best Answers:
    Really its a great post , thanks for this post .

Ilona Andrews, May 11, 2011 IP
  9. webtechnocratz

webtechnocratz Peon

Best Answers:
    It’s really a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

webtechnocratz, May 11, 2011 IP
  10. shulink

shulink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for correcting dude. However, a degree in computer science is not necessary in order to do SEO. Like I say, this is for beginners only, if you don't find anything helpful in this post, sorry to waste your time, but it did helped other people that's why they thanked me in the post. Just because I miss used a few technical word for html doesn't mean I don't know html. Come on, I learn html when I was in high school which was over 12 years ago, why should I remember all the technical terms as long as I'm able to use it? And for your information, I know html, php, java, asp.net, c# and a bunch of other programming languages and am able to build any website myself because indeed I am a computer science major who worked in a professional environment many years before quitting my job and work as a full time internet marketer.

Look at the following site (A blog dedicated to SEO) with a PR 4 and Alexa Rank of 4,976. And you know what? They use "Header" instead of "Heading" for H1. Are they wrong? So What? They still get tons of traffic and probably a lot from Google. Do you think they don't know html or don't know how to do SEO?
    http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/002429.html

P.S - This is a how to make money online forum, not a forum to learn on how to get a license in HTML. And for your information, no where in my original post did I mention that I'm an expert in any field.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
    shulink, May 11, 2011 IP
  11. newtab.org

newtab.org Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome! THanks for sharing!

newtab.org, May 11, 2011 IP
  12. avmood

avmood Guest

Best Answers:
    Good point, as long as you can drive traffic from Google and other search engines, that's all you need for SEO. Who cares what H1 are called Header or Heading or whatever.

avmood, May 11, 2011 IP
  13. wiseman.wiseman05

wiseman.wiseman05 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post...a good line for the newbies who're totally new to online marketing and eager to learn SEO.
    Anyways Thanks a lot for your sharing.

wiseman.wiseman05, May 11, 2011 IP
  14. iphonesupport

iphonesupport Peon

Best Answers:
    very informative post, thanks shulink for sharing with us

iphonesupport, May 11, 2011 IP
  15. phoenixjutom

phoenixjutom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks pro very much. This is useful tip about SEO. Hope you share more tips for members.

Thanks and best regards

phoenixjutom, May 11, 2011 IP
  16. taherul

taherul Peon

Best Answers:
    I am new and love your post.
    I can say I just know little but i think you post the most valuable fore me till now.
    Help every one with your knowledge..

taherul, May 11, 2011 IP
  17. shulink

shulink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Meta keywords are not that useful for Google anymore, but it is still useful for other search engines. I learn my SEO techniques from a book called SEO for dummies. There is a big differences between white hat and black hat SEO. When you put too many keywords of course the search engines going to think that's a spam and a spam site won't last long with Google. That's why keyword density is important, if it is too low, you hardly get any traffic from Google and if it is too high, Google may mark you as spam. I was getting low traffic from Google when I first started in online marketing (I didn't know anything about SEO back then), and I'm getting good traffic from Google after only putting the <h1> through out my site after I read that book, so how are you so sure that <h1> doesn't work anymore, do you work for Google or are you claiming that you know the Google Algorithm? If you are not, how can you be 100% sure these techniques no longer works? I had a new site which is only about 3 weeks old and I'm getting over 180 unique visitors from Google a day without any promotion except for 1 backlink from my main site and 10 unique articles. I didn't use any other seo techniques other than the ones I posted in this thread.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
    shulink, May 11, 2011 IP
  18. RamCity

RamCity Peon

Best Answers:
    Spammer. :mad:

RamCity, May 11, 2011 IP
  19. wierdo

wierdo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just wanted to point out that this statement amused me, and I don't just refer to the title of the book. If the book I found on Amazon is the same one that you read, it was copyrighted in 2004. Neither Facebook nor Twitter were in the game yet, and SEO changes quickly. Still, it does lay the concept.

With the panda update (probably even before that), these techniques for linkbuilding probably won't get you too far, although they can get your foot in the Google-door. The on-page part is a good start.

wierdo, May 11, 2011 IP
  20. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice summary of the main points of getting traffic to your site, press releases and article submissions require a little bit more time than the others, hence you get rewarded more

golfpro1, May 12, 2011 IP