1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google and their BS Algo and ranking

Discussion in 'Google' started by Mia, Mar 10, 2011.

Can someone explain to me why Google Searches never yield any valuable or relevant results with regards to certain keyword searches?

I know Google claims to have recently fixed their Algo in an effort to blow away the BH and crap ranging from MFA sites and Affiliate sites. In my experience it's become worse.

For the past few weeks I've been looking at one particular key word combination "shared hosting" and have noticed that out of the top 10 results, Wiki is always in the 1-2 spot leaving 9 other possible valid and relevant results for "shared hosting".

Out of those 9, 4 are clearly crap BH BS MFA and or Affiliate marketing sites.

In other words out of the top 10 results on first results page of a google search for "shared hosting" 50% of the results are worthless. 40% just flat out do not belong there.

Number two result: http://www.webhostingsearch.com/shared-web-hosting.php

Its an affiliate marketing site that masquerades as a site that is all about ranking web hosts. The reality is, none of these hosts paid to be listed, nor were they ranked. The listing contains links to those hosts that provide high pay out affiliate based links.

Number six result: http://www.sharedhostings.com/

Just a horrible example of another spammy affiliate link site claiming to be a ranking site for web hosts. This one looks like someone from 1994 built it to work with Mosaic.

Result number nine: http://webhostingcolumns.com/shared-hosting/

Ditto.

Result number ten: http://topdrupalthemes.net/web-hosting/shared-hosting/

Another crappy spammy bs site that looks like crap. All its doing to pimp its way to the top is using the weight of its drupal themes pages that all link back to the site.

The reality is, only 5 out of the TOP TEN LISTINGS are related to or legitimately contain an actual business that sells "shared hosting"

With the number of people in Google's employ, they would be better off actually having humans monitor the top 10 results for popular search terms and manually removing or banning all the shit.

It's rather annoying to think that you could generate more income making some sham spammy MFA or affiliate based site than selling the actual legitimate product directly.

Google, wake up. You're results just suck.. Now more than ever. They've gone from bad to worse.

Mia, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you could be mad at them for your reason. but think about it. for millions of keywords if they have to manually monitor them, it would cost them tons of money extra. plus their algo works with expected error margin of course.

webcosmo, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  3. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hopefully all these spammy and utterly useless affilate marketing websites are to be targeted next. I think they are a lot bigger problem than the so called content farms.

hhsaus, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  4. saqib889

saqib889 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol you are right

saqib889, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm not upset about it. Just a bit bewildered by the hypocrisy and BS.

And they do have enough employees to manually monitor this stuff. I think they've either become lazy, or just enjoy profiting off of advertisers regardless of where the links are located.

Mia, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  6. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    You must redirect your anger young padawan....use it for good backlinking

mchrest, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  7. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With certain keywords it is definitely the case.

With very "important" ones even more so...

giorgioarmani, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  8. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They haven't gone bad to worse. They just don't have time to monitor all those websites building links for those keywords - they'll get banned when Google notices the lack of quality in the rankings.

ForgottenCreature, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  9. simey

simey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't mind bad results on the first page so much. (I'm used to that)
    I Do mind that more of these results seem to be setting off my virus software.

simey, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Sorry, they have gone from worse to worser is what I meant to say.

Mia, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  11. JSProjects

JSProjects Member

Best Answers:
    It will never be possible to fully rid the search engines of worthless results. Billions upon billions of different keyword combinations are possible, and there's no way Google, Microsoft, etc, can manually monitor the results.

JSProjects, Mar 14, 2011 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm a little more optimistic I guess. I think its a little easier than you think.

The reason its not done is because G profits from the MFA and Spam sites more than the legit one.

Am I saying they allow it? No. Do they look the other way? What do you think?

Mia, Mar 14, 2011 IP