1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

vBulletin: Getting rid of /forum.php at the end of URL

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by grhawkins, Mar 10, 2011.

I have my main website www.example.com, which is running WordPress (I don't think that affects what I'm trying to do, just giving all the information I can). I set up the sub-domain, www.[B]forum[/B].example.com for vBulletin. I also removed the "Home" navigation link on my forum display.

How do I get it so that when a user types in www.forum.example.com it's not going to/displays the www.forum.example.com/content.php page? The same home display shows for both www.forum.example.com and www.forum.example.com/content.php (the one with the sections widget, categories, widget, articles, blog posts, etc.).

***I'd like it so the Home display doesn't show at all and that my /forum.php display shows when myself or a visitors types in www.forum.example.com into the address bar. Currenlty, the /forum.php only shows when I type in www.forum.example.com/forum.php.

This is what I've found so far...
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php/295-FAQ-How-to-install-CMS-in-Root-Forums-in-subdirectory

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/options_contentmanagement

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advanced!

EDIT: Essentially, I want it set up how DigitalPoint has it set up. Type in forums.digitalpoint.com and it shows the forums..you don't have to type forums.digitalpoint.com/forum.php

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
    grhawkins, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  2. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Didn't you ask this on vb.org? if so, I replied what you need to do. (301 redirect)

Brandon Sheley, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  3. flapjack_

flapjack_ Guest

Best Answers:
    add this to your .htaccess:

flapjack_, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I could be wrong, but you would only want to setup a 301 if he wanted to point that domain to another domain.

From what I understand he wants to turn:

domain.com/forum.php

into

domain.com

Is this right?

rename index.php to index-tmp.php

rename forum.php to index.php

VB options > Forum Home Page options

change 1st option forum > index

then save

If this is not what you are looking for, oh well.

dscurlock, Mar 10, 2011 IP