1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

google webmaster tools: impressions vs clicks

Discussion in 'Google' started by realized, Mar 28, 2011.

under google webmaster tools i have 10 search queries listed..

most are above 4,500
    and a lot are <10

what could be causing this? is page title/synopsis displayed on Google is the only thing or am i missing something?

this is true to traffic also.. for example i am on the first page for what i consider a semi popular subject... verified with serp tools youc an find online so it has nothing to do with my pc/ie cache etc........ googel says i have 10,000 impressions for that subject but less then 10 clicks..

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
    realized, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  2. massjo

massjo Active Member

Best Answers:
    what is the major difference between impressions and clicks

massjo, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  3. opiz2012

opiz2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I also encountered the same problem, my click-through rate of less than 5%, is really a headache, I do not know to how to improve.

opiz2012, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  4. Reliable-SeoServices

Reliable-SeoServices Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, impression is the no. of times your website ranked for a particular search in SERP and click are generated when user visit your site. Click may be less due to less visibility, ranking at bottom of page or due to poor title & meta description.

Reliable-SeoServices, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  5. realized

realized Member

Best Answers:
    i just can't figure out why im on page one for some 20+ search terms, each of them have 2,500 - 10,000 impressions ove the last 30 days, and i get less then 10 clicks from each..

im thinking the only possible thing it could be is my page titles or the summary...

6. Reliable-SeoServices

Reliable-SeoServices Peon

Best Answers:
    How are you checking the ranking... If you are logged in Gmail account then just logout and delete all your browser history and then recheck your ranking.. are you really on 1st page for 20+ terms?

Reliable-SeoServices, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  7. realized

realized Member

Best Answers:
    im checking the ranking via seoserp.com and by checking google on my computer, and my cell phone.
    i have also checked on my sisters computer which i never use.

8. InfraMek

InfraMek Peon

Best Answers:
    as you discovered, being indexed and ranking high only the first step and as speculated, once your site link is viewed then searchers must pick your link out of 5 or 20 or more - all they have to go on is the URL and the 160 character description, a thumbnail if it is a video

sure, the head description contents might be used or might not, Google also likes the first sentence of the first paragraph after the first h1 tag and often uses that

and your description must be competitive enough that it is the one chosen, the need for people engaging copy writing starts with the search engine results page and the description

InfraMek, Mar 28, 2011 IP