1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ever wonder how God could have a son? Easy....

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Tray, Mar 22, 2011.

Tray, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    -Meaning random guy with a random interesting idea that he thought would get him publicity.

Laceygirl, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  3. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bingo . As we get closer and closer to 2012 we're bound to see more stupidity out of the blue .

I'm expecting arguments that God drives a [insert favorite car brand here] or that God is a vegan .

ApocalypseXL, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  4. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    laxman363, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  5. BeeMWyou

BeeMWyou Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good try professor, good try

BeeMWyou, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As you're probably aware, I'm agnostic. I would still like to contribute to this thread. In Jeremiah it refers to the queen of heaven.

Jer 44:17-19,25 -
    Jer 7:18 -

Rebecca, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  7. Warner

Warner Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose and really sure that God's wife was Love. And as result the first man appeared. Thus everything is logical and rather clear.:)

Warner, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  8. Jackob2916

Jackob2916 Peon

Best Answers:
    Who said that god cannot have child and wife its your perception that god shouldn't have child and wife.. God teaches us to have a family, live together, love each other.. And for your kind information saint should not have family after all they are human beings

Jackob2916, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  9. jaisonvincent

jaisonvincent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes...He created human..nothing is impossible to Him...No need a wife to get a Son to God

jaisonvincent, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  10. Thales

Thales Peon

Best Answers:
    In the event of a divorce, can you imagine how many thousands of lawyers will be needed for property division?
    And just for the record, I'm following God after the divorce. The Queen of Heaven might not have a bright future, and if she remarries, the alimony ends.

Thales, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  11. Tray

Tray Peon

Best Answers:
    Hopefully he had enough sense to have her sign a prenup first. :)

Tray, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  12. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Love your post Lax and so true :)
    Its obvious that the true historic scholars are laughing at this so called Oxford embicile.
    200 years ago the atheists tried to convince people that Jesus was a myth and 200 years later they stand on the fringes of academia being laughed at by everyone.
    They werecalled the death to God movement and and that movement died an idiotic death lol

pingpong123, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  13. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Rebecca , From my research they were referring to a pagan goddess,not having anything to do with the true God .

14. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's actually a good point pong. If the point is that we are always going to have two types of people. 1) idiots willing to believe in complete shit and 2) shysters willing to take advantage of them. Which one are you? (as if we don't already know)

stOx, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  15. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've heard God also had a dog but it died in the flood. I don't know if any of this is true but it seems believable enough to me.

JamesColin, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  16. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thanks PingPong.

In regards to the Queen of Heaven, on Wikipedia it says:

According to the article posted by Tray, here are a few excerpts:

Rebecca, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  17. Thales

Thales Peon

Best Answers:
    If memory serves (and please feel free to contradict or improve on this), legends+biblical text+myths+Babylonian lores states that Nimrod (the great grandson of Noah of the Ark), the founder of Babel (of the Tower), married Queen Semiramis and elevated themselves to Godhood. When Nimrod died, and Semiramis had a child, she claimed that the son, Tammuz, was the Sun God, a reincarnation of her late husband (Nimrod). Tammuz died in his teens during a hunting accident accident. Six months later, Semiramis shed her tears on a field of grass, and Nimrod/Tammuz was reincarnated as the greens of spring. Semiramis was further elevated by the pagan clergies to the level God Mother, and were eventually known as, among others, Queen of Heaven, Venus, Athena, Eastre (the festival of Easter was attributed to her) and many more. Oh, almost forgot - Nimrod was also known as Baal.

Thales, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  18. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the post Rebecca, but I dont see how this guy can say that it was edited out of the bible since they talked about her and other idol worship in the bible itself. The history of the nation of Israel as recorded in the Bible is full of them falling into idolatry and polytheism with Baal and Asherah. Just read the Prophets, especially Hosea. This is fairly common knowledge. This isnt anything new and confirmed that idolotry by archaeological record and in the Bible is recorded to have been destroyed. Exodus 34:13 NIV says to "cut down their Asherah poles."

When the Jews came out of Egypt they were monotheistic, worshipping Yahweh. However, after taking possession of Canaan, they began to adopt some of the religion of the Canaanites, which included Baal and Asherah. This is why prophets like Hosea preached about the prostitution of Israel. I should know about Canaan, as my ancestors were caananites and heathen but thank God they found the one true God.

According to the documentary hypothesis, the majority of the forty references to Asherah in the Hebrew Bible derive from the Deuteronomist, always in a hostile framework: the Deuteronomist judges the kings of Israel and Judah according to how rigorously they uphold Yahwism and suppress the worship of Asherah and other deities. King Manasseh, for example is said to have placed an Asherah pole in the Holy Temple, and was therefore one who "did evil in the sight of the LORD" (2 Kings 21:7); but king Hezekiah "removed the high places, and broke the pillars, and cut down the Asherah", (2 Kings 18.4), and was noted as the most righteous of Judah's kings before the coming of the reformer Josiah, in whose reign the Deuteronomistic history of the kings was composed. In addition to the authors of Exodus, Deuteronomy, Kings, and Judges, the prophets Isaiah (Isaiah 17:8, 27:9), Jeremiah (Jereimiah 17:2), and Micah (Micah 5:14) also condemned worship of Asherah and praised turning from this idolatry to worship Yahweh alone as the true God.

This is just one quack guy that wants to interpret history, archeology and the bible according to their atheistic beliefs.

Anyone who does enough digging of their own clearly sees that this guy is misrepresenting the pagan goddess in accordance to what the prophets of the old testament believes. Sorry Rebecca but this doesnt hold any water especially with the major historians whether there are for or against christianity. Sounds like its an old argument rehashed from the death to god movement started 200 years back which has beenthoroughly debunks by christian and even agnostic new testament scholars. Seek and you shall find Gods truth

next topic please

19. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think this stuff is interesting, but admittedly, I'm not that knowledgable in this area. I know Wikipedia is not always accurate, but that's where I went to look it up: :)

Nimrod
    Semiramis
    Tammuz

According to what I read, Nimrod did encourage idolatry, and was the founder of Babel. However, the rest I'm not sure about. According to Wikipedia, they spoke of a lack of evidence of the "Hislop's goddess claim" of Semiramis being involved with Nimrod. Semiramis was actually married to a different man, Menones or Ninus. I couldn't make any connection between Tammuz and Nimrod.

The researcher is a woman, her name is Francesca Stavrakopoulou. Just so you know, she is an atheist. In addition, she believes that it's sexism to blame Eve - "Dr Francesca Stavrakopoulou, who has been given a primetime BBC slot, claims that Eve has been ‘unfairly maligned’ by ‘middle-aged bearded men’ and should not have been blamed for the Fall of Man." -- MailOnline

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
    Rebecca, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  20. Thales

Thales Peon

Best Answers:
    Becca, I'm starting to get a little tipsy, so I shall leave you with these Google Books search results in the hope that you either confirm or disprove my ramblings.

Nimrod & Semiramis: http://bit.ly/fBU0gF

Nimrod & Tammuz: http://bit.ly/h8oLj1

Au revoir

Thales, Mar 26, 2011 IP