1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google forces us to lay off 2 employees

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Seobiznezz, Oct 20, 2006.

1. mipa jim

mipa jim Peon

Best Answers:
    I have suspected for some time now, that the big G* destroys listing periodically, simply to have big budgets devoted towards using adwords waiting for things to return to normal. The strategy certainly has worked well.

I keep waiting for the AG of New York to file a suit for the ability to drive the market with such factors.

Maybe time will tell.

mipa jim, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  2. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    Apparently they were not as "talented" as you thought, because regardless of Google's changes, you can always manipulate the results to your favor. Maybe they do not have the knowledge or skills needed to adapt to this fast paced market.

I guarantee you some of the guys here could have adapted and compensated for Google's changes and kept your business from losing any money. Online businesses have to do it every day because of changes in algorithms and competition.

I can tell you for a fact that you are not the only one affected by the recent changes but I can also tell you for a fact that there are people out there that can compensate for those changes adequetly enough so that you wouldn't have even noticed in the first place.

There are some SEO/Marketing tricks that are treasured secrets to the people who know about them. The kind of secrets that you would never see mentioned on a public forum. There are tricks that can deliver results that would blow your mind. You probably thought your SEO guys were amazing, because their knowledge compared to your limited knowledge was impressive but think about this, compare their knowledge to the BEST OF THE BEST.

All of my blabbing aside, they didn't do their job good enough to keep their own jobs. Just making sure you don't put those talented employees too high on a pedestal.

PayItForward, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I nominate this for whinery moron post of the decade.

Blogmaster, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  4. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is pretty funny. I write in total satire...but some people are just too serious.

tonyrocks, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The funny thing is that no one ever sayd "Thank you, Google for all the free traffic and enabling me to do a lot because of the business you bring my way!"

Blogmaster, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  6. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    and "Thanks for spending my PPC money on that darned 747"

hehe

7. Seobiznezz

Seobiznezz Peon

Best Answers:
    To the person that gave me a "little red square" in my reputation. Why would you do something like that?

This is a business forum and I reported exactly what this forum is about and that is BUSINESS.

What is wrong with that? You may or may not like what I have to say but at least I do it with honesty and no regrets. Isn't this what this forum is for? Have I done something to offend anyone?

No...I reported the news just like any public company would on trends and statistics that effects the daily operations of a company.

I actually love Google, they have given me a very very good lifestyle.

I am simply making a business comment and people are to take what they want from it and ignore it or learn from it.

Isn't that why we are all here?

Seobiznezz, Oct 20, 2006 IP
    iowadawg likes this.
  8. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow... you got reded for this post? That is insane. I don't think I agree with it.

9. loopy62

loopy62 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's why you don't put your eggs in one basket.

loopy62, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  10. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This is one of those situations where you stop whining about Google and start spending that time trying to figure out where you screwed up.

Google is a tool. If you can use it to help your business, great. But no business can be based entirely on one marketing method. Sounds like you either never bothered doing proper market research or writing up a marketing plan, or if you did it wasn't a terribly well thought out one, or perhaps you just didn't properly evaluate the risk when you got into that line of work. No matter what the issue is, it's up to you to fix it; not Google. And luckily, no matter what mistake was made, you should have at least learned from it, and now you can fix it so you're not at the mercy of someone else like that again in the future.

Good luck with that. :)

jhmattern, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  11. Seobiznezz

Seobiznezz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, I sure did. So much for being able to express your own opinion. I thought the only people that got the reds where people who were trolls, insulted others, used bad language or made outragous comments that had nothing to do with what we are all here for and that is to learn from each other.

This is what the person wrote: "get lost , man, we don't need your kind in here ... or in the world for that matter"

You would be safe to assume that by using the word "man" in a poorly structured and fragmented sentence that the person is probably young.

Whatever though. LOL

Seobiznezz, Oct 20, 2006 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  12. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did say that.

login, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  13. alarik

alarik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Let`s keep in mind something here,ok???? WE MADE GOOGLE !.Why do you think google is keeping us alive when actually we`re keeping google alive....Google,as any other 'BOSS' should respect the work done by others,because I`m sure some people are working their asses out just to earn some $ from google while they are something lik e 'happy happy,joy joy'.:)

alarik, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  14. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That certainly was a little bit rude. Not worth stressing over though. Just make some quality posts, help people out, and you'll get more than enough green to make up for it. :)

jhmattern, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  15. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    If your employees were talented, your sites wouldn't have crushed this bad.

brandnewx, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  16. meganerd

meganerd Peon

Best Answers:
    That's why I don't depend on Google or any search engine. When I get a good listing in a search engine, that's just an extra bonus. They should be treated this way.

meganerd, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  17. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    Its not Google's fault, you must have done something to force them initiate the action.

IT

Correctus, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  18. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "Yes, we have tried PPC but lost money as the conversions did not pay for the click fraud."

Just because it did not convert well for you, it does not mean it was because of click fraud.

qwestcommunications, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  19. Seobiznezz

Seobiznezz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for giving me a Green review. I had no idea it was the Fryman that gave me the red.

Anyways....in summary for this post, I am actually excited because our company has been given a PR 7 with many many PR 6 pages.

I hope that Google does a major update with that as a factor soon.

Seobiznezz, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  20. clipster

clipster Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, playing internet commerce to live or die by google is a tough game.

If you had watched the red flags over the last 3 or 4 years and how google likes to delist/wipe out entire monthly earnings fortunes, you would've seen this long before it happened to you.

I'm not laughing at you - just concerned that you have been blind to historical results of your competitions successes and failures via google, and blinded by the adsense revenue for so long.

In a google world, sh*t happens. And to you, when you least expect it.

That said, imagine if your company was banned for a violation of tos that you didn't know about. The world would look entirely different to you then.

clipster, Oct 23, 2006 IP