1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

who could tell the difference of Algorithm between google and bing?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bgjyd834, Mar 10, 2011.

Recently, i heard that Yahoo's algorithm will be combined with bing, i have learned google's algorithm for 3 years, so i am very familiar with its algorithm, but now i need to do optimization on yahoo and bing, could you tell the difference with them? many thanks!!

bgjyd834, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  2. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    one thing i know.. google algo is more advance than bing.. besides from that only those two companies knows..

bogs, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  3. krishnaegurus

krishnaegurus Peon

Best Answers:
    Right now Bing looks like almost a copy cat of Google. To gain good ranks in Yahoo you should have a keyword in your domain and also relevant keywords in your content written

krishnaegurus, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  4. SalishaBrown

SalishaBrown Peon

Best Answers:
    PageRank is a link analysis algorithm, named after Larry Page, used by the Google Internet search engine that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of "measuring" its relative importance within the set.
    A mathematical formula used in calculating search engine ranking. The goal of any SEOP is to understand the algorithm as best as possible. Algorithms of course are very closely guarded secrets and possibly you'll never meet anyone who has “cracked” an algorithm.

SalishaBrown, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  5. roger wood

roger wood Peon

Best Answers:
    i think no one can this accurately ..these are secret for both google and bing

roger wood, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  6. midnight_focus

midnight_focus Active Member

Best Answers:
    And what do u know about G algorithm! G has more than 200 factors in their algorithm. Unless you are in G team for algorithm you can't predict or learn their algorithm and same for bing but bing is far less advanced than google

midnight_focus, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  7. seo.vijay

seo.vijay Member

Best Answers:
    Agree totally.

seo.vijay, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  8. Alina Tru

Alina Tru Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Many webmaster are said that who know very well google algorithm but it is not true. recently google again changed own algorithm. Yeah it's right google on top but bing have tough fighter.

Alina Tru, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  9. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think no one can learn algorithms of google neither bing's as both are too huge then our imagination. No webmaster can give exact prediction for both. Google has advanced version of search as their reach and experience is more than bing's. Talking about optimization we can assume and move ahead.

Alan Smith, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  10. lukefowell89

lukefowell89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Except Googles developers, no one can be sure exactly what Google's algorithm is or how it works. We do know is that Bing is trying its best to replicate Google's success, Google even claims that bing is recycling its own results from a test they did a few months back. Apparently they synthetically inserted some fake results for certain key phrases into their own system, then a couple of weeks later Bing had these in its SERPs.

If you read between the lines of what Google has told us, you can get a pretty good idea of what is contained within the algorithm. Although they keep the secret to exactly how it works a secret. They do tell everyone what they are looking for in websites, what they want to achieve and provide for their customers. Generally peoples best guesses and assumptions about what Google want, tend to be right.

lukefowell89, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  11. jack jastin

jack jastin Peon

Best Answers:
    As you know every search engine is having its own algorithm but the main thing what I observed is that Google focuses more on off page techniques whereas yahoo focuses mainly on on page techniques.

jack jastin, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  12. eleetgeek

eleetgeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Even I was under same impression and thousands or millions around are under same impression Simple answer is:
    Not necessary! :)
    Tried and tested.

eleetgeek, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  13. Barak

Barak Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Who can tell you? try Larry Page and Sergei Brin

Barak, Mar 12, 2011 IP