1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can general "me too" sites can be success?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Sxperm, Oct 22, 2006.

Hi, I just curious about many websites that have only general things, no innovatives to offer, just do "me too" and no different only contents can be success? In my opinion, new websites that bring some unique, different and hit mass on people mind can be a big success but general sites with no different cannot, what do you thinks? Is it neccessary that big success must come with big idea?

Sxperm

Sxperm, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  2. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on how they are marketed

dnk, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  3. topaffiliateprogram

topaffiliateprogram Peon

Best Answers:
    most of the sites are general , its hard to find sites that are offering something different .

topaffiliateprogram, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  4. WillB

WillB Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can do it better, faster, or cheaper then you can compete. That goes for products and services, or advertising and marketing.

Copycats can work, but only if they improve on the original.

WillB, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  5. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with WillB.

Except, you don't even have to do it better or faster. If you market it right, you can still make plenty of cash. In the past I was in a niche that allowed me to do that exact thing.

PayItForward, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  6. sbongo

sbongo Peon

Best Answers:
    "me too" sites can generate a decent income with good marketing but there is a limit.

sbongo, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  7. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too sites with little uniqueness can be great and bring in good income...if you have a unique idea to put to something already existent it's great. but then it might be the crappiest idea in the world but if marketed right, it'll sure be a hit

AnaB, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  8. robotic

robotic Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree.
    It will probably make some profit it marketed correctly, but not a huge amount. That amount of profit depends on the saturation of the niche and how well its marketed.

robotic, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  9. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    What about the zillions myspace sites, ringtone sites? There are a LOT of them making good money and some of them started only as "me toos"...good marketing can make a me too site even better than original ones..

AnaB, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  10. fatinfo guy

fatinfo guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too sites always work. Just do it better than the other guy. There's not a lot of originality on the web. Even YouTube is not original except they did it much better than those that came before them. Let's not even mention broadcast.com

fatinfo guy, Oct 22, 2006 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  11. flavian

flavian Peon

Best Answers:
    big success comes with small ideas

flavian, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  12. dito199

dito199 Peon

Best Answers:
    Majority of innovations fall under the "me-too" categories and it doesnt restrict to web-only: Just look at Computers (dual cores, quad cores), Cellphones (integration with mp3, video, camera), Autombiles (hybrid, electric, eestor), Planes ... they all still perform the same function as others except they can do it faster, smarter, and more efficiently.

At the end of the day, the scale of payout will be in direct proportion to the amount effort and investment you are willing to put in.

dito199, Oct 23, 2006 IP