1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phpld must mods

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Nokia999, Oct 22, 2006.

Please tell me must mods for phpld 2 ver ?

Nokia999, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  2. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hrmm How about an upgrade and to 3.0 instead?

God knows with the likes of aviva and alive around, submitting paid featured links and paid regular listings, every single phpld directory out there that has been made has acquired enough finances to do so!

an0n, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you require any mods to be installed if you are using the latest download from their site, unless you want something special like description limit, and similar stuff. Most mods have been integrated in the script itself.
    You can find a list of available mods on their forum in mods section where you can choose anything special you like.
    Bye :)

JEET, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  4. Nokia999

Nokia999 Guest

Best Answers:
    annon ..
    what is extra benefit of 3 buying when 2 is already free?
    any critical problem ? (plz reply i will consider 3 also)

jeet ..
    i want to find a mod that should make some changes to phpld

1- when submitting link it should accept two details one shorter detail and another longer detail.

2- shorter detail should be used to display on links page and longer details should be displayed to individual page of every link. I want visitor should not get direct link to website on links page, it should be given on next page where longer detail would be displayed and live link should be presented.

your help is appreciated.

5. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/articlescript/features.php to compare features. The page hasn't been updated in a few, but there is also subscriptions in 3.06 as well.

for:

1. there is are meta descriptions in phpld 3.06. you can add a few lines of code and have it something like this: Detail Pages

2. is very easy to accomplish. All you need to do is truncate the description on the links description which is located in the link.tpl file. Off the top of my head, it will go something like {$link.DESCRIPTION|truncate:75:"..."}

which will allow only 75 characters of the description to show, and after which you will get a ...

e.g.

All SEO Friendly Resource - DirectoryDump.com
    DirectoryDump.com Is a human edited and maintained SEO Friendly Web Direct...
    http://www.directorydump.com

you can do it to virtually anywhere you want. description, title etc etc
    for example of the title see:

http://www.directorydump.com/computers/software/
    see the title listing? I have truncated it to 100 characters.

but if you go here and look at it on the 'latest link' i have not truncated it, and you see the full title
    http://www.directorydump.com/latest-links.html

I hope this helps answer some questions, and that anyone can find it useful. :)

regards,
    Rob

an0n, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  6. Nokia999

Nokia999 Guest

Best Answers:
  7. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    no, your links will be
    http://www.directorydump.com/detail/link-123.html
    Which are still SEO friendly.

That is my own MOD that I made that I install for people :p
    Everyone that has donated for it, is very happy with it.
    http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6779

also the :
    Category: SEO Friendly Web Directory Home » Computers » Software

is also my own MOD as well. you will get a direct link back to the category though.

Understand that I do the most extreme of the things with my directories. These are all MODs that I sell though.
    If you mouseover those title URLs in my directory, you get some goodness too :D

Rob

an0n, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  8. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Rob.

I don't know if phpLD utilises this function or not, so what I say next may be redundant. However, I noticed on your Directory Dump directory that the Title tag and meta tags are weak... Let me explain.

On this page: http://www.directorydump.com/business-and-industry/business-law/

The Title is: SEO Friendly Web Directory - Business & Industry > Business Law

The Metas are:

meta name="keywords" content="add url, submit homepage, web index, submit links, payed directory, inclusion, SEO friendly, family safe, spam free, featured listings, regular links, reciprocal urls,"

meta name="description" content="SEO Friendly directory which is human-edited, to maintain the highest level of integrity for family safe, spam free indexed resources available for search. Directory Dump offers Featured listings, Regular submissions and Recipocal inclusions." btw reciprocal is missing the second r there

Now wouldn't it rock if instead of using the directory title "SEO Friendly Web Directory" and the breadcrumb "Business & Industry > Business Law" which Google seems to hate (supplemental index anyone?), we used a Unique Title for each category. I'm using a script that has the functionality to do that right now.

Ditto for the metas. Instead of using the broad metas you have at the moment, you could tailor them for each category page of the directory, thus improving the directories worth to the search engine.

I'm just thinking out loud, maybe phpLD already does that. I just noticed on your directory that it doesn't :)

silencer, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  9. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Dan,

phpLD actually does possess the ability to customize meta data on a individual basis :). It also has the ability to auto generate them for you, based on what you already have.

Now the thing is with dump, there are about 5500 categories in total. I could nly dream of having the time to be able to write each and everyone individually and uniquely, but time just doesn't ever seem to be on my side.

I think I will learn from this post though, and try to get out maybe 5-10 a day. I know in the long run it would always be for the best. ;)
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Rob

an0n, Oct 22, 2006 IP