1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best webdesigning Language

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by iimmdeepak, Jun 10, 2010.

Hello
    all i m very much confused on choosing the best language for the website development from the blow languages have look at it reply me asap
    1.PHP
    2.Ruby on rails
    3.asp and asp.net
    4.perl
    5.jsp(Java)

Thanks in advance for the reply

iimmdeepak, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  2. Masteroa

Masteroa Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what kind of website you're going to build. On overall, PHP is a very good and wide language.

Masteroa, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  3. johns123

johns123 Peon

Best Answers:
    i recommend php and .net for web development and web designing purpose flash and photoshop are best..

johns123, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  4. DK-Tandy

DK-Tandy Active Member

Best Answers:
    many of website are built with PHP, its one of the popular language and is rather easy to pick up... My person opinion (not that you really may want it) is PHP, but its all down to you :)

DK-Tandy, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  5. dlb

dlb Member

Best Answers:
    There are only 2 languages for designing a website. HTML/XHTML and CSS. HTML/XHTML vary slightly but provide the sites structure. CSS provides the visual aspects of a design. Your choices are a selection of languages that provide functionality, and you should look no further than PHP, and possibly Ajax.

dlb, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  6. LeetPCUser

LeetPCUser Peon

Best Answers:
    Of the languages listed PHP is, in my opinion, the best language to learn. Many developers use PHP because it is free to develop on. The second language you may want to consider learning is Ruby on Rails. Although, development for that is much smaller.

LeetPCUser, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  7. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    The best language is the one you can wrap your head around the best. All of them are good. Avoid .NET anything like the plague cause it blocks your view of how things really work and only works the Microsoft way. Other than that, it doesn't matter which one you choose.

drhowarddrfine, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  8. viteb

viteb Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP is better it is open source plus good compatibility with browser and other related platforms.

viteb, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  9. srmkymca

srmkymca Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,

My choice is the best language is PHP and Dotnet. The two languages is userfriendly.

srmkymca, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  10. SampathW

SampathW Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,

According to my opinion, PHP is the best language to develop web applications. You can find many resources to learn the language. And most importantly it is easy to learn and implement. It has the best support from Open source servers and Databases. And there are many frameworks like CakePHP which eases your work more :).

SampathW, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  11. silv3r.m00n

silv3r.m00n Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what kind of application you are making. For most Websites and web applications including ecommerce , custom portals , forums , blogs etc PHP would work best as it is the fastest , open source , and easiest to code and maintain. But PHP is not a full fledged scripting language and lacks many features like multiple inheritance , multi threading , saving application state etc.

If advanced features like multi threading , application state saving etc are needed for business applications , then JSP/Java should be a good choice. ASP.NET works only on windows.

silv3r.m00n, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  12. fqqs

fqqs Peon

Best Answers:
    php&ajax

the best imo

fqqs, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  13. Polizel

Polizel Peon

Best Answers:
    I recomment PHP, AJAX and ASP.net | many people say that php is best ,php is friendly, php has large active community of developers. I donot refuse this but it is also a reality that ASP.net was launched many years after PHP... so the present is of PHP but the future might be of ASP.net

Polizel, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  14. gelkamran

gelkamran Guest

Best Answers:
    Best one is JSP (if you are familiar with Java) , second one is PHP.

gelkamran, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  15. kaushalamseo

kaushalamseo Banned

Best Answers:
    dude...get an advantage of develop your site in python because its a really a very updated and high level programming language so you can have a chance to learn in beginner and professional basis..!! take an example of walt disney sites, if you learn python you can a be faster programmer and you can have a knowledge of c and other programming language easily..!! try it and tell me..!! :))

kaushalamseo, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  16. Brunzig

Brunzig Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP is the Best Defo

Brunzig, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  17. ronc0011

ronc0011 Peon

Best Answers:
    ASP / C# is without question the most powerful option. That being said if you plan to use something like Wordpress it is written in PHP and in fact a whole lot of prewritten stuff out there is written in PHP so if you plan to rely on this sort of thing then you should probably go with PHP for now.

In the long run I think ASP and the .net platform will dominate the industry simply because it is just mind boggling robust so it wouldn't hurt to start learning it now.

Check out http://www.asp.net for hundreds of video tutorials.

ronc0011, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  18. Sepehr

Sepehr Peon

Best Answers:
    You're funny! Tell that to Facebook, Wikipedia and the rest.
    You say that like ASP or .Net are new things. ASP.net was released in 2002. If it were to dominate it would have by now.

Sepehr, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  19. ronc0011

ronc0011 Peon

Best Answers:
    In 2002 you may have had a point, however in 2011 there is no comparison. Facebook and Wikipedia were written a long time ago when PH P was about the best thing going.

ASP and the .net framwork are worlds ahead of PHP now plus they are designed to work with a MSSQL backend which is so far ahead of MySQL it isn't even funny. In addition to that ASP and the .net framework are Active Directory aware so you can divide your system out into accounts that are both private and public and controlled by a AD domain controller. You may not have noticed but there a lot of Windows hosting services starting to show up lately.

Unlike PHP and MySQL ASP and the .net framework are designed to integrate with IIS on a Windows server so the security is unsurpassed. The largest companies in the world run on Windows systems. There's a reason for that. Those guys can afford the best there is and they are choosing Windows.

AS for the SQL side of things the only real contender is Oracle and I don't think they are really keeping up.

Obviously you haven't really spent any real time with ASP recently.

Large systems that were written in PHP are going to be very, very slow to migrate to the next newest bestest thing simply because they are so heavily invested in their current system. I know I wouldn't want the job of migrating something like Facebook over to a new platform.

Compared to .Net and ASP, PHP is like tinker toys.

ronc0011, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  20. shahilroyhere

shahilroyhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your topic is particularly "wed designing" then I will recommend PHP, reason being PHP is also an interfacing language along with a programming language. So it helps much in designing keeping most of the programming criticality out of the scenario.
    Secondly, its open source with huge community support and lots of free scripts available.
    Thirdly, world's most used CMS are based on PHP.

shahilroyhere, Apr 5, 2011 IP