1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Challenge-How I want To Make $1,000 In 6Months

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Oke Timothy, Sep 25, 2010.

1. willpower101

willpower101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can this be right?

This person gets 60k hits per month and doesn't even make $1000 from it?

willpower101, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  2. willpower101

willpower101 Peon

Best Answers:
    bumpmsgtooshort

willpower101, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  3. thatguystweets

thatguystweets Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you can make that easily with quality social marketing. Or you can get a job, Meijers would pay triple that in six months.

thatguystweets, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  4. Oke Timothy

Oke Timothy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello forumite,
    I guess you are all doing great in your business. My business is moving although not at the speed i expect but at least I am moving. Driving quality traffic to the site after 1 month has been difficult and backlinking has not been easy again.

Overall, slowly slowly, I believe I will reach my goal. Thanks so much for your encouragement.

Oke Timothy
    http://www.superhealtharticles.com

Oke Timothy, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  5. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    you can get 1k in a month or so working at McDonalds

Project Mobius, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  6. ipostmedia

ipostmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wish you all the best mate. I think it's a reachable goal but you need to work hard and smart. Please continue your update here, I'll be reading it.

ipostmedia, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  7. willpower101

willpower101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of people, like the above, have completely missed the point.

Sure I could get 1k in 1 month working at McD's. I can also make $3500/mth ($42k salary) at any job in my field.

The question is can one READILY make 1k PER MONTH from here on out, after six months of blogging? I daresay this is more preferable than a McJob.

And again, how is the person with 60k traffic per month not even hitting 1k?

willpower101, Mar 20, 2011 IP
  8. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    And I think you missed the whole idea of this thread being nothing but bullcrap coming from a noob and good job digging up a thread that's more than 4 months old noob

Project Mobius, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  9. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    60k at $5 CPM is only $350 if you want to consider one unique visitor viewing 2 pages (high for a non forum site) then it's only 120k and $700 per month.

JamesColin, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  10. Health_Media

Health_Media Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck,
    its mean you have to work hard to improve your blog trafic of the visitor so you can get $1000 in your next 6 moon

Health_Media, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  11. willpower101

willpower101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks James, I think I'm a little confused with either the conversion rates of the amount of unique visitors. I remember reading a while back about the income from a lot of top sites and trying to figure out how it was possible.
    Estimated earnings of some top blogs: http://www.incomediary.com/top-earning-blogs/
    You can see from that list and a little research on traffic that most of these site make money monthly on the order of 1:1 - 1:4 with some outliers.

I was always confused by this because it doesn't jive with estimation practices taught on the forum.
    So using that as a basis a site with 60k hits/mth would make anywhere between 15k/mth to 60k/mth.
    Now I know that this is generally wrong to look at sites like that, but my question is how are these sites pulling off such higher incomes. (that's like a $250-$1009 CPM!)

willpower101, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  12. willpower101

willpower101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry that you got mad when I pointed out how irrelevant your response was. (noob) I mean sure, you could go around answering every thread about making money blogging with "get a real job" and it would technically be correct, but it does nothing to facilitate useful discussion on a forum which just to happen to be about website monetization.

Also, I was actively participating in the thread over four months ago and you would have know that had you taken the time to read it. (again, noob)

Lastly, four months isn't that old. (yet again, noob)

I think everyone would appreciate if you went and raged somewhere else.

willpower101, Mar 23, 2011 IP
  13. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    Mad? I'm here to have fun and get entertained, not get mad. And how many threads are actually "useful" to you in here? Have a look at the adsense forum if you haven't already. And he's talking crap in a General forum, how serious is that really? And are you actually contributing to this thread related to the actual topic? No you are not, you are arguing with me about me bashing stupid noobs. So don't talk.

4 months is pretty old to me its probably some where in the 3-4 pages I would assume. But its all relative how one defines "old".

I rather stay here and rage, if you don't like it you can always leave and go contribute something more "useful" somewhere else. If I was so hated I would be banned by now. I also why I have more reps then you? Oh I probably faked all of them somehow right? Yeah, I'm sure I did that.

Yours truely,
    Noob

Project Mobius, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  14. cool_ali121

cool_ali121 Banned

Best Answers:
    Man I m 15 years old making 1000$/month

cool_ali121, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  15. boundlessmartin

boundlessmartin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everything is possible if your luck is with you.

boundlessmartin, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  16. willpower101

willpower101 Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest I didn't even notice we were in the general forum. I have no idea why i even found this thread in the first place. Probably from the 'recent threads' link initially.
    I've looked at adsense as well as most of the other forums on here and am fairly experienced filtering trolling and bragging from fact. If this is indeed a junk thread, then I messed up this time.

I also consider anything under 12 months viable, even though many people push 6 months as the limit. Four months is really pushing anal retentiveness. But you're right, it's opinion, so to each his own.

In your opinion (assuming this was actually in the right forum to begin with...) would you suggest I go start a thread with a similar topic and question instead of replying to this one? I generally hate starting new threads if an slightly older thread is already exploring the same damn question.

Anyway, you don't have to ask rhetorical questions when you have 7k+ posts. However you might want to re-asses your proposed answers to those questions because that would just be retarded of me to think. If we google both my forum handles I'm sure i have easily as many (if not double) the posts you have, just across several forums.

willpower101, Mar 24, 2011 IP
  17. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    Well obviously you messed up this time if you still can't see how BS this thread is from reading the original post. Any why are we comparing who has more posts?

Project Mobius, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  18. willpower101

willpower101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dunno, you brought up your rep count. I thought it was an honest question, just maybe asked by a 15 year old or something. Anyway. I get your point.

willpower101, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  19. Oke Timothy

Oke Timothy Peon

Best Answers:
    ***update***
    After working at my goal for a time, I realized it's not feasible with the type and level of knowledge that I had then so...

I SOLD THE ARTICLE DIRECTORY!!!

I know I may have disappointed alot of people. I'm sure some will say ' i said it, it's not possible'. One thing I believe though is the fact that 'a person should know when to STOP'. I knew my goal was not working so I stopped and focused on some other things...

Last month, I hit around $1,000 doing what works. I'll continue in this line of action because I've found out that it's working. So my thoughts are:
    1. Know what's working and drop what isn't.
    2. Know when to STOP.
    3. Re-focus your energy.

In conclusion, thank you everyone for your support along the way. I really appreciate it. I've hit my first target which is $1,000. The next challenge is making it every month...

Enjoy your day guys!
    Tim

Oke Timothy, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  20. jerton

jerton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You have chosen a very serious topic. You can derive quality visitors on this topic but only one condition - quality content. I think 6 months time period are not enough to achieve $1,000 through the project.

jerton, Apr 1, 2011 IP