1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A blog made by pleasure and for money

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mirodenia, Apr 12, 2011.

Hi,

I am new on the internet business. I have a dream of writing a blog, people say I have the skills and the talent to do this. Can you tell me what kind of a blog, what subjects will attract traffic and money to my blog? I know for sure USA and Canada are more traffic generators but I wonder what topics would be the best or what kind of blog...
    I want to write and also to make money with my blog. If you can help with an advice, please, thanks.

Mirodenia, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  2. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    in my previous thread i discussed about "AUTO" keyword. Try to make website on auto world.

jhardy2008, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  3. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have talent in writing, figure out a specific topic that you want to write about, then go from there.

blogaboutnothin, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  4. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Write in or about subjects that you know and are pasionate about ...

w3bmaster, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  5. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, thanks for your help. I asked this question because I needed some statistics of the best blogs. If I write about butterflies the audience will be small and no money involved. I understood what you meant, to rephrase my question: WHAT are the topics best sold over the internet?

Mirodenia, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  6. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the usual high traffic keywords like make money online do attract lots of searches per month. But for me you could me an adult blog because sex always sells.

cool_78, Apr 16, 2011 IP
    China_girl likes this.
  7. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm..blog about the topic you know..or want to know...
    think about the subject, you can write 100s of hundered article.

c4cyber, Apr 16, 2011 IP
  8. friendlyIMer8

friendlyIMer8 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I would agree with those who have said to pick a topic you have experience/expertise and/or passion for. As for your ability to make money from it, it is a matter of how you attack it in most cases. You want to strive to write original quality content that satisfies a need for people. I would suggest that once you know what you are interested in writing about, that you use Google's Keyword Tool and look up which keywords people online are searching for. This will give you an indication of whether or not there is alot of interest in the topic. I would suggest that you don't jump into a broad topic where you have alot of competition like making money online. You have a greater chance of getting traffic from the search engines then.

So let's start with your example of butterflies. Go to the Google Keyword Tool I mentioned and enter the word butterflies. Now, "butterflies" is a broad topic. Let's say that you see that there are a good number of people searching for a particular type of butterfly, for example, monarch butterflies, and that there is not a huge amount of competition in that topic. That might be the topic for you, assuming that you like and know enough about monarchs to make that work. So, in general, you want to drill down your topic so that you are focusing on a sub-topic within a broad topic. This cuts down on the competition and gives you a better chance of ranking on page 1 of Google and getting lots of traffic from them.

I would also say that one way to come up with potential topics, if you aren't sure, would be to write down a list of topics in which you are either very interested (even if you had to research to write about it) or have any expertise/experience. Then, using Google and the Keyword Tool, see how many blogs there are on your topic (lots or a little competition?) and which ones seem to get enough searches to make the blog a good money-making idea. After doing this, you will start to narrow down your list. Next, you want to see how you might be able to monetize each topic (are there affiliate products in that sub-topic, etc you can promote). You will find these on places like PayDotCom, Commission Junction and ClickBank, to name a few. A blog that discusses topics that help people solve a problem or that cater to people who are passionate about a topic are really good ones to blog about.

I would also suggest you could search online for blogs that are in the potential sub-topic you want to blog about and see what they are doing to monetize their sites, how they are getting readers to interact with them, etc. I am NOT saying to copy anyone. In fact, see what others are doing and then think about how you can add your own twist, perspective or approach. You want to make your goal to provide quality and to do whatever you do better &/or differently than anyone else.

I could actually go on for quite awhile on this topic (LOL), but I don't want to overwhelm you here. I hope I haven't ;) If you have any questions, post them, and I will do my best to answer them.

Best of luck to you:)

friendlyIMer8, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  9. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh... I am amazed, thank you! You are such a nice person, all that you said is valuable and true. I copied your text in my notes and I will follow exactly all your steps.
    My first guest to my new born blog YOU will be. You know... the God Father. Where are the emoticons when I need them? We can exchange e mails on pm, what do you think? Promise I won't bother, only to send you my blog address.
    THANKS, keep on writing, I enjoy and for sure many other.
    Where are the bloody emoticons? I don't have any.

Mirodenia, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  10. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    haha...wow! u r quite humble person mirodenia. Post your blog's url at this thread. I guess, many people would like to know about it.
    Good luck

c4cyber, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  11. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will post it here as soon as I'll start. Until then is the hard work of finding that unique topic to be passioned about. I understood that without passion is no use, no results, no nothing. Passion blog... hahhahaha.

12. east

east Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all good luck, but I just want that my opinion is that the difference between owning a blog and really making money with a blog ($,$$$+) is like the difference between flying with a comercial plane, and owning a jet plane.

Especially now that are millions of blogs . But if you want also to write and also to make money you need many skills not only writing skills . But if you will read this forum also some other categories from it like: SEO, LINK SALES....in time you will see how the real money are made from blogs.

Be consistent in what you are doing and for sure you are on the right path.

east, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  13. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    :)
    Well, I do have some consistency problems, I get bored very quickly, that is why I must take into serious consideration the advice regarding the passion of what I write about.
    Of course I take lessons of making money online. I start today the book of John Chow.
    It is well written and happy me I continue to follow, usually the technical books are difficult to read for a woman like me...:p
    Have a nice day to everybody!

Mirodenia

14. theAdviserMe

theAdviserMe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Competition for traffic is getting fierce every minute on the net. Sadly blogging never worked for me...though i am not closing my doors to it. Go to Spyfu.com to find keywords which advertisers are paying for good money.

theAdviserMe, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  15. nmsptyltd

nmsptyltd Guest

Best Answers:
    Selecting a topic you are most interested to will give you the edge in writing. This way you can express all of your thoughts regarding that topic in the most creative way you can. They say that in writing, you let others hear your thoughts. So why not write a blog with a topic which you know you have so much to tell/share.

nmsptyltd, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  16. friendlyIMer8

friendlyIMer8 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi:)

Sure, feel free to PM me anytime. I will answer as soon as possible. I really hope your blog goes well. I am glad if anything I said was helpful to you:)

friendlyIMer8, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  17. SEOQuake_Team

SEOQuake_Team Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to orientate excatly on statistics of theme popularity, make a request, search with suitable seervices popularity of requests in blogosphere. For example, here is the statistics in semrush for request "blog".

07.jpg

SEOQuake_Team, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  18. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hahaha, if you get bored very quickly, then why dont you start a topic on boredom :D lol !!!!
    Its only you who would know what you can write for and would never get bored. Remember blogging is just like a new task in your daily life schedule and you cannot get away from it, once started ;)

China_girl, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  19. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, why don't you start a blog based on your likes/passions? Nobody can write about that except for you - and then you keep writing, see how far it takes you - why should we give you our blog ideas? Any site can make money - you just need to learn how to market/drive traffic/ad placement.
    :cool:

ForgottenCreature, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  20. cheesee

cheesee Peon

Best Answers:
    Write in topics that interest you, so you will enjoy posting new content on a regular basis.

cheesee, Apr 21, 2011 IP