1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is bounce rate ?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by ezoneweb, Apr 29, 2011.

i saw bounce rate in google analytic, can anybody tell me what is the benefit of bounce rank ? should it lower or higher ? is it important ?

ezoneweb, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  2. Miroslav Chodak

Miroslav Chodak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors who enter your site and leave it, without viewing any other pages.

Whether it should be higher or lower depends on the purpose of your pages. If you want your visitors to click on an ad or affiliate link, your ideal bounce rate is 100% (all visitors leave your page without viewing anything else). If you want your visitors to buy your product, sign up for a newsletter, etc., where they are required to proceed to the next page (shopping cart, newsletter signup form, etc.), your ideal bounce rate will be 0%.

Miroslav Chodak, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  3. ezoneweb

ezoneweb Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks mate for your help. now i understand very well. thanks a lot again

ezoneweb, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  4. ibee

ibee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Excellent explanation by Miroslav, thanks for the information. Google consider the bounce rate to rank the pages for that particular keywords or phrases

ibee, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  5. Quasha

Quasha Member

Best Answers:
    I want to add some more. Bounce rate is the parameter which shows your effectiveness or performance of an entry page of your site. It is actually depends on the number of page views. And it is actually need higher if you want your visitors to view your site;s more entire page. You can figure out your site;s performane ultimately. So, it is necessary.

Quasha, Apr 29, 2011 IP
  6. iidesu

iidesu Peon

Best Answers:
    thx for u explanation,M

iidesu, May 2, 2011 IP
  7. aguswgs

aguswgs Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce rates depends on the traffic sources the page stickiness w.r.t to users. Also if your site has textual info with cluttered lay out then it might increase bounce rates. Direct and SEO source has the lowest bounce rate while Adwords SEM has the highest bounce rate even if your landing pages are well designed. Referral source bounce rates can be high to higher (depending on relevancy of partner sites)

Ideally bounce rates for SEO should not be more than 20% to 25% (provided you are targeting relevant core keywords)

Anything that goes beyond 35% is not good and alarming signal TO RECONSIDER usability factors in the site. So if you increase your Adwords budget for a particular month then bounce rates of the site for that month would increase.

aguswgs, May 2, 2011 IP
  8. Miroslav Chodak

Miroslav Chodak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good point, aguswgs! I don't know about the percentages, but Google actually uses bounce rate as a ranking factor. The logic is: if people like the page, they will stay; if they don't, they will click the "Back" button.

Also, Google Search's definition of bounce rate is slightly different from the one I gave above. It's: the percentage of people who return to the search results ("leave the site, without viewing other pages" is broader than "return to the search results").

Miroslav Chodak, May 3, 2011 IP
  9. hurlinghamclinic

hurlinghamclinic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi... In how many time Google analytics counted as bounce rate?

hurlinghamclinic, May 3, 2011 IP
  10. aguswgs

aguswgs Peon

Best Answers:
    The way that Google Analytics calculates average time on site is by subtracting the timestamps between the first and the last pageview of a visit. If a visitor to your site bounced, they by definition only had one pageview. Therefore it is impossible to calculate an average time on site for visitors that bounced because they did not have a second pageview. There is no way for Google Analytics to know exactly when a visitor left the site since no information is sent back to GA when the visitor closes their browser or navigates to a different site.

In the case a of a bounce, GA assigns a time on site of 0 seconds and then averages that in with the time on site for all other visitors that did not bounce to calculate an average time on the site.

aguswgs, May 3, 2011 IP
  11. Daavejoe

Daavejoe Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate be less as it tells you as how many people visit your site and just move out of it without viewing the other pages.

Daavejoe, May 3, 2011 IP
  12. Health Designs

Health Designs Peon

Best Answers:
    visitor come on your site and how much time he was visiting the site , also visits differ web page of your site, 40% or Less bounce rate is good for your website.

Health Designs, May 5, 2011 IP
  13. Liam Ireland

Liam Ireland Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate just tells you the percentage of your visitors who are just pressing the "back" button straight away without going into any other pages.

Liam Ireland, May 5, 2011 IP
  14. ladyfashion

ladyfashion Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bounce Rate can be simply defined as the percentage of website visitors that leave the website directly from the page they enter without clicking through to any other page of the website. some of the factors that can be identified as possible causes of high bounce rate: Web Design and Usability, Website Navigation, Technical Issues, Improper External Link and so on.

ladyfashion, May 5, 2011 IP
  15. ladyfashion

ladyfashion Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think CPC become too expensive in our industry....

ladyfashion, May 5, 2011 IP
  16. TheMissingLink007

TheMissingLink007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bounce Rate is simple just as it sounds how much time a user aka person spends time looking on your site.

TheMissingLink007, May 5, 2011 IP
  17. itsroy2008

itsroy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Meroslav,
    Tough I was also aware about Bounce rate but you have really explained it in a short, simple and the best manner.

itsroy2008, May 5, 2011 IP
  18. alphshuffel

alphshuffel Peon

Best Answers:
    That is great. I know a thing in 10 minutes which I was unable to understand completely from long time. One more thing I want to Ask that how did you select the ideal 20-25% rate. Is it defined by Google?
    70% of my website traffic came through Organic way. My website have about 55%-65% bounce rate. What is the its impact regarding SEO?

alphshuffel, May 6, 2011 IP
  19. bradjohnson

bradjohnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for Discussion on this Theme.

bradjohnson, May 6, 2011 IP
  20. ianspencer

ianspencer Member

Best Answers:
    bounce rate is the percentage of visitor who enter in your website and leave your website in minimum time.

ianspencer, May 8, 2011 IP