1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to submit my blog on dmoz ?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by KashyapJoshi, Jan 21, 2011.

Hello Friends,
    Please Tell Me How To Submit My Blog On dmoz.org ?
    I Created A Blog http://weblinksworld.com
    And I Don't Know That This Domain Is Already Used By Someone In 2 Or 3 Years Ago.
    So I Am Using A Deleted Domain.
    But Now This Domain Is Active On My Blog.
    Because I Bought This Domain For My Blog.
    So Please Tell Me How To Submit My Blog On Dmoz.
    Please Help Me.
    Thanks In Advance.

KashyapJoshi, Jan 21, 2011 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Find the most relevant category, click the "suggest url" link, fill in the blanks.

Close the window, forget about it!

Seriously forget about it.... it can sit in the unreviewed queue for YEARS.

However, before you submit, make sure you have plenty of [original] content. Getting an established blog listed is MUCH easier then getting a brand new one in.

Alternatively, forget about it right now! Many categories are run by editors that do not bother with the suggestions at all, and there are a couple that treat the suggestions as a black list. There are many editors that have access to every category, and if your site is truly worthy, they will find it regardless of whether you submit or not...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    Qryztufre, Jan 21, 2011 IP
    GeeOne likes this.
  3. Pin Chung

Pin Chung Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm still confuse about editor.

Pin Chung, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  4. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Q basically says, find the correct category and the offer the site, but it can wait for either a few days up to perhaps a few years for a review by a volunteer editor, choosing to edit in that area and using the suggestions pool. Where, Q, is as naughty as ever and tries to confuse you is by saying that you can stand as much chance of an editor finding your site from the millions on the web or by using the facility DMOZ offers for both webmasters and any member of the public to suggest the site. It might wait but work out the odds yourself.

Moral of the story......Submit (but only ONCE) and the forget. If you don't quite get the category right, don't worry an editor will move it, just causes more delay sometimes.

Remember we are not a listing service for webmasters and we have no interest in if a site gets any value by our listing it. We seek to build categories of data for those who wish to search the web using categorised data and editors do it as their hobby.

Anonymously, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Best Answers:

Editors are NOT required to use the queue.
    Some editors do NOT use the queue.
    Some editors use the queue for sites to NOT list.

In those cases, NOT submitting does pretty much have the same rate of getting in as NOT suggesting, especially that last one.

Further more, are you saying that the ONLY sites listed are those submitted? By many accounts many are added daily that were never submitted. Are you saying that those sites would have been listed faster had they been submitted, even though there is thread after thread after thread here about people waiting years?

I have submitted several of my sites, and several of my sites have never been submitted. Half from each group are listed. The odds in my experience are pretty much even.

I'm not trying to confuse anyone.

Qryztufre, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  6. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No editor will use suggestions to black listable sites, editors may choose not to use suggestions to build categories. In some categories using suggestions is extremely unproductive because they are usually full of spam. Editors list sites from other sources, but you suggested that it might be more productive not to suggest. If an editor chooses not to use the suggestions and lists from other sources they may well find sites that are already in suggestions, that's a double chance. No you are trying to confuse people by telling them they may have a better chance or even the same chance of being listed without suggesting. If someone suggests a site then they may be selected from that if they are not found because the editor does not use suggestions then they may be found also. But if they do not suggest there is no chance of being found if the editor chooses to only clear the suggestion pool. As I said earlier to the op, do the maths.

Anonymously, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  7. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    You do not know that. Unless of course you are speaking on behalf of the ODP itself...

A double chance? Explain further... if an editor does NOT review the unreviewed queue and finds a site that has been suggested outside of that queue, it's exactly the same chance, as he would have never ever bothered to look in the queue.

You are correct, there has never been and never will be a site within the ODP that was added outside of the suggestion pool... now who is being misleading?

Oh yeah, heh... it's you!

Oh, yeah, here we go... let me use one of your replies to answer yourself.

Every category has hundreds of editors.

Either it's crap when you say it, or it's crap right here.... and if its crap right here, it's crap when you say it.

Again, who is misleading people? I have given the same answer as you have given time & time & time again.

Oh yeah... heh, it's you!

Qryztufre, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  8. RamCity

RamCity Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh my god. Every category has hundreds of Editors! Still the categories are not getting updated?

Qryztufre, it seems you have been DMOZ editor someday. Thanks for revealing such informative issue. It helped me to take my attention out of DMOZ.

Thanks again.

RamCity, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  9. yadavsarvesh10

yadavsarvesh10 Member

Best Answers:
    fist select to category then submitted its..............

yadavsarvesh10, May 11, 2011 IP