1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Writers that work for $1 - $3 really writers?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by dan64, Jan 29, 2011.

1. redzventures

redzventures Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but where does it end? When even those writers in India cannot survive on the rates? Truth be said, clients will know when they are getting value for money. Having said that, UK and US writers could write all day at those rates and have no possibility of achieving the UK or US minimum wage, let alone survive. Keep up the high quality people and do not accept peanut paying assignments and then not deliver. Accept what you are worth and do a sterling job.

redzventures, May 8, 2011 IP
  2. vishals

vishals Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also, you have to note that these 50 cents per article or even $2 an article writers are not your competitors. None of their articles can be read by anyone without cringing at all the mistakes in them. The minimum where you start to compete with anyone is at $3-$5 per 500 word article. But even at those rates, there are not many who can write perfect English. At the end of the day, even the good non-native writers will try to earn at the level of any western writer.

I got sidetracked, but my point is that you do not compete with the ultra-cheap writing. They make up a completely different market - of the webmasters who get articles written for google.

Even so, I too have been disappointed in this forum. Today I offered an Ezine article for $3.75, and no one took the offer! Damn. My usual rate is $6 for that, and I have many clients at that rate. Just that, today I was free so I thought of making a special-offer thread. Overall, this forum is very competitive on price. $1 per 100 words is the standard here.

vishals, May 8, 2011 IP
  3. seobass

seobass Peon

Best Answers:
    definitely it`s a low price for a good writer . Quality content is the king . So better hire good writers rather looking for cheap writers

seobass, May 8, 2011 IP
  4. Lincherry

Lincherry Peon

Best Answers:
    But if you have limited budget...for first steps it can be advisible...

Lincherry, May 9, 2011 IP
  5. Lincherry

Lincherry Peon

Best Answers:
    Certainly, if you have quality basic

Lincherry, May 9, 2011 IP
  6. Superbu

Superbu Member

Best Answers:
    Everybody needs more money these days, and less and less people are ready to pay more for what they could get for less. As long as the article is readable and the keyword density is fine, it will work for most them. And the others, who understand what a quality article really is, well, these guys are not too many. It's sad indeed.

Superbu, May 9, 2011 IP
  7. rorymullen

rorymullen Member

Best Answers:
    check
    just checking

rorymullen, May 9, 2011 IP
  8. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I don't think you're a true writer unless you work for free and hang out in coffee shops saying profound things and no one ever appreciates you until you die then they make a Wikipedia page about you and everyone downloads your book for free from the public domain and talks about how you were an inspiration to all.

lol. :)

Rebecca, May 9, 2011 IP
  9. rock.php

rock.php Member

Best Answers:
    Off course there are good writers and bad writers, just because someone went of spinning articles doesn't mean everyone does that. I know alot of dedicated writers that work hard for 3$ articles.

rock.php, May 9, 2011 IP
  10. jszop

jszop Peon

Best Answers:
    $1 - $3 is all some people can afford. I have found plenty of clients who value higher quality work and will pay for it.

jszop, May 9, 2011 IP
  11. came2earn

came2earn Peon

Best Answers:
    Well yeah .. they are just newbies who want to learn So dont underestimate them :p

came2earn, May 9, 2011 IP
  12. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now that's just mean :).

Come to think of it though, I have much higher respect for writers doing their craft for the heck of it, rather than for writers working for pennies.

Nonetheless they are all "true" writers. The quality might take a dive, but if there's a market for it then who am I to judge?

What I have a bone to pick with is the addition of the "professional" part. When you're consigned to the very bottom with little hope of upward mobility, you're effectively dooming your career. Professionalism is not only about quality, it's also about smart career management. Picking the lowest hanging fruit is just bad business.

Regards,
    George

geegel, May 12, 2011 IP
  13. Bigblogacademy

Bigblogacademy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Low or cheap rates doesn't necessarily means low quality. I am from India and I charge somewhere between $1.5 to $2.5 per 100 words. Now you may think that cheap rates can produce only cheap quality but check it out from another point of view. In India, though many writers are claiming $5 or more for the same word count, still 90% of writers are working on cheap rate because $1= INR 43...

This is what help Indians to work on such cheap rates. And I have even seen that a college going guy can easily makes 15K to 18K bucks every month with such cheap rates.

This is the only difference why several countries outsource their projects to India for quality works at cheap price.

Bigblogacademy, May 15, 2011 IP
  14. bnathan

bnathan Peon

Best Answers:
    $1 per 100 words is the absolute minimum for good quality articles that go on blogs. BUT there's a big market for cheaper articles that just fill junk sites - hey people are buying, so why stop them, the sites get delisted in a week, then they buy more articles - more business for everyone...

bnathan, May 15, 2011 IP
  15. cigol_101

cigol_101 Peon

Best Answers:
    well to be honest in some of these countries people can earn as little as $2 a day, people in good jobs earn $10 - 15 a day so you can surmise that someone searching the net for article and merging and re-writing manually could work at a rate of one per hour at least once at 500 words once they get going and at $1.50 per article they earned $18 which is a great wage. Yeah outsourcing abroad is a problem is they don't have good grammar or English skills however I know people with a christian western education in india who know English better than most people in britian, people like that would be perfect and keep costs low

cigol_101, May 24, 2011 IP
  16. SEOguide00

SEOguide00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Professional and seasoned writers will usually require more than $3, around $15 per article is what you should expect to pay for good writers. However, if you will be outsourcing writing from third world countries, you can get a good writer around this price range. It just happens that $3 is already a good amount for them.

SEOguide00, May 24, 2011 IP
  17. SEO Content Demon

SEO Content Demon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    In fact, what the main problem is the introduction of intermediaries. It's my personal experience as I belong to India; lots of intermediaries are working here and offering such a low price. Now i am an established writer but still there are many more as well like me. Clients should not prefer choosing those ones who are not writers actually but just the contractors.

SEO Content Demon, May 24, 2011 IP
  18. warteg

warteg Active Member

Best Answers:
    OMG Where I can find this Happy Writer? I am so interested in.

As web owner I prefer to lower price. If I had good article bought $5... so $50 will be for 10 articles ... how much I get paid for sell my PR3 blogroll? $15 a year? Oh man ...

warteg, May 24, 2011 IP
  19. Catherine86

Catherine86 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Uniqueness in style depends on the creativity of the writer. It should be good enough to bring to the public, the services and products of the corresponding websites.

Catherine86, May 25, 2011 IP
  20. enam

enam Peon

Best Answers:
    do you wanna write for me?

enam, May 26, 2011 IP