1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense isn't everything

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Creep, Oct 17, 2006.

I began putting ads on my site 6 months ago in mid-April. Started with Adsense and Commission Junction, then added some CPM ads in mid-September.

[​IMG]

CPM's should reach $50 to $60 this month. But Adsense has fallen a little since the CPM's were added, costing about $1 per day. Fair trade, I guess.

As of the middle of October, Adsense total is at $80 and non-Adsense is at $76. Almost a 50/50 split.

From April to October, uniques have increased from 600 to 800 per day.

Had a hard time with Commission Junction in the beginning. Put banners on every page and got almost nothing for it. Of about 20 advertisers, eBay was the only one making money. In July, I dropped all the banners and only used text links for eBay. That caused a jump in revenue. Then made some of my own eBay banners and used them as an alternate in Adsense, so it shows these instead of PSA's. Ebay commissions doubled in August, and again in September.

Experimented with Adbrite and Bidvertiser a little, with few results ($1.50 in 2 weeks). Anyone have success with these?

Creep, Oct 17, 2006 IP
    gemini181 likes this.
  2. rxbbx

rxbbx Peon

Best Answers:
    You could use kontera, text link ads.. with both its going well.. and adSense ofcourse.. but i dont know if its smart to publish your earnings..

rxbbx, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  3. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    Kontera is not allowed with Google AdSense.

Indian, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  4. rxbbx

rxbbx Peon

Best Answers:
    rxbbx, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  5. gemini181

gemini181 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice growth in income!
    I need to get some of my sites up soon, I've been too busy learning and having fun. :)

gemini181, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  6. dwphost

dwphost Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow nice growth :) so much increase

dwphost, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  7. Mido

Mido Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Commission Junction is it good enough to use with adsense ? and can we use it with adsense or as alternative ? also i need anypage contains their ads i need to see it

Mido, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  8. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use Commission Junction and Adsense at the same time on the same pages. No problem.

stackman, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  9. medic2424

medic2424 Peon

Best Answers:
    What is Comission Junction and how does it work? Can anyone provide a page where both are displayed please?

Ed

medic2424, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  10. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use Kontera with Adsense and Kontera makes more for me than Adsense does. :)

Computerized, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  11. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should look into Clickbank. One of my sites make about $40/day with Adsense, but $30/day with Clickbank, using a single product that fits this particular site's niche. People don't explore Clickbank enough; there are tons of products there, and one of them has to fit your site.

jackburton2006, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  12. Mido

Mido Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is this pay per click or what jack ?

Mido, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  13. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hey, good results!
    your story sounds a lot like mine.. i plastered a bunch of CJ banners on my popular pages and made about $1.00 after a few weeks.. i removed all the banners and replaced them with a few text links with products related to info on those pages and now they're making several hundred $$/month.

i tried Adbrite too, and made about $2.00 .. i dunno what's up with that..

Tearabite, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  14. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is an affiliate network -- pay per lead/action. You choose a product (they have thousands) and put a link on your site, someone clicks on it, buys/downloads/joins something, and you get paid. Each of the sign-ups on the site I mention nets me an average of $15 a lead.

jackburton2006, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  15. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    I like the increase of CJ. Congrats. And no, ad sense isn't everything I use adBrite which is working out really well for me, i'm just using network ads

check, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  16. Mido

Mido Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I Know that most of my traffic are not willing to buy so what kind of products i can offer for downloading something related to funny humor sites,also what is the average of click price jack ?

Mido, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  17. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    "click price" doesn't factor in, because you only get paid per sale/action on the customer's part. If 1,000 people click and no one downloads or buys anything, it's $0. All you need is one person to buy something a day to earn as much as Adsense. How much you can make depends on what you're selling. Most products pay out pretty well, over 50%-60%. Compare this to the junk 5% average on places like CJ and Linkshare. I don't personally know what's available for your humor site, but you should go to clickbank.com and take a look at what they have available. Who knows, there might be something for you.

jackburton2006, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  18. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:
    Problem with clickbank is that they dont work with tons of countries.
    I tried to join them recently but they dont accept niether of my 2 countries ( Croatia and Bosnia ), but they have pleny of 20 residents "tuku muku" islands on their list.

I guess its time to move to "tuku muku" islands

almir, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  19. Webmaster-Now

Webmaster-Now Peon

Best Answers:
    Commision Junction is a CPA model aka affiliate program. You get paid when someone buy a product following a link from your site.
    It works the same way as ClickBank, however they display very different products. CJ is mainstream and has many well known brands, CB is more related to e-books and digital stuff like that.

Webmaster-Now, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  20. Creep

Creep Peon

Best Answers:
    Bidvertiser has made $1.66 after 35,000 impressions.

Adbrite has made $0.11 after 2,800 impressions.

So both are under 5 cents per 1,000 impressions, which is horrible.

Bidvertiser keeps showing the same 5 ads on every page, over and over, day after day, so I don't see any hope for it. It's nice that they show the higher paying ads, but enough is enough.

Adbrite rotates a little bit, but I haven't experimented much with it. I'm going to take Bidvertiser down and replace it with Adbrite to see what happens.

I checked into Clickbank. It looks interesting, but it will take a while to find what works for me and what doesn't. That's the problem I had with Commission Junction. Took a couple months of trial and error to find just the right ads.

Creep, Oct 19, 2006 IP