1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much time DMOZ take get verify website his database?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by gagan.kr90, Apr 7, 2011.

1. DhrubaJyotiDeka

DhrubaJyotiDeka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In fact you have it already.

I have recieved 4 inrafactions from you already. Out of those, 3 were with strange messages. For example, one of your infraction report was with this message-> "You are a liar'. :)

DMOZ was faster till 2009. After 2009, most of the categories are not updated. So, now it will take long years.

DhrubaJyotiDeka, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  2. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean red reps or infractions? Find it difficult to know what you are talking about sometimes with wild accusations.

Anonymously, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  3. DhrubaJyotiDeka

Best Answers:
    Yes the red ones.

DhrubaJyotiDeka, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    that's rep and can be completely ignored. Infractions only come from mods, and trust me, no forum in their right mind would allow him to mod... he breaks too many rules and refuses to tell people who he is.

Qryztufre, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  5. DhrubaJyotiDeka

Best Answers:
    You have the point. He/She is violating forum rules by hiding identity.

I will follow what you just said. :)

DhrubaJyotiDeka, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  6. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Just for fun...can you show me which rule says that any poster here has to use their real name or give their real name? If that were a forum rule not many people would post here. But please do show me which rule you think I have broken.
    An apology would be nice.

Anonymously, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  7. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    I can't show you a specific rule that you broke... but I guess, you getting banned here was all by mistake and that you were innocent... right?

Qryztufre, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  8. DhrubaJyotiDeka

Best Answers:
    I myself using the real name. My real name is DHRUBA JYOTI DEKA, as my username.

Apology!! By whom?

DhrubaJyotiDeka, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  9. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Sadly, this thread is degenerating into personal comments. But if you want to use your r eal name , pl ease fe el fre e , but you said that I had broken some rules by not doing so. Please show me which rules I have broken and if none please apologise for your incorrect accusation.

Anonymously, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  10. DhrubaJyotiDeka

Best Answers:
    Why should I? You are acting like a King here. Apology! For what?

Kindly stop talking to me. I am fed up. And its enough.

I will ignore your messages from now on.

DhrubaJyotiDeka, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  11. dchangsingh

dchangsingh Peon

Best Answers:
    I submitted our website and it was accepted in less than 2 weeks. We followed the guidelines as closely as possible. Also, I submitted to a category which is pretty deep ( and of course relevant) so maybe that is why it was accepted quickly.

PS - How do I add signature to my posts like others have done?

dchangsingh, May 6, 2011 IP
  12. DhrubaJyotiDeka

Best Answers:
    What is your URL and when you did submit?

PS: Your own statement says against you. You said that you have followed DMOZ submission guidelines. Now you are asking about forum signature!! Why don't you follo0w this forum's guidelines as DMOZ?

DhrubaJyotiDeka, May 6, 2011 IP
  13. softprogrames

softprogrames Peon

Best Answers:
    it takes 4 to 6 weeks in average to get backlink

softprogrames, May 8, 2011 IP
  14. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    what kind of drugs are you on, and where do you get them? Are you willing to share them with the group?

Thousands of sites have been waiting YEARS, so you can take your average, stick it in your pipe and smoke it with whatever else you are on.

Qryztufre, May 8, 2011 IP
  15. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Different people may have different results. Choose a category suitable to your site but make sure that the category is updated at least once in the past 3 month. If you see a certain category not updated for sometime, the editor most probably would have been suspended. So your site won't reviewed until a new editor is accepted into that category.
    I know as I have been there before. Was assigned a new category which was unedited for some time is quite an experience. You need hours to re-organised the links, deleting error links, re categorized the content etc before you can even start reviewing the new submissions.

Another tips is that make sure that your site has the attractive factor, if I receive a site such as for instance howImakemoneyonline.blogspot.com and the content is full of crapness on how to make money online plastered with tons of ads on making money online then you can be safe to say it won't be accepted to the dir.
    Make sure your site has an irresistible content that editors can't afford to turn away excellent information from the directory.

Most of the sites submitted are only thinking about getting backlinks instead of using their site as a medium to spread information and the dir as another way to let people know about their site.

wptheme, May 8, 2011 IP
  16. softprogrames

softprogrames Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with you.

thanks

softprogrames, May 9, 2011 IP
  17. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    You are correct... some sites are never submitted. Some sites that are worthy of being listed and have been suggested, but never been added for years. Some sites have thousands of deeplinks but break soooo many rules it should make an editor blush, yet AOL itself thought to add it. However, whether or not a category has an editor is often a moot point. Also the last time a category was updated is a poor indicator. The category I used to edit it has had one site added in the last three years, that was loooong after I left, there is no editor shown, and it's been well over a year since then. Many other categories are in the same boat. To make things worse, now that the ODP is updated it's backend, its even more broken then it was before, and the dates are no longer working (and have not been working in months in some cases).
    Have you seen whats been listed in the past? Attractiveness is NOT an option they look at lol. And if ya look at Topix, neither is content...

Another mootpoint really, as most of those categories are ignored anyway... it's the deep cats that are still neglected, and most micro-niche website owners don't even know what the ODP is.

Qryztufre, May 9, 2011 IP
    wptheme likes this.
  18. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just re-logged into my account, I like the web 2.0 update, but the database updates a bit slow. Yes, I am not sure what the past editors were thinking about but you have to admit, during the early 2000s, most sites which was built on freehosts such as tripod, geocities and freewebs. As they no longer exist, the current editors have to spend a lot of time to clean it all up. So what is listed in the past does not represent the future. I am sure if the ODP approves more fresh editors, it can improve much more.

Well about attractiveness I never said an ugly site cannot be listed. If it has quality content then I am sure it will be listed. What I was pointing out they are pasting all jumble up content and plastering all the ads to the site making it very hard for the users.
    What do you mean about Topix?

wptheme, May 9, 2011 IP
  19. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Editors still say that ads & site quality make no difference, it's all about the content, so attractiveness is not a requirement... that's all I'm saying. And note, many of those geocities sites were more informative then Wiki, lol.

And as for topix, it has nearly 20k deep links (thats kinda a rule breaker) most of which are nothing more then syndicated content (another rule breaker) and most of those syndicated pages do not even give the full summery of the duplicated content (so it's not even helpful). Do a search for the domain, and you'll see why I mention around here as much as I do...

And as for why I mention them in this thread... when it was added, there were well over 20,000 listings and they were all added by a BOT rather then a human, so that's 20k links automatically listed when some of us need to wait for YEARS. Largest Human Edited Directory? HA... only with the help of bots!

Qryztufre, May 9, 2011 IP
  20. yadavsarvesh10

yadavsarvesh10 Member

Best Answers:
    Its can take few week or month to approvals........

yadavsarvesh10, May 11, 2011 IP