1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Virtual private server

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by abi12, May 3, 2011.

If you are an online business owner like me and follow the contents of this forum regularly then you must have an idea about secured web hosting platforms. Needless to say, the complexities of the Internet is increasing with time and running an online business is not as simple as it used to be earlier. As a business owner you need to pick the most suitable web hosting solution. From my experience I would say that choosing a web hosting service provider that offers a robust Virtual Private server app is the best decision you can take.

abi12, May 3, 2011 IP
  2. pradimani

pradimani Active Member

Best Answers:
    so what are you trying to say ?

pradimani, May 3, 2011 IP
  3. aassociatehit

aassociatehit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    not just robost VPS, I think you must need a host who can provide you excellent support as well for that

aassociatehit, May 3, 2011 IP
  4. WebIntellects - Rob

WebIntellects - Rob Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I can agree that customers' safety should be the main goal for hosting provider to keep its clients satisfied.

WebIntellects - Rob, May 4, 2011 IP
  5. JohnDale

JohnDale Peon

Best Answers:
    VPS accounts are insulated from each other, minimizing the risk of unauthorized access from hackers as well as other customers. The isolation of your account also minimizes the risk of being impacted by a DoS attack that was intended for someone else.

JohnDale, May 4, 2011 IP
  6. SecureVPN

SecureVPN Member

Best Answers:
    Having a vps doesn't mean you are better protected against hackers nor dos/ddos attacks. You still need to be able to secure the vps as best as you can or have someone do it for you.

If you don't know how to manage your own server, then hiring a sysadmin is your best bet or go with a managed hosting provider.

SecureVPN, May 5, 2011 IP
  7. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In fact, you're normally LESS protected, since they don't come secured "out of the box".

WSWD, May 5, 2011 IP
  8. SecureVPN

SecureVPN Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. :)

SecureVPN, May 5, 2011 IP