1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Survive A Google Algorithm Change

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by ContentVisionz, Apr 11, 2011.

Google has updated their algorithms and it has some seo firms scurrying. Sites hardest hit were referred to as link farms and content farms. These sites do nothing but cultivate links for adsense affiliates or for Seo purposes (directories), or deliver backlinks irrespective of the quality of the article published. But, the Google shuffle is not just about content and link farms. I think Google like the rest of us is getting sick of low quality sites popping up high in the results of web searches. You've seen them - adsense sites that do nothing but try to get you to click through. Funny thing is, Google created this monster! Now they are trying to deal with it. Ultimately the search engines have to compete to deliver quality content to the visitor. In general, most local business SEO strategies need to focus and re-emplasize the local listings and reassess their organic search strategy. Google's new algorithm targets low quality websites. It seems that Google defines a low quality website like this:

- The website does not have enough content to be useful (shallow content).

- The website has poorly written content.

- The content of the website has been copied from other sites.

- The content of the website is not useful.

With Google's latest update, it is not enough to have unique content on a website. It also doesn't help if there are many unique words on your web pages. The content has to be useful to your website visitors.

Even high quality pages can be affected. The low quality content on part of a website can impact the rankings of the entire website: "It's important for webmasters to know that low quality content on part of a site can impact a site's ranking as a whole. For this reason, if you believe you've been impacted by this change you should evaluate all the content on your site and do your best to improve the overall quality of the pages on your domain.

Removing low quality pages or moving them to a different domain could help your rankings for the higher quality content."

Things that you can do to make sure that Google does not penalize your siteThere are several things that you can do to make sure that Google does not penalize your site

- Strengthen the poor quality pages on your website. Ask yourself: is the page useful to my website visitors? If not, improve the content of the page to make it more useful.

- It is very likely that the overall user experience is important. Check the usability and the design of your web pages. Your web pages should be easy to navigate and they should have a professional design.

- Check the ads/content ratio on your web pages. If a web page mainly consists of ads then it is likely that Google considers it low quality.

- Don't try to cheat Google with shady search engine optimization methods. Focus on optimization methods that are beneficial to webmasters, website visitors and Google. Search engine optimization is not about getting high rankingsfor every possible keyword. It is about getting high rankings for the right keywords and about meeting the expectations of the website visitors.

If you have high rankings for the right keywords, your website will deliver many new customers to your business. If you give Google what they want, your website will get high rankings and more sales.

ContentVisionz, Apr 11, 2011 IP
    Cybria likes this.
  2. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing such a valuable information. We really need to take into account all these points.

pradiprg, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  3. razorrazor

razorrazor Member

Best Answers:
    Valuable info for sure, just mine tip - make good websites for people not bots.

razorrazor, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  4. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    yEAH I AGREE WITH YOU MATE....

5. kevinpit7

kevinpit7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Update your self with technology, read what they have been change, on which factors they are concentrate more so you can follow up their guidelines.

kevinpit7, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  6. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it will ensure us to work upon the current trends....:)

7. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    the best way is to write original unique grammatically correct content. Such stuff never goes out of style, no matter what the algo.

contentboss, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  8. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah thats true contentboss

9. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, that's correct, contentVisionz

PS, have you noticed that replying to every response on your threads with a 'yeah' or 'i agree' tends to kill the thread stone dead, Fred?

contentboss, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  10. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    Not really like what you think mate, it depends whether we accept the fact or not.... So when you give positive factual comments i have to admit that right... I can't be offensive can i....:) So it would never doom the thread no worries...;)

ContentVisionz, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  11. welkin

welkin Active Member

Best Answers:
    In fact, if everybody follows this advice, it will again lead to the next "monster", don't you think so?

welkin, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  12. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    However there will be more rapid changes to come... The changes happens always for the best...:0

ContentVisionz, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  13. pidefenders

pidefenders Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is still number 1 and change is constant. We have to adapt to whatever changes there might be. We have to keep learning and develop new strategies to improve PR and bring high traffic to our sites.

pidefenders, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  14. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:

That's very true friend...

ContentVisionz, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  15. narnia123

narnia123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes,I agree with above all friends,we should add fresh and unique content and have to face the change.

narnia123, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  16. Dotcom B

Dotcom B Peon

Best Answers:
    In addition to the information you have provided I would like to add that the number of words for any webpage should be 300 words now, yahoo and bing has always been loving that 300+ words and now it seems after Panda update google is liking it too.

regards

Dotcom B, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  17. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes i totally agree with you mate...;)

ContentVisionz, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  18. Thales

Thales Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a small clarification.
    Google, as usual, has not issued any guidelines whatsoever on their new algorithm updates. However, tests by independent webmasters and SEO-oil salesmen reveals that pages with less than 300 words performs significantly lower than those above that magic threshold. This is for Google alone. I am unaware of such restrictions for Bing though.

That said, Bing gives a lot of bonus for domain names in its ranking algorithm, something that I can personally vouch for. I purchased an expired domain bearing the name of a long dead English monarch recently just for the fun of it (in my defense, it was a lazy Sunday afternoon).

I slapped it with a 1,200 words, one page article, and gave it no back links whatsoever. Threw in five royalty free portraits, and voila, within three weeks of submitting the page to Bing, the page returned second on three competitive keywords, just behind Wikipedia.

Thales, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  19. G30SPKI

G30SPKI Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, provide fresh daily content. just it, we can survive google panda

G30SPKI, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  20. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    who's a very true friend?

contentboss, Apr 24, 2011 IP