1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 Social Bookmarking Questions

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by theultimatepublishing, Oct 21, 2006.

What kind tags are highly searched? Those with single word or multiple words?

When I want to bookmark with multiple words, should I use "-" or "+" between the words. (eg. internet-marketing, internet+marketing)

Thank you!

theultimatepublishing, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  2. rdv817

rdv817 Peon

Best Answers:
    The results that I have seen are that single word tags work better, or get searched for more. I still submit a combination of single and multi word phrases though.

To make a tag I use the "+" sign. It varies with each social bookmarking site that you are using though, some want you to put multi word phrases in quotes and others simply tell you to use the "+" sign when submitting multi word phrases.

Hope this answers your questions.

rdv817, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  3. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    for your multiple words, you just need to read in the Social Bookmarking site when you are tagging, usually, it's written.

Some site will accept multiple words with this format too: "internet marketing"

Franck S, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  4. duzins

duzins Peon

Best Answers:
    I also use two words with no spaces, ie socialbookmarking

Many younger bookmarkers (under 30) bookmark in this way. I have written two blogs on social networking/bookmarking for blog networks, so I have a little insight here. :)

duzins, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  5. theultimatepublishing

theultimatepublishing Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you everyone for sharing! Very useful tips indeed.

Why not put up the URL of your 2 blogs here to share your info with us?

theultimatepublishing, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  6. duzins

duzins Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, I have written for social-networkingweblog.com (creative weblogging) and I now write for Socialriots.com (KMM network). I also have a blog at sleepyblogger.com that's mainly for social media, but I cover social networking alot (it's how I got the network gigs).

Sorry I didn't want to self-promote earlier so I didn't list them. I'm still a padawan at digital point so I just realized I could read all the posts I am commenting on in my control panel or I'd have done this sooner. Sorry.

duzins, Oct 29, 2006 IP