1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Islam the most dominant religion in the world ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Elberengy, Mar 5, 2011.

1. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok. you won

laxman363, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  2. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes and yes.
    If you mean "dominant" as aggressive, the answer is yes. Islam is the most aggressive
    If you mean "dominant" as largest, the answer is yes. The size of a religion is proportional to the number of uneducated members.
    So you got that all right....

Codythebest, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  3. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if "Praying for god is working for humanity." why do you think more than 50% of the worlds population dont pray? think they all know its a waste of time.

why is over 1 billion people starving? with all you religous nuts praying to god for the poor, surely they would not be starving by now? you have had 1000 plus years to get your act together for humanity, is it working? like hell it is

samantha pia, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  4. DhrubaJyotiDeka

DhrubaJyotiDeka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think religious discussion should not be made here. Kindly respect all and do not create any controversy about religions.

DhrubaJyotiDeka, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  5. william25

william25 Peon

Best Answers:
    If dominant means largest in numbers in the world then I will say "No".

william25, Mar 16, 2011 IP
  6. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, who would discuss religion in the Politics and Religion forum...

Anyways, here is a bit of comic relief:
    [​IMG]

cientificoloco, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  7. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    Just follow the bouncing ball.....

Breeze Wood, Mar 17, 2011 IP
    samantha pia likes this.
  8. DhrubaJyotiDeka

Best Answers:
    Modetaors & Admins, please close this thread.

We don't need any discussion or controversy over religious issues in forums, that too in 21st century and over internet.

Please stop these kind of posts and threads.

Make the world united, don't create controversy to divide peoples.

I request dp moderators and Admins to look on this thread and please stop this thread from further discussion over any religious issue.

DhrubaJyotiDeka, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  9. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Now that is something for the lulz.

DP doesn't create controversy to divide people, it's simply the users who have freedom of speech who wants to discuss religious and/or political matters.

If you can't take what's in here then I'd suggest you leave. Simple as that.

Grimm, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  10. DhrubaJyotiDeka

Best Answers:
    Freedom of speech!

Man, even Freedom has also its limit.

And as per your advice I have already made up my mind to leave & ignore this thread.

DhrubaJyotiDeka, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  11. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    /ApocalypseXL walk into the room with coffee , takes a sip , looks at the screen and [​IMG] followed by more [​IMG] . I don't remember solid lulz gold like this since the time of Menji the benji

Freedom of speech and freedom of thought are forever unlimited . To limit the freedom of speech is to crush the very soul of a human being .

ApocalypseXL, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  12. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately for you, you're freedom is limited and mine isn't.

Right, you could have done that in the first place :)

Grimm, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  13. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What i meant is that working for humanity is the best way to worship god. I see you are blaming us for the peoples starvation. So what have you done yet. :D

laxman363, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  14. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you notice the name of this section?

robjones, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  15. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    what have I done? well lets see, a good portion of my taxes goes to every piss pot place on the planet that has people suffering, including almost one billion pounds a year shared between India and Pakistan, both of whom would sooner build nukes than feed their own people. i think you'll find we give away about $15 billion a year to help people in povity.

I understand that people with weak minds are easly lead and follow some best seller that was created about a schizophrenic that was happy to be nailed to a piece of wood by the Romans, who thought nailing people to wood, was a cure for all kinds of things, including delusions, hearing voices. Then 600 years later some guy called Mo though he would create a special form of "Care in the Community" and went about concuring communities and forcing them to join him or die. (not much of a choice huh?)

Humanity has nothing to do with religoin and people like you need to see the light, and get your head out ya ass and stop trying to claim everything for a myth.

samantha pia, Mar 20, 2011 IP
  16. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you got a divorce recently. :D Each paragraph of your post is indicating something else. Are you saying religious people do not pay taxes or that the ancient backwardness is the reason for the present situation. I am talking about what we do for the upliftment of humanity NOW. If you feel good that you are paying taxes like everyone else and being trying to limit the sufferings then i am afraid that you are stupid. The reasons why corruption and starvation exist is not religion. At least not ONLY religion. Do you think that we make people eat watermelons instead of taking them to hospitals when neccesarry or something like that.

laxman363, Mar 20, 2011 IP
  17. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    WTF has watermelons got to do with it?

but hey as you brought it up " ancient backwardness is the reason for the present situation." do you think stoning people, chopping hands off, is developement? i need more convincing that your not suggesting these retarded actions are committed by sane well developed religous people for the good of humanity.

samantha pia, Mar 20, 2011 IP
  18. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did those ancient people get license from the respective religion to take these steps. :) There are people who misunderstand religion and do wrong things. That does not mean the whole religion/commuinty is stupid. If a christian kills someone for some stupid reason like not bowing doen in front of jesuss staue or anything then of course that specific guy is stupid. Do you get my point. Secondly, you cannot blame everything on religion, can you. Thats why i am saying working for the present is worshipping god.

laxman363, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  19. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is there isn't an outbreak of people screaming "Jesus is Lord!" while taking out a pizza parlor full of families with a vest full of Semtex and nails, or while taking down an passenger jet. Christianity went thru a "submit or die" phase, but thankfully grew out of it. Christianity just isn't typically in the habit of practicing the "join or we'll kill you" incentive plan.

Christianity is JUST a religion. I can't think of a single country where the government says you must follow the 10 commandments or get your hand chopped off, or beat to death with rocks, etc. Again, that phase came and went. Now if you don't honor your father and mother you don't get chained to the stocks and pelted with bad veggies... you get a stupid reality series on MTV.

Conversely, where Shariah law is enforced... failure-to-follow carries criminal penalties. There's a serious difference between that and a religion. If following Islamic decrees is mandated by law, it is NOT just a religion. When it mandates inhumane actions like hanging homosexuals because of their sexual preference or stoning to death some local chick that showed too much skin or kissed the wrong guy... it is not even vaguely comparable to some individual nutjob that commits violence purportedly as a result of Christian principles.

Where violent reprisal for failing to be a good Muslim carries a governmental penalty its a whole different thing and yes... that problem is very clearly because of institutionalized Islam, not because some individual misinterpreted a religion.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
    robjones, Mar 22, 2011 IP
  20. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    The fact there are three religions of the same origin with similar goals for Atonement that likewise have shared histories of violence seems proof enough to disprove the authenticity of any one of the three irregardless the eventual maturity of their teachings.

Only by redressing their previous failings will it be possible for any one of the three to once again place themselves on the true path for their stated goals or for all three eventually to conclude a similar consensus for the same goal and its attainment.

Breeze Wood, Mar 22, 2011 IP